The General Conversation Area

Tachi- said:
@Chaos: I usually wear a shirt and tie. but seeing as i have a new shirt and i own about 12 ties.....mixing it up abit makes things less boring.
Oh, you have to wear a tie for work? I see.
Like I say, it's so easy to be a guy if you wear formal to work. All you need is a few white shirts, half a dozen ties and two black trousers.

chaos said:
Tachi- said:
@Chaos: I usually wear a shirt and tie. but seeing as i have a new shirt and i own about 12 ties.....mixing it up abit makes things less boring.
Oh, you have to wear a tie for work? I see.
Like I say, it's so easy to be a guy if you wear formal to work. All you need is a few white shirts, half a dozen ties and two black trousers.

Actually.....i'm the only one who wears a tie in the whole department lol.
But yeah i know what you mean, the women in the office get things even easier. most don't wear proper work shirts/tops and footwear changes from sandals, to high heels, to trainers.

And i'm stuck in shoes (i'd love to wear trainers)

@Chaos: I'll always be lingering like a bad smell. Just won't be able to have convo's. I just be smelt but not seen.

@Tachi: Wish I could have been wearing civies instead of shirt and tie. I dream of trainers too. My shoes are battered now. They are slowly falling apart. They are really comfy tho and I don't want to hae to let them go.

I'm keeping my eye for the Head of the HR department. I need to speak to them about my refused Holidays. I'm gonna put a grievance in. It's my last chance for them to let me get the time off. If this doesn't work... I'll not be able to go and I'll lose money. I hate them for this!
:evil:

Morning all. Was going to be a day off today (hence why I was up drinking and on the chat 'til 3am last night) but my sister isn't well and her boyfriend has somewhere to be at lunch time so... Heigh-ho...

Hopefully your HR dept can sort it.
In honesty i'd just go to the doctors and say "i have a throat infection" and its keeping you up all night. get them to either sign you off work or perscribe tablets. Thats your reason for not working - you'll be off work and you'll have a reason.

Right i'm going to be out of here for a while. i don't know when i'll be back.

BlackWolf said:
Morning all, hows things?

Dude long time no talk. I'm after some Sci-Fi reccomendations man. You know my preferences and criteria ;)

I'm tempted to do Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Real Drive. Any comments or new reccomendations?

hmm...With that list i would say Cowboy Bebop is more what your after. Outlaw Star gets a heavy recommendation but there is a tiny bit of romance that seeps in at the end (although there is a hilarious hot springs episode before then that has to be seen) and i've not seen Real Dive.

How did the gig go? Did you knock them dead?

*cough*
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iiT2cJ0mKwU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iiT2cJ0mKwU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

And hasn't he recommended you some already? Is this still for your hangover?

BlackWolf said:
hmm...With that list i would say Cowboy Bebop is more what your after. Outlaw Star gets a heavy recommendation but there is a tiny bit of romance that seeps in at the end (although there is a hilarious hot springs episode before then that has to be seen) and i've not seen Real Dive.

Worth mentioning i'm after "proper" sci-fi. Similar to the GitS, Mass Effect and Appleseed universe. That help you in anyway? Gundam with better art/animation would be awesome. Looks a bit grainy though as it is like.

BlackWolf said:
How did the gig go? Did you knock them dead?

Not well. lol.

Jayme: Yeah, still for my hangover. I forgot to mention Gintama/D. Gray Man. I can't see what you linked to btw J cause i'm on college PC's.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was just the opening, hah. D. Gray-Man isn't really a sci-fi. Have you had a look at Gundam 00? That's a Gundam that has a completely different look - and what about Geass? You seen that?

Jayme said:
It was just the opening, hah. D. Gray-Man isn't really a sci-fi. Have you had a look at Gundam 00? That's a Gundam that has a completely different look - and what about Geass? You seen that?

Seen and loved Geass, and Gundam 00, doesnt that have Romance in?

I think you'll find romance is in pretty much everything. Science fiction is mostly just a drama, with the twist of it having giant robots, being in space or some super technology being around. To actually find a show without any romance is probably fairly hard.

And, I've no idea if 00 does have romance, haven't even thought about it.

These's a difference between romance being an element of a show and romance being the show.

There is some romance, but the main character (Setsuna, doesn't get involved in it), you see the secondary main characters get involved in it more, especially in the 2nd Season with Lyle and Anew (seriously who ever came up with names for that show needs to be fired)

Serious Sci-Fi eh? hmmm Well Gundam does follow that, but i can't think of any besides 00, well there is MS Igloo i guess but since that probably requires you to know about the original series, its not ideal.

EDIT:

Looks like i picked the wrong time to come here :p I'll have to be heading off now so I'll catch you all later :)

P.S. Check my Art Thread ;)

Blue Sub 6 perhaps? It's only an OVA/Movie but it's something you'd enjoy Spyro imo. For some reason my minds drawing a blank to any other Sci-fi anime's. AD Police Files, Ergo Proxy.... there are more but it's hard to think of anime's that don't have a much romance running threw it. Harder than I thought anyways.

Outlaw Star is definately one to watch after Bebop too. :thumb:

Edit: Ah, just thought about another. PATLABOR! Don't know why I didn't think of it before.
:p

Voddas said:
Do it! Do it! Do it!
Rewatched the bad ass Outlaw Star 6 times thoughout my anime fandom. (There were a lot of repeats on CN, and I watched it 3 times otherwise.)

Bebop was great too. Best scenes were the Mushroom episode and Spike bitching about kids, women and dogs. XD

@Tachi - You're hunting down members you hate or something? ;)

Chaz said:
Voddas said:
Do it! Do it! Do it!
Rewatched the bad ass Outlaw Star 6 times thoughout my anime fandom. (There were a lot of repeats on CN, and I watched it 3 times otherwise.)

Bebop was great too. Best scenes were the Mushroom episode and Spike bitching about kids, women and dogs. XD

@Tachi - You're hunting down members you hate or something? ;)

Nah, i don't hate anyone on here. i don't think anyone (including people i've had "heated debates" with) has annoyed me enough for me to hate em lol.

Just thought that having a difinitive list of active members would help others if they wanted to meet up (for a pint perhaps? :p )

I'm fed up of the working world. When people start flaunting names at me "i know Joe bloggs" it leaves me sat there clapping half heartedly with half open eyes and saying "well done, bloody brilliant....what i'd give to be you" and then they look at me as if they didn't deserve my sarcasm. I know most of the fat cats in HR, The P.A to the Director of nursing and the person in charge of bedfordshires HQ building.....but i've never pulled their names up to get my own way....bloody people in life are so shallow.

Anyway, wubu2 chazzy chaz?

I'll take a look at making a definitive map later Tach. ;)

It just suddenly became a conversation and then I got lost as to whose names I had put on and whose I hadn't. But you're right, it would be a useful resource.

Jayme said:
These's a difference between romance being an element of a show and romance being the show.

the man has a point. it's just like in Naruto, it has it's forms of love triangles but it never loses focus on the main element of the show

Back