The General Conversation Area

@Black - See I have to admit, Robin Hood was the first person that came to mind when I found out that all the Servants are figures from history or legend, but I dismissed the idea, as Archer appear to be anything like Robin Hood. But then I couldn't think of anyone else he could be...
Still you wouldn't have thought that Saber could be the person she is...I'm still waiting to find out how that was possible!
I'm expecting a big shock now, when I find out who Archer is!
Have you read any of the Fate/Stay Night manga? I understand it follows the story path not really covered too much by the anime, and I was wondering if its worth a read?
As to the Bleach dub - I nearly gave up on it too, as I wanted to skip over the bount arc (yawn). Of all the dubbed shows I've watched I have to admit I think this one is pretty good, and now I've got to know each of the characters with their American voices, and it's just weird when I try to watch it in Japanese, so I ended up sticking it out and continuing with the dub. Now we're onto the Arrancar arc and it's really picked up again, so I'm glad I stuck with it :)
btw what is a gundam unicorn? :D

@Ayase - I've heard of YKK - I think from someone's blog and it looked like something I would enjoy, but so far I've had no luck finding it - but I think I'll have another look around, if you think it'd be a good replacement :) thanks!
How's the book shop going?

hmm i don't know about that Ayase :p the only show to do a mirror universe well was Star Trek...and prehaps Transformers but that's debatable. I would like tomino to give us a Crossbone Gundam anime, or at a long shot a true F91 how it would of been if it was a full anime instead of a 2 hour movie. Failing that i want more Turn A Gundam

EDIT:

@Panda, Gundam Unicorn is set in the Universal Century timeline of the gundam franchise, set a few years after the Char's Counterattack movie.

I've read the first two volumes of the manga, i really need to get the third, it covers more of the Unlimted Blade Works scenario then the anime does so if you keep reading that it will tell you who archer is. Admittedly the anime won't tell you point blank who he is but it does give hints (some more subtle then others)

As for Saber...It's said that the king arthur legends are based on what she does as Arthuria (or however her real name is said) the only reason king arthur became a guy is because she acted so un-girl lilke that you probably wouldn't know any better.

Last edited by a moderator:
GAH! You all wrote too much for me to read! TT_TT

Work is just busy not stop these days so very lucky to get on for a hello.

Hello Ayase, Black and Panda! (order of appearance). :D
Glad everyone seems to be doing well.

@Black: Noticed your new drawings but haven't been able to look properly. Wil do when I have time tho. ;)

Shop is going pretty well Panda, the general trend in takings is upwards, so that's the important thing. ;)

Which Star Trek was set in a Parallel Universe Black? Other than TNG I never followed them much but I thought they were all in the same timeline...

I would love to see F91 as a series as I think it showed real promise. I can understand people's problems with it but I liked the characters and the conflict itself (between two flawed ideologies as opposed to one good and one obviously evil). I still think it's one of the more original Gundams. I know very little about Unicorn other than that Mineva is in it, which hopefully might prove interesting. I don't know if I'm better reading the manga first or waiting for the anime now...

BlackWolf said:
As for Saber...It's said that the king arthur legends are based on what she does as Arthuria (or however her real name is said) the only reason king arthur became a guy is because she acted so un-girl lilke that you probably wouldn't know any better.

funny i was thinking they where just siblings, since well..if anything wheres Merlin *tsk tsk* type-moon

@Panda i've edited my above post with information about Saber :)

Hi mono :) how are you today?

@Ayase The mirror universe in star trek was first in the original series an then in Deep Space Nine. F91's problem was that it had little time to develop improtant events (like the crossbone vanguard traitor who got killed minutes after siding with the EF) although i still love the F91 mech designs *holds Master Grade 1/100 F91 model* and the F91 is a pretty good suit to use in dynasty warriors gundam 2.

@Voddas don't sweat it :p just take a look when you're able to

Afternoon Mono! :)

I thought all the Star Treks fell in the same Universe. If any, I'd say Enterprise was the odd one out. I say this, only because it was my least favourate Trek series. ¬_¬

EDIT: After readings Blacks post, I didn't know series 1 of DS9 was the odd one out. I loved that seeries too... I mean I still love it.

I'm good thanks mono :)

@Voddas there is certain episodes that take place in the mirror universe (also where the fad of having evil dopplegangers with facial hair originated) The mirror universe is very evil you see.

@Otaku, nope she's the real thing :p

Ah, I vaguely remember a DS9 Episode where they were living in the 1950's or something... is that what you mean? I meant something more like the same universe but events altered the course of history, such as Zeon winning the One Year War or someone major like Char or Amuro being killed early on - Or even a minor character who caused or prevented a key event from taking place.

I'm trying my hardest not to get into Gundam kit collecting... it would prove fatal to my wallet. :p

Hey Mono. :)

Hi Mono, Otaku and Voddas, how's things? :)
@Black - that information about Saber was very helpful thanks, makes more sense now! Just of to have a look at the new stuff on your art thread :)
@Ayase - glad things are well with the shop, hope it keeps up for you

As to the Star Trek thing - it was only a few episodes of DS9 that were set in the mirror universe - certain characters from the main universe were able to cross over somehow - I can't remember how tho...

Nope that was just a sort of flash back episode ayase :p although your gundam idea is sort of like what Tomino already did which some gundam novels he put out a long time ago where amuro was actually killed shortly after he had killed char Besides personally i'm quite happy with AUs especially with Gundam 00, leagues above Gundam SEED, and a finale where the main mechs aren't indstructible super robots (take that SEED Destiny)

@Panda: I'm fine a suppose but a little gutted. My car was vandalized on Saturday night.... Smashed the wing mirrors off. Not just my car like. Others in the street too. What p!sses me off the most is that this happend last month and I just paid out £160 to have it fixed. Now it was all for nothing but a few days of rear view action.
If only I knew who it was. Then I'd be the one in trouble. :evil:

@Voddas - aw, that sucks, especially it being the second time its happened, so soon. I know how you feel, wanting to know who did it - when stuff like that happens to me, I feel the need to grab a pool cue and go teach someone some manners... :twisted:

I was thinking more like a chainsaw or a Doruku-chan club. :twisted:

EDIT: I've been meaning to ask Otaku... what the hell is going on in that avatar. Sakura looks drunk. lol

I'll fix your wing mirrors for £50 Voddas :p

That really sucks though, I'm sorry to hear that. Vandalism is one of those crimes which is completely unjustifiable (unless it's security cameras in public places, or clever and / or amusing graffiti). It just pisses people off and costs them money, and results in no gain whatsoever for the perpetrator. Unless of course they are wing mirror repair men. Wait a second...

Back