The General Conversation Area

Hiya Chaos :D

I'm okay, I have been into town today to collect Ceres Celestial Legend and I have ordered some more manga, one of them being the third volume of the Higurashi manga :D

How about you?

and yep I have finished Higurashi which I did last week :D

why higurashi isn't into your top ten yet? =P
Anyway, ceres... I've always wanted to read this one. How do you like it so far?

Is it comparable to Fushigi Yugii?

It's there now Chaos :p

Ceres is awesome so far and now that I have the last 2 volumes I can finally complete it :D

and Ceres is completely different to Fushigi Yugi as the storlyline is much darker

@Chaos - Oh no! Spend your "spending money" as you wish and dont hold back if you like stuff, just get it. I'm like you with the whole split into "Money I need until next pay day," "Spending money" and "money for accomodation/food/travel etc." Some people count the whole thing as one big number, spend it all, forget that holidays dont last forever and realise they're in a bind when they get home.

On another note, I'm fuming at Job Seekers. I earn slightly more than the cut-off allowance point and I get nothing from them (except the job serch help, of which I'm capable of doing on my own!) I just want to repeat the f-word until I go to bed tonight (as it's taken them a month to tell me this and it's not the only time they've messed me about). F***ing government!

Just thought I'd post this excerpt from ANN's Funimation Otakon panel report:

Starting with video news, Funimation's video streaming portal, Funimation.com/Video recently had some issues with region blocking and buffering times, but that has since been looked at.

Assuming the account hasn't omitted key details, somehow I'm left wanting by what is reported. Since things are yet to be 'looked at' for us, one assumes the address was only kept relevant to the attending audience.

^ It most likely means they've "looked at it to make sure people from other regions can't access it".

Meh, like I give a toss anyway. It's not like we don't have alternatives. Less that legal though they may be be, if Funi are only authorised to show these series' to US audiences then it doesn't really make a lot of difference.

Just thought I would show the Rei model I was given for my birthday, upon Ayase's request!

rei.jpg

Very nice gift (and if it was recent enough, Happy Birthday!).
Going to London in just over a weeks time. Shall I make a thread looking for advice... I mean Forbidden Planet on Shaftsbury Lane was heaven when I was there last, but I'm sure there's plenty of places I don't know about.

heh tight suits

anyhow been watching hellgirl only been interesting since that reporter making a regular appearance, but not much he can do part from watch.
Other then that I recently tested out some fan translation patches on both Galaxy angels first game (covers upto chapter 4) and School days (covers ep 1) may well have to tell Rui this, see if she wants a copy

Zeouterlimits said:
...but I'm sure there's plenty of places I don't know about.
Here and here are worth a peek. The former doesn't appear to be anything interesting, but it's actually full of manga- they never got round to changing the sign.

Nice figure there Will, if (like my Revy) also somewhat curvier than her anime counterpart. I guess this is a common feature of figures, eh? ;)

Looking with lust on a new Queen's Blade Risty one after all the talk in that other thread... I shouldn't have started buying figures. Who knows where this will end?

Could do to be livelier... I'm rather bored this morning. Everyone's off to the beach it seems, it being such a nice day. Though I did just sell one customer five books, so I'm not complaining. :D

Anyone else have any anime figures? You must have some mecha Black. :p

I've got four gundams (a MG F91 Gundam, a MG Crossbone Gundam X-1, a HG Wing Gundam Zero and a HG Freedom Gundam. All 1/100 scale) then i've got a Aoko Aozaki figure from Tsukihime (i'm a sucker for long haired red heads).

There's plenty more i want as well but money kills me. I mean there's a Genesic GaoGaiGar figure that looks really nice. Also i will get an Arcuied model, as one of my favourite characters i can't forget her.

BlackWolf said:
I've got four gundams (a MG F91 Gundam, a MG Crossbone Gundam X-1, a HG Wing Gundam Zero and a HG Freedom Gundam. All 1/100 scale) then i've got a Aoko Aozaki figure from Tsukihime (i'm a sucker for long haired red heads).
Aren't we all? ;)

I've looked at the MG Gundam kits before too (specifically the Mk.II in Titans colour scheme - probably the best looking Gundam IMO) but yeah... The money.

The mk II is a nice kit, its been on my wish list for a while, as was the Zeta Gundam ver 2. I also wouldn't mind the Kampfer from 0080, i loved the design on that. Shame it didn't preform as well as it looked but that was because of design specs.

There is some bargins out there though if you look, at the time my F91 only cost £35 in total (with p&p)

Its strange though, the thing about red heads yet i've never looked into getting one of the most famous of all, Asuka Langely Soryu.

It is abit quiet in here.but its only monday so it'll pick up later or tomorrow.

i'm shattered, *yawns and stretches* you know....the closer this friday gets...the less i actually want to go on holiday :(
i had a great weekend and being in egypt means i won't get chance to see kayleigh =/

still...i'll be on holiday, with the sun, sea and snorkling. and away from work...free to sit and play monster hunter until i finally catch up with ben.

pro's and cons =/

BlackWolf said:
Its strange though, the thing about red heads yet i've never looked into getting one of the most famous of all, Asuka Langely Soryu.
*Looks at his X-mas special edition versions of Rei and Asuka*
Yeah... *sigh* That's such a tragedy... :p

Hey all. How's ya'll?
I couldn't make those Gundam sets. I'd be too afriad I'd botch it up and it'll look far too plain (as in some "add on" parts are missing for perfect detail). Although I suppose it wont be too different from sticking/painting Games Workshop stuff...

@Tachi: I think some people would ask you to consider your priorities, concerning the eagerness in playing games to catch up on someone whilst on holiday... And then there's me who really doesn't mind too much. ;)

I would question the pointlessness as well Chaz :p but i wouldn't be so mean.

I'm good chaz, funny you should mention Games Workshop though as i'm back into the hobby again :p starting a space marine army this time and then hopefully by the time i'm finished with it, Tyranids may have seen some love...And the Gundam models are pretty much like GW figures except you don't need to paint them if you don't want to. some of the parts though can be lost mind.

Out of curiosity what are those two eva models like?

Back