The General Conversation Area

chaos said:
Voddas said:
Maxon said:
What does RTFM mean?
Ryo's Trained Foot Massages :thumb:
obvious no? =D

Ryo's answer is accurate. It's basically what we IT people say about our users when they come to us with silly questions.

I thought our golden phrase was

"if at first it doesn't work....turn it off, then back on again" ;)

My tutor/mates golden piece of advice is

"if you don't know how to fix it, google is your friend and the manufacturers website is your bible" lol

Not too bad today at work...have rebooked my theory for tomorrow night....should be a laugh.
Didn't want to wake up this morning, but fine now, eating skittles and listening to all that remains - Two weeks.
Going to thorpe park in 2 weekends time. having my week off hopefully in 2/3weeks time (should have been next week....*reframes himself from saying a torrent of curses and swear words about a certain member of staff*)

Anywho, what's people upto?

Maxon said:
I'm an IT/computing guy too, you know. If there was a manual I'd have checked that first. You think too lightly of me, chaos. :twisted:
And you didn't know about RTFM? What do they teach kids these days!!! ;)
sorry, but RTFM is specially funnier to say when you' re not dealing with someone dumb and twice as funny if the recipient answers back.
You can miss your friend, but never the joke =D

chaos said:
Maxon said:
I'm an IT/computing guy too, you know. If there was a manual I'd have checked that first. You think too lightly of me, chaos. :twisted:
And you didn't know about RTFM? What do they teach kids these days!!! ;)
sorry, but RTFM is specially funnier to say when you' re not dealing with someone dumb and twice as funny if the recipient answers back.
You can miss your friend, but never the joke =D
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsbYx6hevoQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsbYx6hevoQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hope that curse isn't contagious! o_O (no youtube for me either).

I just realised while having a chat with Tachi that I'm having a dry anime patch. Does it happen to others from time to time? It's been nearlly four weeks since I've watched any anime at all.

Knowing me, in a week or so I'll probably go into anime overload and watch several series in a short space of time. I've had Honey & Clover and Texhnolyze to watch for months now, never mind the series I haven't completed yet.

I'm not in IT. I'm a tax man. Now go to jail! :twisted:

I can watch videos on my computer by using other streaming programs but only from the source rather than a a link. Not that I'm bothered. I'll just watch them at home later.
:thumb:

chaos said:
Izekiel said:
What kind of people in IT don't have Youtube at work? We are the power!
Those that can't be bothered to find / create a proxy of their own just for youtube, perhaps?

Thats my excuse and i'm stickin to it ;)

Anyway, I'm part of HR for an NHS trust....i don't have a job in IT (despite being a qualified Technician lol)

Haven't watched any anime in ages....early feb i was in DBZ mode, watching 2 seasons in a matter of 2 weeks or so....then went to brighton and it all fell apart. just been so busy recently that other things have had to come first...i'll hopefully have some down time soon and once again return to anime.

Voddas said:

Do not pass go? Do not collect £200?

chaos said:
Those that can't be bothered to find / create a proxy of their own just for youtube, perhaps?

Proxy? I am just above the law, unfiltered, unrestricted access ;)

...now all I have to do is change the packet shaper settings and sorted!

Izekiel said:
chaos said:

Proxy? I am just above the law, unfiltered, unrestricted access ;)

...now all I have to do is change the packet shaper settings and sorted!
Oh, the days of unrestricted access in companies :)
In my case I'd have to have a proxy, even though my job qualify as IT, I'm not in the IT part that handles networking.

Izekiel said:
Voddas said:

Exactly!! Mwwahahaahaaaaaa!!!!

My GOD! The heat in this office is doing my nut! I can't undo anymore shirt buttons otherwise I could get done for sexual harrasment! o_O
*begins to shrink whilest sat in a ever growing pool of liquid*

Voddas said:
Izekiel said:
Voddas said:

Exactly!! Mwwahahaahaaaaaa!!!!

My GOD! The heat in this office is doing my nut! I can't undo anymore shirt buttons otherwise I could get done for sexual harrasment! o_O
*begins to shrink whilest sat in a ever growing pool of liquid*

hahaha,

I usually have a shirt and tie on....today its a long sleeved tshirt on :thumb:

chilled night tonight round kayls :)

Was in a shirt and tie. .....now I'm in a towel.

I have Radio tonight and I'm on my own as my co-presenter is out of the area on work. Not gonna do anything special, probably spend most of teh time on teh studio PC as I need to install DOS BOX to access our old music library. Should be fun.
:roll:

Voddas said:
Was in a shirt and tie. .....now I'm in a towel.

I have Radio tonight and I'm on my own as my co-presenter is out of the area on work. Not gonna do anything special, probably spend most of teh time on teh studio PC as I need to install DOS BOX to access our old music library. Should be fun.
:roll:
How can I listen to your radio?

You can't yet chaos. We're going digital/internet later this year. The Station is still taking off teh ground again so we have to take baby steps. We're only a local area station at the moment.

As soon as something comes up, I'll let you all know like. :p :thumb:

Back