The General Conversation Area

chaos said:
Hey all. Hope you had a good weekend. Besides some tequila fueled BBQ Saturday

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWT3y2CZXVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sWT3y2CZXVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

YEAAHH PLAY IT LOUD BLAST YOUR EARS OFF. Come on chaos get your white brothel creepers on and boggle loo on that table top

By Sunday
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QLn1GXDppxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QLn1GXDppxg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I need to give my PC a good cleaning. Just been to lazy getting some compressed air. Ckleaned the fans by hand the other week. Man they were filthy. ¬_¬

Is compressed air effective? I would have assumed that removing fans and cleaning them with an anti-static brush would shift more dust.

That said, I have no anti-static brushes at hand.

Voddas said:
I need to give my PC a good cleaning. Just been to lazy getting some compressed air. Ckleaned the fans by hand the other week. Man they were filthy. ¬_¬

I need to do this too at some point, lol. I'm also using your method of compressed air :p

Voddas said:
Fans are best by hand but I find when cleaning your Graphics Card, motherboard etc, compressed air works a treat.

Take it from a trained hand....compressed air is not the way forward. It only blows everything round inside....not the best, I advise using a anti static brush or simply blow the air out.

The air cans are for people who like to lok the part but can't walk the walk ;)

Anyway, ****** day....spent the last 20mins on the phone to one person trying to sort something out because somebody tried to fill my shoes last tuesday during the move and only ended up causing a huge path of mess for me to clear up......oh and the trust have taken away 50% of the bins in the offices......there's 4 bins in my office.....they've taken 3 away....well done trust

I use compressed air. Blowing on expensive electronics is not a good idea, and if your computer comes apart well and you aim properly you can blast the dust out in seconds.

R

I use these
246LLP9063_Round_Pastry_Brush.jpg

oddly enough it's the very same one I use

Tachi- said:
Voddas said:
Fans are best by hand but I find when cleaning your Graphics Card, motherboard etc, compressed air works a treat.

Take it from a trained hand....compressed air is not the way forward. It only blows everything round inside....not the best, I advise using a anti static brush or simply blow the air out.

The air cans are for people who like to lok the part but can't walk the walk ;)
Like Rui mentioned, I don't just blow air into my tower. I take it apart first then spray otherwise, as you said, it would just simply settle else where defeating the object. :p

I'm asleep myself as well... I'm not so young anymore, that I can miss sleeping time without paying a price. Getting old sucks :S

Anyway, cool week ahead, have physiotherapy Thursday, then Rv Horton Heat gig, then more hypnotherapy at Friday - guy's a student and needs to guinea p... test patients to complete his degree, so I get this for free! I hope this makes me less weird, but I doubt it will work =)

Then, I'm off planning my easter holidays! =D

I just use a vaccum cleaner and suck that dust out.

also a brush for painting down ther back of radiators is good for getting into those hard to reach places like the front fans.

chaos said:
Anyway, cool week ahead, have physiotherapy Thursday, then Rv Horton Heat gig, then more hypnotherapy at Friday - guy's a student and needs to guinea p... test patients to complete his degree, so I get this for free! I hope this makes me less weird, but I doubt it will work =)
Your mind may be clearer, but you may lose a part of you that you may never regain, Nyan. *Scratches behind ear* :p

Hey all.
Well, the spring sales are starting up, as I have had the Play.com newsletter e-mail proclaiming their start. And now it's gotten me thinking about finally updating my old one. The worst things about my current one is that it's awkward to get new tunes onto it (especially polyphonic ones), and the battery life is terrible (recharging every day and a half). It is a very old one though, so give it some due for lasting this long.

Anyways, I've just been looking at their sale at Play.com and also been looking at Argos as I can get a discount on it. But what would you go for in my position?: Someone who doesn't use it much to call people, likes listening to music (saves buying new MP3 players), easy to use, and may take the odd picture if interesting.

The options are:
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/9 ... oduct.html
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 419104.htm

(Best copy/paste last link, as it breaks for some reason)

This isn't a definate purchase, as I may still need to save up for car insurance etc. But it would be nice to get some opinions.

Soubi-Hurt said:

also a brush for painting down ther back of radiators is good for getting into those hard to reach places like the front fans.
Hoover Vs. Pc = BAD!

Morning all. :thumb:

Voddas said:
Soubi-Hurt said:

Hoover Vs. Pc = BAD!

Morning all. :thumb:
Yeah, just think how powerful a vacum cleaner is (even the cheap ones) and then compare it to any loose bits that may be inprotant. Plus who-knows-what-else it may actually do to it (like knocking it and damaging something).

Back