The General Conversation Area

Hah i enter and tachi leaves :p

Spyro, programming sounds like you would have more fun with it then that other stuff. Just do yourself a favour and stick to general computer programming then games orientated programming.

BlackWolf said:
Hah i enter and tachi leaves :p

Spyro, programming sounds like you would have more fun with it then that other stuff. Just do yourself a favour and stick to general computer programming then games orientated programming.
Can't you do any sort of training to switch?

Well that's what i'm doing at the moment, i mean generally speaking its a lot of the same thing, as both types use the same languages, but what i meant was stick to general programming jobs, the games industry itself is kinda cut throat, the uk alone may seem to have a good industry but there is limited jobs there, and it seems year after year that more people want a job in it, and each of them disallusioned with how easy it would be. I mean i wonder how many kids who want to program games actually know what happens at "crunch time"

BlackWolf said:
Well that's what i'm doing at the moment, i mean generally speaking its a lot of the same thing, as both types use the same languages, but what i meant was stick to general programming jobs, the games industry itself is kinda cut throat, the uk alone may seem to have a good industry but there is limited jobs there, and it seems year after year that more people want a job in it, and each of them disallusioned with how easy it would be. I mean i wonder how many kids who want to program games actually know what happens at "crunch time"
Tachi- said:
e jobs as well in the past, but competition is tough and compensation small. It seems like a fun job though.

Tachi- said:
Fear not black....im here..and now im going to the doctors..... Bye again :p
good luck

That's true chaos, it can be fun, and i've heard from one guy i went to uni with who actually got a game, he had created the concept for and a lot of the design work, onto shop shelves, that it can be quite uplifting to see something you laboured on for sale. Of course bad reviews may kill that feeling :p but i guess that's just the nature of things, you just have to keep going.

Tachi- said:
Chun Li said:
Tachi- said:
On the fone to spyro.

Wow bro that was like, 40 minutes. Sorry again for your minutes, I wasn't watching the clock lol.

Was good to catch up though :)

No problems, the docs said i had to talk more as it might help dislodge the infection from my throat.

8) Win then bro.

Im checking out the stuff you told me to, but I cant find where you can go to do the CompTIA A+ stuff. That Computer Maintenance course sounds easy, which is cool, but, 100% attendance required =/

*streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettch*

Ahhh... morning people! It's Friday at last and we can feel the breath of the weekend on hour worn out face. I've been looking forward to it too. No work makes Voddas a happy boy.

^___^

Why are you in work? I'd be home and getting personal with my sofa... well, maybe not me actually. If I take anymore sick leave in the next 12 months, I think they're gonna declare me dead!! O_O

Their so harsh. T_T

Voddas said:
Why are you in work? I'd be home and getting personal with my sofa... well, maybe not me actually. If I take anymore sick leave in the next 12 months, I think they're gonna declare me dead!! O_O

Their so harsh. T_T

I'll be off home shortly.....just need to finish off this work.

I think they call it dedication......but saying that, there's a faint line between dedication and being a complete idiot....:p

the real reason is, my mum made me go to work because he said i looked alright......i look like this right now:
death_warmed_up_mousepad-p144810136863225844td22_210.jpg

Back