The General Conversation Area

Morning all,

If i didn't speak to over the weekend, then simply put, this is how my weekend went;

Friday i left the office and stood for an hour in the cold and snow waiting for a bus home. finally got in at half 6 ¬_¬ and decided to push mine and kayls meet up time from 7pm to 8 so i have time to chill (or rather play abit of bayonetta) Then at 8 we went to pizza express, had a great meal and our friends where there so once they'd finished their pizza they both came across to have a talk and a laugh. both couples (us an them) are going to brighton for a week, commencing the 15th of feb. So we had a chat about that and then they went off home and me and kayls went back to hers and watched tv for abit. i made her youngest sister so shy and awkward by running around after her trying to catch and hug her :p. She's only 13 so is small and shy about boys and still in the "cute" bracket lol.

Then everyone in her family went to bed and me and kayls sat watching observe and report (kinda funny film. of the same humour as seth rogans other films) then paranormal activity going on 3am..... now scary movies don't phase me in the slightest now a days, but that film had the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end, kayls didn't want to watch it halfway through because it scared her but i wanted to see the ending....Its a good film but freaky as hell and when you get in at 4am (near enough) and your house is dark and quiet and all you can hear is footsteps and heavy breathing coming from behind you.... You can't help but feel awkward. I've put it down to how late it was, that i'd been working hard all day so my mind was probably playing tricks on me.

Saturday i woke up at 11am and did very little. was asleep by midnight.

Sunday i woke up at 1pm (yeah i guess i needed that 13 hours sleep) and tidied my room then relaxed. hit the gym around 2.30 and got out at 4. Then went and had a few pints till 6pm then walked home and had dinner (a hearty meal; Lasagne, chips, coleslaw and 4 large garlic breads) Then went on AUKN'S chatroom, watched mock the week, fridays silent witness and then Rab C. Nesbit (i find it funny) then went o bed about 1am. woke up this morning bright and early and went downstairs to make pancakes and hot chocolate. Now i'm sat in the office wishing i was back in bed sleeping.

Morning People.

Is it just me, or is Mock the Week not as good as it was now? The most recent episode was a bit meh, not really enough laughs in it this time to be honest. I'll continue to watch it, but i can see it lacking compared to the older series now.

Plan of action for me today is mainly to do a bit of studying and get ready for my mid-term on thursday(yeah its only 4 weeks in, my guess is we'll have two), but i need lunch =/ and i have no idea what i have in.

Hey Manga,

No, i'm wide awake now...too busy to be tired today lol,

And the reason it doesn't feel as funny is because your too used to having the very tongue in cheek frankie boyle on the panel.

I'd say that the milton bloke in the orange shirt 2 weeks ago was rather funny, this week i think russel howard is getting better and occasionally you'll get a laugh out of the bald guy (name eludes me atm)

Its possible yeah, that and having one more guest on who you may not know comes to mind to. The first episode of the new series was good enough yeah, that guy in the orange shirt was funny because he just came up with stuff suddenly out of the blue. This week, I dunno, i guess some of the jokes used weren't the greatest, they weren't bad but still.
I take it you mean Dara? He is telling a couple more jokes here and there now yeah, so he's quite good.

Arbalest said:
Its possible yeah, that and having one more guest on who you may not know comes to mind to. The first episode of the new series was good enough yeah, that guy in the orange shirt was funny because he just came up with stuff suddenly out of the blue. This week, I dunno, i guess some of the jokes used weren't the greatest, they weren't bad but still.
I take it you mean Dara? He is telling a couple more jokes here and there now yeah, so he's quite good.

no i think his name is alan parsons or something. the guy on the right hand side.
and who the hell was that woman. i found her more irritating than funny ¬_¬ I watch QI too... that's a brilliant program, no matter who else appears on the show, their always of a funny calibur and you also learn the most pointless facts from the poshest man in britain lol.

Ah Alan, yeah. He is getting better, hah. I dunno why, but its funny just seeing him walk up to do his stand up bit, i guess its because he is generally a bit unsure on how to start, so just stands there, but there we go.

Yeah, he gets there eventually. the bloke on the left panel is funny, He used to work on "my hero" as the doctor. i'll find his name in a minute, i think its hue though.

I've got to say the fat one from peep show (Mitchel webb?) is funny and also Michael MacIntyre is excellent :)

Hugh Dennis is the first one you mean, and yeah he can be a good laugh. He was on QI recently too i believe.

The other you mean is David Mitchell, and he's appears on all of them, Have I Got News For You, Mock the Week and QI. He's very good though sometimes. I've not seen enough of Michael MacIntyre myself to really say, he is somewhat strange though. Maybe its his posh-like accent or something, hah.

lol, Awell, you've just saved me searching wiki for peoples names :p

Theys say that laughter is the best cure. and to be honest i can't knock whoever first said that, because i really can't get enough of it :p

Hugh Dennis is quite funny, MacIntyre is hilarious, Mitchell is great.

That frickin' women though. I don't have a frakking clue how she has become popular. I saw her on MacIntyre's Comedy Roadshow and she done some painful bit about how unfunny it is to be a women when you have a husband or an ex-husband or some ****. Ugh. It was horrible. So horrible.

As for Mock The Week as a whole, most people know I don't really find it funny anymore. It's felt too force for ages.

Jayme said:
That frickin' women though. I don't have a frakking clue how she has become popular. I saw her on MacIntyre's Comedy Roadshow and she done some painful bit about how unfunny it is to be a women when you have a husband or an ex-husband or some ****. Ugh. It was horrible. So horrible.

I think she's trying to go down the same road as jo brand: jokes about men/husbands and general sexist jokes and taking advantage of any blokes trying to tell feminist jokes and trying to get a sympathy vote from it. its people like that who annoy me and lower the comedy ratings :/

If i hear that stupid "Zanadoo" on the radio one more time i'm going to go down to london, and punch every living sado in heart radio for playing such crap.

ANDY Parsons ANDY! Gah...

And yep, it's not as funny as it used to be, Frankie not being there is ONE of the reasons.

I don't wanna sound sexist, but women comedians are generally... not as funny as men? Gah, sorry but it's true!

QI done a pretty decent episode on Gender a couple of weeks ago and that was one of the topics discussed. Funnily enough, I said to my mother how awful the women comedians were just before the show brought it up.

I like some, I mean, I find Joan River quite amusing the little I see of her and Jo Brand is occasionally great. She would identify more with the male comedians, though. Sarah Silverman is also horrible. "I'm F*cking Matt Damon" was a tiny tiny bit funny but enough to do proper stand-up and have her own show? No thank you.

Tina Fey is probably the best comedian women in the business. She doesn't do stand-up as far as I know though.

I'm really annoyed with my leg. It's been over a month, but this pain wno't go :'(

Other than that, things are fine. Feeling a bit gloomy, I'll spend Valentine's on my own again.

Have you asked Trashbat if she wants to meet up for a drink?
Maybe accupuncture may aleviate some of that pain in your leg....if that doesn't work maybe the hospital is the place to go.

Hi black, Tried the good old hot lemonade and honey with hops?

Ahh, damn...sorry i forgot about that :( I need to talk to you more!

Erm....Have you taken any multivitamins? or probiotic yogurt? they are meant to keep your immune system up. I still can't remember if you sweat out a fever or a starve a cold but knowing me its the other way around.

Back