The General Conversation Area

Morning Team :)

How was everyones weekend?

@ Manga Girls - Yeah its based in London and no I dont speak any Japanese unfortunatly, but they do language courses in the company so I will be doing those. Where abouts in London will you be working? Im in Canary Wharf at the moment.

So I bought some anime over the weekend to get the ball solling again, picked up The Slayers Vol.1 and Noein Vol.1, not watched them yet though....

Foxstripe said:
@ Manga Girls - Yeah its based in London and no I dont speak any Japanese unfortunatly, but they do language courses in the company so I will be doing those. Where abouts in London will you be working? Im in Canary Wharf at the moment.

So I bought some anime over the weekend to get the ball solling again, picked up The Slayers Vol.1 and Noein Vol.1, not watched them yet though....
I'll be working in Canary Wharf myself from mid next month on. Are you currently living in London, Fox? I think this is slightly bad commute-wise for me, considering that I've moved from the Southeast, into North London and now I'll be commuting to the Southeast again.

I'm not complaining though, my new flat is great and my new job is going to be brilliant as well. If not brilliant, I'll at least gets loads of money out of them to compensate =P

Nah I don't live in London :( I live in Essex, Southend On Sea. It costs me £14.50 per day to get to work :(

What part of the wharf will you be working?

HSBC.
And wow, 14.5 per day? That's almost enough to rent a decent sized room in the Wharf. My friend rents her room for 450 a month.

If you get the job are you considering moving in?

I worked for HSBC about 2 years ago, on the 27th floor. Was good mate, had a good set of people in my office

Yeah £450 for only a room though. im paying £525 for my flat and thats got a garden and a driveway so its ideal really. I dont mind the commute, gives me a good chance to read or listen to music :)

If im still in Canary Wharf when you move i'll come meet ya for a lunch and what not if you wanted

Foxstripe said:
I worked for HSBC about 2 years ago, on the 27th floor. Was good mate, had a good set of people in my office

Yeah £450 for only a room though. im paying £525 for my flat and thats got a garden and a driveway so its ideal really. I dont mind the commute, gives me a good chance to read or listen to music :)

If im still in Canary Wharf when you move i'll come meet ya for a lunch and what not if you wanted
Well, that's completelly true. The further you move from London, the cheaper the rent. Back in Belfast I had this really amazing flat which cost me 500 a month, huge living room and open plan kitchen, garage and right beside a pub.

Good times. I like the London lifestyle though and I'm always going out at nights to cinema, theatre or gigs, so living central has huge advantages for me.

Let's grab a grub one of these days then! I'll let you know once I move to the new office.

Foxstripe said:
Yeah def, that would be awesome, i know a lovely little place we can go...Tesco i think its called......haha
And when I was thinking on the likes of Fat Duck...

Anyway, how's your weeked? Had a good time?

My Saturday was chilled, I was meant to go to the cinema, but after lunch I sat down in the sofa and fell asleep =S slept through the whole afternoon and then I had to start packing my stuff to move to the new flat on Sunday.

On Sunday I've moved in to the new flat and I was due to go to a friends house for BBQ and watch the Brazil match, but I've forgot my mobile at my other mate house, which actually had the address and their phone.

So, without my mobile, I decided just to head to the closest pub with a TV to watch the match. Was a decent match, with some funny moments =/

Brazilian defense is still weak in my opinion, the goalkeeper is all right, but the other defenders are rubbish =(

*walks in yawning and stretching*

Morning all. How is everyone today?

I've been up since 8.00 and I still feel like I could get back into bed... but then that's Monday mornings for you.

Hey Voddas, how are you

What was you planning on watching in the cinema? Is there much out at the moment?

Yeah I watched the Brazil game, ridiculous red card!! As for the defence, I quite liked them last night, I just feel Lucio pushes forward far too much and leaves gaps. other than that, Brazil look pretty lethal

Voddas have seen The Slayers and Noein?

Hey Guys! :D

chaos said:
I've been here with Foxstripes planning our Tesco adventure.
Intresting. Tell me more? :p
Foxstripe said:
I've never seen Noein (though I plan to) and I've only seen the first episode of the first series of The Slayers as was supplied to me via a ADV sample DVD. Why? You watching them at the moment?

QUESTION! *ahem* Has anyone watched Tetsuwan Birdy Decode?

Yeah I bought The Slayers Vol.1 for £1.00 and Noein Vol.1 for £2.50 in CEX

Me and chaos will be working in the same place (if I dont get the Bank of Tokyo job) we are gonna go have an expensive dinner and ole tezza's

Nah not seen Tetsuwan Birdy Decode, is it good?

