The General Conversation Area

ahh yeah, cough medicine…..with a red bull in it :p (if only it was proper redbull in it I would drink it without a problem lol) watched disc 3 of season 1 of DBZ lastnight…brings back memories :)

WRT the trust party.....
“The dress code for the party is smart casual – definitely no jeans or trainers”

I thought smart casual meant that jeans where okay with a pair of shoes….. If jeans aren’t allowed then isn’t it just formal attire?
Bunch of idiots ¬_¬

Tachi- said:
I thought smart casual meant that jeans where okay with a pair of shoes….. If jeans aren’t allowed then isn’t it just formal attire?
Bunch of idiots ¬_¬
It's not well defined. changes according to whoever you ask, but in sometimes it does means jeans, but no trainers. Anyway, the only thing that really annoys me is a tie. As long as I don't have to wear one, I'm good =)

Afternoon.

Apologies to any and all for my lack of activity / replies to messages but I'll get on the case tomorrow. And get well soon Tach.

Tachi- said:
Bunch of idiots ¬_¬
Wear smart trousers with a t-shirt. ;)

Tachi- said:
WRT the trust party.....
“The dress code for the party is smart casual – definitely no jeans or trainers”

Bunch of idiots ¬_¬

That's my college uniform, except it has to be black/white/grey too ;) :p

Sucks balls eh bro.

Tachi- said:
ahh yeah, cough medicine…..with a red bull in it :p (if only it was proper redbull in it I would drink it without a problem lol) watched disc 3 of season 1 of DBZ lastnight…brings back memories :)

WRT the trust party.....

Bunch of idiots ¬_¬

Get well soon Tachi.

With regards to smart casual Wikipedia says it can include jeans but does not have to,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_casual

What kind of sixth form college has a uniform!? (except those fancy private ones... I'm sorry if you go to a fancy private one Sp... Chun Li. I am truly sorry, I've heard about what goes on in those places...) ;)

ayase said:
What kind of sixth form college has a uniform!? (except those fancy private ones... I'm sorry if you go to a fancy private one Sp... Chun Li. I am truly sorry, I've heard about what goes on in those places...) ;)

Nah bro, I don't go to a fancy private one. Our uniform here aint as bad as my old schools sixth form college mind.

Still undecided as to whether I should drop out. I'm tempted to look for college course in IT.

I was thinking along the same lines as Ayase, I'm turning up in black work trousers, my work shoes and a t shirt with "drugs, sex and sausage rolls" on it.

See them complain about that :p

Thanks for all the get wells guys, I'm hoping that by the weekend it'll have passed.....hopefully i'll have no work tomorrow duee to it :)

Spyro, whats the fascination with IT? :p Your aspiring to be a lawyer yet you keep going back to IT as if it'd get you a better job lol, trust me....it probably won't. I'm studying it because it comes second nature to me....and believe me its not as simple as "if you can build a PC then you'll pass" Do you know about SATA cables, where they plug into the pc, what they plug into, what they do or what SCSI is? Changing binary into hexidecimals?

Its not as easy as you might think...

That's the first I've ever heard of a state run college having a uniform, by the time you get to that age you should be able to wear what you want... and yes, I do take this as far as the business world too. If you're doing your job well, your appearance shouldn't matter. It's about nothing but prejudices and judging people on appearance; The outdated remnants of an old society which needs to be dragged out to the shed ASAP.

Vote Ayase and Make Every Day Casual Friday!

Tachi- said:
Spyro, whats the fascination with IT? :p Your aspiring to be a lawyer yet you keep going back to IT as if it'd get you a better job lol, trust me....it probably won't. I'm studying it because it comes second nature to me....and believe me its not as simple as "if you can build a PC then you'll pass" Do you know about SATA cables, where they plug into the pc, what they plug into, what they do or what SCSI is? Changing binary into hexidecimals?

I know bits about SATA cables and where the plug into, cause my Disc drive and hard drive use SATA. Can't tell you specifics, but that's why i've not studied IT yet.

Thing is, Law is just losing with me. I'm not finding it incredibly interesting, and I really do love IT. I'm not going for a job here, i'm going for what makes me feel like i've learnt something. IT fascinates me on levels, and I want a better grasp and understanding of it. That's why i'd like to study IT.

And trust me, I can understand it wont be simple. That's just one of like 3-4 interests I have that i'd like to pursue...

And now for me to watch the new Bleach episode from yesterday with some Chicken noodles 8)

Damn I hope these chicken noodles dont taste as shite as the others i've had. Damn why did we run outta Curry...

ayase said:
That's the first I've ever heard of a state run college having a uniform, by the time you get to that age you should be able to wear what you want... and yes, I do take this as far as the business world too. If you're doing your job well, your appearance shouldn't matter. It's about nothing but prejudices and judging people on appearance; The outdated remnants of an old society which needs to be dragged out to the shed ASAP.
I've received a globalwide email recently re-enforcing that the company dress code did not include slipers and jeans. It's sad, but truth is that most business will just keep those dress codes because for some stupid people, appearance does means credibility :(

I remember that a while ago there were gangs back home doing raids on buildings with security guards by simply showing up in Armani suits.
Because the guys were smartly dressed, those security guards would let them get close enough to them to pull a gun to their head. talk about credibility :/

Chun Li said:
Tachi- said:

I know bits about SATA cables and where the plug into, cause my Disc drive and hard drive use SATA. Can't tell you specifics, but that's why i've not studied IT yet.

Thing is, Law is just losing with me. I'm not finding it incredibly interesting, and I really do love IT. I'm not going for a job here, i'm going for what makes me feel like i've learnt something. IT fascinates me on levels, and I want a better grasp and understanding of it. That's why i'd like to study IT.

And trust me, I can understand it wont be simple. That's just one of like 3-4 interests I have that i'd like to pursue...
That only if you'd like to stay in the infrastructure part of IT (which IMHO is the most boring bit, along with SysAdmin and DBA work).
If you go to programming there's a load more interesting stuff to see / work with. The sad bit is that in most places, the more Sr you become, the less involved with actual IT you get and more involved with management. (there are exceptions to this rule though, but I only know very few)
In my company my rough estimate is about 1 engineer to every 5 managers no the top tiers of the organogram.

chaos said:
I've received a globalwide email recently re-enforcing that the company dress code did not include slipers and jeans. It's sad, but truth is that most business will just keep those dress codes because for some stupid people, appearance does means credibility :(
You have to think... something happened to make them send that e-mail.

Kudos to the guy who wore slippers to work (wasn't you was it chaos?) ;)

ayase said:
chaos said:
You have to think... something happened to make them send that e-mail.

Kudos to the guy who wore slippers to work (wasn't you was it chaos?) ;)
Nope. I walk barefooted.

Chaos is right....i used to work in the IT Dept for bedfordshires NHS trust. there's only 6 technicians then several managers above that, loads of PC based techy's and software support.

Go through the Cisco pathway course and you'll probably have a more hands on role. You'll be a networker though. so playing with servers and auditing telephone numbers and wires within buildings. (i've done it.....going under hundreds of tables to get a stupid code number)

Back