The General Conversation Area

@ Tach - One of us! One of us! :twisted:

I'm just waiting for them to start on the other religions too, then I'll be willing to don a Guy Fawkes mask.

The 25th of May is also "Towel Day" in celebration of Douglas Adams, as well as "Nerd Pride Day", apparently.

ayase said:
The 25th of May is also "Towel Day" in celebration of Douglas Adams, as well as "Nerd Pride Day", apparently.

I'd ask how you know that.....but i daren't :p

ayase said:
I'm just waiting for them to start on the other religions too, then I'll be willing to don a Guy Fawkes mask.

hell your not the only one. i'm all for shutting all the religions down. stop the sheep from using it as an excuse for wars and terrorism.

it's pretty outstanding that the FBI can't do a thing about it :lol:

Tachi- said:
hell your not the only one. i'm all for shutting all the religions down. stop the sheep from using it as an excuse for wars and terrorism.

see i wouldn't go that far, while scientology is pretty stupid, people have a right to their beliefs i think we should just seperate reglion from politics thus reglion can never be used as a war. Although that just means they'll have to justify war for the normal reasons (i.e. "I want your land" , "I don't like you", "You attacked us first!")

Tachi- said:
ayase said:

I didn't think Wikipedia was all that scary...

@ Black - I think everyone has a right to their beliefs, but I don't think anyone has the right to special treatment because of their beliefs or to try and enforce their beliefs on anyone else. Monks are my ideal religious people. They have their beliefs but they keep them to themselves and leave everyone else alone.

ayase said:
Tachi- said:
ayase said:

I didn't think Wikipedia was all that scary...

lol ahh thats okay then :p

quote="BlackWolf"]
Tachi- said:

see i wouldn't go that far, while scientology is pretty stupid, people have a right to their beliefs i think we should just seperate reglion from politics thus reglion can never be used as a war. Although that just means they'll have to justify war for the normal reasons (i.e. "I want your land" , "I don't like you", "You attacked us first!")[/quote]

Thats correct....but we have the UN who are meant to regulate reasons for wars....the same UN who cannot fire upon a person shooting at them unless a bullet actually hits one of them.

although 4chan has a bad reputation i actually agree with Anonymous....through its actions...a peado has been arrested, and that timmy kid who beat cats was tracked down and arrested.
they have taken things abit too far before....but the link ayase posted was funny :p

i just have a headache now.... =/

your last post confuses me tachi...but with regards of 4chan they are capable of good but then they are also capable of being downright evil, driving people to suicide? that's just not right.

@Ayase i was aware it was towel day, i found out about it a couple of years back on the university intranet, only thing i can say about it though is, so long and thanks for all the fish ;)

EDIT: almost forgot :p Art Thread has been updated, go and look...please?

I see your point, but I don't imagine it's the same people on 4chan who drive people to suicide and save abused animals Black. :p

It's the same as any cross section of society you could take, there are some nasty people and some decent people - I think the whole "anon" thing just makes everything they do more extreme, good or bad.

Now I'll go have a look at your artwork.

hah lol i just meant the site as a whole :p although it wouldn't surprise me if people existed in the world that were kind and gentle to animals but then killed people without batting an eyelid, not related i know but what are you going to do?

Funnily enough though i was having a similar conversation yesterday with a friend since he was demonising the whole north east making them all look like people who would kill you for a cigertte.

What a terrible mis-representation. It would have to be at least a whole pack of cigarettes. And even then, GBH at the most. ;)

lol and yesterday i was talking about philisophical issues with my mate.....so all in all we all had a weird bank holiday then black :p

Tachi- said:
lol and yesterday i was talking about philisophical issues with my mate.....so all in all we all had a weird bank holiday then black :p

I can't imagine they were very in-depth considering you can't even spell the word 'philosophical' correctly :p

CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

I can't imagine they were very in-depth considering you can't even spell the word 'philosophical' correctly :p

Apologies for the i instead of the o....their right next to each other and easy to accidentally press whilst working. but i'm sure you already knew that, as nothing gets past you CG ;P

Morning Black, Tach if you're about. :p

God am I tired. Drinking Black coffee to keep myself on my feet.

My sister is away for a couple of days and I have to go and feed her cats, so she dropped her keys in to me at the shop. I walked home last night and forgot all about it and forgot the keys, so had to walk all the way back to the shop, then to my sisters, then home again...

Bizarrely up and down Black. But the general trend is up, and that's the main thing. I can have two average days, one amazing day then three awful days. I think the weather plays a part, but I'm beginning to see what other shopkeepers mean when they say you might as well go on holiday in January and February! When it's quiet here, it is quiet.

Fingers crossed for this summer heatwave they're promising us. :)

How are you doing anyway?

Hey Black, Ayase and Ryo.

i still say you should sell drinks too, and have beanbags. or a few chairs and tables outside, hire a woman and have it as a bookstore come cafe, especially when the heatwaves hit. people will love to sit with a drink and a good book, also bought from your store :p see where i'm going with this? :)

oh and on the cat food front. sod the walking up and down. get said cat food, and can opener. push through letter box with a slip of paper with diagrams on how the cat can open the can ;)
just kidding (before some tight **** starts getting serious)

anyome played the new xmen game? or seen the film for that matter?

Back