Hah, didn't realize you worked at the smae place. That's cool... although I do feel left out now. T_T

You'll have to let me know what you think as I've planned to watch both series for some time now. Just never got round to it (much like alot of the other animes I've planned on watching).

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode is very good imo. I managed to get threw the series in three sittings. I class that as a good sign. Easy to watch and left me wanting more. I have the second series too however there is an OVA that I think is based between them (timeline wise). I want to know if you have to watch this first as I'm struggling to find it and I've been wanting to watch the second series for some time. ¬_¬

Afternoon ye scurvy dogs!

i've got great news and some even better news, argh

First off, i'll not be a dad :D Secondly, i've noticed The Monkey island game on the PSN and downloaded the demo, shortly after i downloaded the full game (the remasterd but original story!) for my ipod. and have spent many an hour playing it 8)

Weekends aren't long enough.

Voddas said:
Hah, didn't realize you worked at the smae place. That's cool... although I do feel left out now. T_T

You'll have to let me know what you think as I've planned to watch both series for some time now. Just never got round to it (much like alot of the other animes I've planned on watching).

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode is very good imo. I managed to get threw the series in three sittings. I class that as a good sign. Easy to watch and left me wanting more. I have the second series too however there is an OVA that I think is based between them (timeline wise). I want to know if you have to watch this first as I'm struggling to find it and I've been wanting to watch the second series for some time. ¬_¬

Whats the series about? Whats the genre? Come on Voddas answers! answers!" *clicks fingers*

Foxstripe said:
What was you planning on watching in the cinema? Is there much out at the moment?
Whatever's showing. Scott Pilgrin comes to mind though. I've got a cineworld membership and I haven't used it in the last month and a half due to moving and such. Other than that, Prince of Persia, Robin Hood and Iron Man 2 also comes to mind... As a matter of fact, I might go try watch one of them before they are off.

Foxstripe said:
Yeah I watched the Brazil game, ridiculous red card!! As for the defence, I quite liked them last night, I just feel Lucio pushes forward far too much and leaves gaps. other than that, Brazil look pretty lethal
Well, It seems to me that the brazilian defense is always a bit too forward, which creates opportunities like that quite often. So, I'm wonrdering what will happen when we get to the big guns. Ivory Coast was a decent team, but only had Drogba to do the heavy lifting. Come the more orgaznied and balanced teams and we will have problems.

Foxstripe said:
Voddas - Go watch Slayers! Noein is all right, a bit confusing, but all right. It managed to feel even more confusing than GiTS, but a little less than Eva.

But slayers is brilliant!

Voddas said:
Hey Guys! :D

chaos said:
I've been here with Foxstripes planning our Tesco adventure.
Intresting. Tell me more? :p
Well, my new office is closer to Foxstripes office, so we are planning a trip to Tesco to buy lunch or something.

chaos said:
QUESTION! *ahem* Has anyone watched Tetsuwan Birdy Decode?
Nope. Tell me more about it.

Edit
@Tachi - hey, congrats (I guess) =)

Afternoon Tachi and congrats (I guess) :)
I've never played a Monkey Island game ever in my life. *shields from thrown objects* I hear it's popular though. =P

Foxstripe said:
Whats the series about? Whats the genre? Come on Voddas answers! answers!" *clicks fingers*
Ok OK!
MAL said:
Tsutomu Senkawa is an average high school kid who is busy studying for his senior entrance exams. Tsutomu goes out for some fresh air, after a hard day's work studying for a big test, when he runs into a guy fleeing from a pretty young lady. The pursued man is actually an interplanetary criminal on the run from a Federation agent called Birdy Cephon Altera. Caught in the midst of this chase, Tsutomu gets thrown by the man at Birdy, which kills Tsutomu. Fortunately for Tsutomu, there is a way to keep him alive, although it comes at the price of discarding his body. He ends up merged into Birdy's body.
It's of the Action Sci-fi Genre, with a few laughs included. It was Blackwolf who told me about it actually (I think).

Edit: Hah! Choas, that was wierd.

I'm off to lunch now so I'll be off for a bit. Catch you this afternnon folks.

Sounds quite good. I'll look it up.

I just had my photo taken with the Premier League Trophy :), i think my pose was really camp, its the way he made me stand honest :(

And Tachi well done on not becoming a father. What would you call your child if you had had one?

Hmm, if it was a girl, i've always liked the name clare.
If it was a boy i'd shave my head and call him mini me.

Voddas: you've never played monkey island?! you've been missing out my friend, the game was about 24 floppy disks, but probably one of the best games i've ever played. i remember playing hours upon hours of it when i was younger (it came out the same year i was born)

Bring back consoles like this!

Back