The General Conversation Area

Maxon said:
OK thanks, guys. I plan to set up a dual-boot and play around with it and see how it compares to XP.

To be honest with you, it doens't really compare. It's a completely different ball game, so I believe you can only say how you like / hate it after a while.

The good things of Linux is its stability and security. There are few and reasonably difficult to get viruses. You won't need to reformat and re-install linux every so often because you're computer is getting slower by the day. It is pretty reliable (I had a server runing for several years without having to reboot it not even once!).

Maxon said:
chaos said:
Also, bear in mind the usage you will have for it. My main goal to run linux is to have if runing as a server or for development purposes, which requires a whole bunch of different things from someone who wants to run it as a desktop.
Well I plan to use it as a desktop if I choose to switch to it, and only use Windows for gaming if I choose to do so. Everything else would be done through Linux: watching anime, internet, word processing, etc.

That's exactly what i'm doing with my dual-boot, and i'm dual booting Ubuntu.

OT: Just watched the Hot Springs episode of Outlaw Star where you get to see Aisha's bewb0rz
jawdrop2.gif

Voddas said:
Chun Li said:
OT: Just watched the Hot Springs episode of Outlaw Star where you get to see Aisha's bewb0rz
jawdrop2.gif
Classic. =D I think there's some kind of record for nose bleeds in that episode.
:lol:

:lol: Yeah. The old man had like, well, quite a few.

Damn I love this show lol.

Now, onwards to episode 24!

Seen Clannad about 2 years ago and have After Story in my collection but never got round to watching it. There's always been something else. Would you need a recap of the first series before seeing the second? Hmmm?

Voddas said:
Seen Clannad about 2 years ago and have After Story in my collection but never got round to watching it. There's always been something else. Would you need a recap of the first series before seeing the second? Hmmm?
It depends on how much you remember, really. After Story takes place very shortly after the first season.

Maxon said:
Voddas said:
It depends on how much you remember, really. After Story takes place very shortly after the first season.
I assumed it would follow on but it's been two years since I watched it so I only remember the jist... romance, invisible star girl, gardening and the Danko Family. That's about it. :S

Oh yeah, and the alternate reality girl and bits and bobs robot thing. :p

Edit: Guess you couldn't wait to get to the end of Outlaw then Spyro? :p

Hi guys, tachi here

Hows everyone? Ive spent too much money already lol, i blame the other half ;)
Bought dbz raging blast :D going to the pub now so i guess ill catch upto you lot tomorrow,

Till then, work hard at work voddas ;]

Dango indeed.

I tried to make a pancake today. Alas, using garlic-infused sesame oil did not prove to be a palatable substitute for the vegetable oil I lacked.

Morning People,
I over did it with the pancakes last night. Ended up eating about eight. Seemed like a good idea at the time but my stomach was a bit unsure by the time I went to bed. I just thought "Hell, it's only once a year". Anyway, feeling fine this morning and ready for work (as ready as I ever am).
Tachi said:
Till then, work hard at work voddas ;]
I do what I can. :roll:

chaos said:
Morning people. how's pancake day for you all?

... Pancake day was yesterday man, not today. Shrove tuesday n all.

It was fine though - I had 3 pancakes which were all successfully made unlike Zin's (lol) ;)

Now off to watch some Waaaan Pisu!
luffy.gif

I'm just on the Sanji arc at last
Luffy_Chases_Hat_Emoticon_by_animeg.gif

But yar, looks like a big fight is gonna kick off
Luffy_VS_Emoticon_by_Normero.gif

(Sorry, Wan Pisu emoticon abuse there).

Morning.

I forgot about it. It's not like I'm any good at making pancakes anyway...

Those Dangos remind me of Bits and Bots from Zelda II. As such I have a slight compulsion to stab them... is that bad?

You can get edible Dango's on sharp sticks if that makes you feel better. lol

I only ever have pancakes on Pancake Tuesday so I have to learn how to make them every year. Heh. It always works out though. The need for pancakes is greater than my learning curve.
:p

Back