The General Conversation Area

Hi Mono & Panda. Hope all's well with you both :)

The original X Men cartoon was great. I probably have that version of Rogue to blame for any uh, perversions of the animated kind I might possibly suffer from.

I notice it's just been released on DVD too. Might have to buy that... my Amazon Prime trial is making it even more tempting.

Afternoon all.

I was indeed talking about the 94 series :D
i grew up on that along with other shows :p

hmmm this week is packed.
tonight i've got to get home and get sorted, go round my mate hazels and then onto bens house, a 16gig ipod touch for £100. them two will trade, and i'll sit playing monster hunter freedom 2 round bens till god knows what time.

then tomorrow i'm getting home, getting changed, going round sams and giving him his birthday card (for today) and then going into town to take advantage of the £1 beers :p

then friday i'm going to be rough....but able for work....and friday back out but with even more people :thumb:

anyhow not sure if anybody else has noticed, but HMV have bitsize copys of Neo for free. basically noting reviews on latest released anime and video games so i saw for major content. I picked up a copy from my local chain the other day in the anime section

Otaku-san said:
anyhow not sure if anybody else has noticed, but HMV have bitsize copys of Neo for free. basically noting reviews on latest released anime and video games so i saw for major content. I picked up a copy from my local chain the other day in the anime section
Oh, really? that's interesting. I'll try to check it out.

Otaku-san said:

*plans to go to HMV at lunch*

lol

well it's very insightful, and noticing relaeses of Negima!? spring & summer plus Ouran host club from ME, shows the variation that they are now licensing. rather then it being based around...how can i say this?..GiTS/Appleseed genre. I would say mech, but thats more beez territory :p

I'm not really here, more like a ghost really...

Working my butt off as per the norm now so missing being able to spend more time on AUKN. Also, due to the decorating of my 2 bed mansion, my anime watched has greatly reduced as of late. It sucks.

I had a 10 anime episode binge before bed last night mind, to make me feel better. ^_^

Hey Voddas, anyone else who happens to be around. :p

I'm just enjoying a lull after a particularly good morning. Brrr. How can it be so sunny yet so cold? I've started watching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and have finally taken up V Gundam again (it's only been what, six months or so?)

Hey Voddas :p surprised you could still find you way here :lol:

I kid i kid, new work up in my art thread if you haven't already looked and maybe there will be some more tomorrow (no promises :wink: )

now back to Turn A Gundam...

Hi everyone ^_^
How's things?
I've just had a great weekend binging on anime - finally back on with watching Fate/Stay Night (can't believe who Saber is!), caught up with (dubbed) Bleach (ah, now I know what Arrancars are!) and now I'm up-to-date with all the currently airing series I'm watching (Eden of the East - wow, K-ON - cute!).
Also finished watching Aria and I'm missing it already, so I'm looking for a replacement if anyone has any recommendations for me in the slice of life/iyashikei genre. Basically the less that happens each episode, the better! I'm looking something tranquil, melancholy, wistful, peaceful - you know that kind of thing :) if anyone has any ideas.
By the way - does anyone else get that sad, kind of empty feeling when they finish a series they've really enjoyed? I get it all the time and I now find myself putting off finishing a series I really like, just so that I don't feel all depressed afterwards. Or is it just me...?

Hi panda how are you?

Yeah i get that, and i get the feeling i'll get it again once i finish Turn A Gundam and once i finish the last Kara no Kyoukai movie. Good to see you're getting on with Fate Stay, if you're shocked by who Saber is wait till you find out who Archer is :p (hint: its not robin hood)

I gave up on the bleach dub right before ichigo mastered bankai, went straight onto the manga and i'm glad i did in some repsects, the story has gotten tense but it does lack something the earlier part of the series had.

I hope to catch up on Asura Cryin after a few weeks delay, that's really the only one i'm watching this season.

...i take it i'm the only one here excited by news of a gundam unicorn production in the winter :p

Hey Panda, long time no see. :)

Aria... now then, I'd like to see that - I've been told it's similar to Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, my favourite manga of all time. It's a slice of life too, and probably fits the bill if you're looking for something else in that vein. It's only available as scanlated manga and fansubbed anime (4 OVA's) but is one of those series I try to get as many people as possible to read as it really does deserve to reach a wider audience.

And Black, I'm pretty excited at the prospect of any new UC Gundam. Though I had an idea I thought might be good the other day: Parallel Universe UC with the same characters but where things worked out differently... Perhaps I'll write to Tomino and offer it to him. :p

Back