The General Conversation Area

Mutsumi said:
Wow, congrats dude! Good luck with your new role. :)
Thanks

Tachi- said:
Congratz Chaos, Guess your not complaining about all those times they made you work crazy hours now huh? :p
Thanks, and of course I complain!!! The promotion didn't had a raise attached to it, just a bunch of new responsabilities. But I guess one have to get these new responsabilities and make the most out of them before being able to ask for a raise.

Voddas said:
Keep it up chaos. Manage those Projects like there's no tomorrow!
And there's definitely no tomorrow, as my application is going to be retired by EOY... =P It also makes me wonder why I've got the promotion in the first place... =P

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
Congratz Chaos, Guess your not complaining about all those times they made you work crazy hours now huh? :p
Thanks, and of course I complain!!! The promotion didn't had a raise attached to it, just a bunch of new responsabilities. But I guess one have to get these new responsabilities and make the most out of them before being able to ask for a raise.

Hang on, so its one of my sort of promotions then? The one where your given more and more work to deal with.....but the money stays the same.....ahh.....in which case, i implore you to complain more! :p

Only 45(ish) mins to go....can't wait.

chaos said:
Voddas said:
And there's definitely no tomorrow, as my application is going to be retired by EOY... =P It also makes me wonder why I've got the promotion in the first place... =P
Wait! What?!! No Tomorrow?!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHH"£^&#'*&£$#!"$^£*&#(&()%^&($£^$£*^&@*!!!!!!!!!

Tachi- said:
Hang on, so its one of my sort of promotions then? The one where your given more and more work to deal with.....but the money stays the same.....ahh.....in which case, i implore you to complain more! :p
Yeah, it's that sort of promotion =) Anyway, don't worry, I'll complain to my hearts content ;)

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
Yeah, it's that sort of promotion =) Anyway, don't worry, I'll complain to my hearts content ;)

*Salutes*

Good working soldier, keep it up.

Listening to abit of Guns and roses to see the end of the working day....Monday's as good as over, the first hurdle is over. Just tomorrow to go and then its onwards to easy St. and to the weekend ^_^

Voddas said:
chaos said:
Voddas said:
Wait! What?!! No Tomorrow?!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHH"£^&#'*&£$#!"$^£*&#(&()%^&($£^$£*^&@*!!!!!!!!!

I knew this was going to happen....

Now i'll NEVER be able to get that strawberry marshmellow boxset
:cry: :cry: Wooooh the end is nigh :cry: :cry:

Morning.....been doing abit of reading this morning.

First thing that came to mind was to read about Charles bronson, After i sat reading about him in one of his books whilst i browsed WH Smith at the weekend. Through reading about him on Wiki, he calls Luton home....That lead me onto reading about Luton, Living here for almost 3/4 of my life I've taken to call it home too.

Whilst reading about Luton, most of the history i already know. However reading something made me very proud of Luton;

Wiki said:
King John (1166-1216) had hired a mercenary soldier, Falkes de Breauté, to act on his behalf. (Breauté is a small town near Le Havre in France.) When he married, Falkes de Breauté acquired his wife's house which came to be known as "Fawkes Hall", subsequently corrupted over the years to "Foxhall", then "Vauxhall". In return for his services, King John granted Falkes the manor of Luton. He was also granted the right to bear his own coat of arms and chose the mythical griffin as his heraldic emblem. The griffin thus became associated with both Vauxhall and Luton in the early 13th century

Followed by:
Wiki said:
In 1905, Vauxhall Motors opened the largest car plant in the United Kingdom in Luton. Electrolux built a household appliances plant which was followed by other light engineering businesses.

So anyone who drives a vauxhall car has a french/Lutonian to thank for it :p

Wiki said:
In the late 1960s a large part of the town centre was cleared to build a large covered shopping centre, the Arndale Centre, which was opened in 1972.[23], becoming the first shopping mall in Europe. It was refurbished and given a glass roof in the 1990s.

:O IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

chaos said:
interesting =) a funny how some places carry such interesting historical facts, little known to the general population.

BTW - good morning
:?:

Yeah i know what you mean. a couple of years ago Luton was "voted" worst town in england....nice to know that one man can write and publish a book based on his own opinions and its classed as proof.

Luton is a nice (enough) place, biggest town centre/shopping centre in the county. Locals (including neighbouring counties) would agree that the only other place thats as big/bigger than the shopping centre is Milton keynes.

looks like i'm fighting off round 2 of this throat infection.....its coming back and trying its hardest, luckily i have antibiotics at home that'll make short work of it (saves time and money from going to the doctors for the meds) Really buzzing today, would love to be in th gym right now. Work just isn't doing it for me.

Morning Tachi and chaos. I see your taking History today. :p

Did you know that Griffins were believed to have been enspired by the fossil remains of a dinosaur? Some king of four legged beaked dinosaur that was discovered. They reckon some accient civilisation found them and believed they were of some godly creature known as the king of beats. Earliest records of Griffins date back to pre2000BC.

Just thought I'd lay down some intresting chatter while you were at it Tach. :p

I feel for you mate. How long did they say it would take?

*looks at time*

Sheeeet! Gotta run off to lunch. I'll read your reply upon my return Black. Laters. =P

Back