The General Conversation Area

I've returned and yes Black! That was a record breaker. :p

I hope this afternoon doesn't get too busy. Can't be doing with it today. ¬_¬

I'm going to live forever aparently. Bonus! :D

i knew i shouldn't have bothered editing my post, you two posted after me...so it'll probably be missed if i don't say

"LOOK UP.....LOOK AT MY PREVIOUS POST.....DO IT NOW......OR I'LL TAKE YEARS OFF YOUR DEATH CLOCK!"

:lol:

Which tents are you looking at Tach? Or how big does it need to be? Best I've ever had is a Coleman, though it's only a little one-man tent. Did me proud in Canadian rainstorms... not unlike the one going on outside right now.

Tent 1

Tent 2

Me and Kayleigh have decided that when i get back from egypt when my parents go away in the august bank hol weekend that the both of us and another couple are going camping. not decided where yet but i've been camping in norfork before and know a place where there's a pub in walking distance from the campsite.

Here's the full dante pic then Tachi. It got a good reception when i gave him it on sunday, even if it is just pencil coloured

As for tents i wouldn't know, never been camping in that sense :p

although if your saying you went camping in canada Ayase then i'm going to be jealous, i've always wanted to go there

his stomach looks abit too apart black....thats the only fault i can see :) otherwise good job.

on the tent topic

Well i like the tent from halfords its got a sort of awening to put things in and its not that bad height wise, 150cm high is roughly enough to move around in without crawling. but the price is abit much....also comes with pegs and everything well need.

the one from argos comes with 2 mats, 2 sleeping bags and 2 headlamps (i'm not going to be mining so i don't think the headlights will be used lol) its cheaper than the other one and is a basic starder kit.....but its smaller and doesn't have much room to put bags in (clothes and cooking gear aswell as misc items like a heater) so its sort of a problem.

still unsure which ones better and kayleigh isn't in luton till tonight so she's just been going off what i've been reading off the website and actually hasn't seen em.

help!

Uh... you sure get a lot of stuff for your £35 there. Makes me think it might not be the best quality tent in the world. With tents you generally get what you pay for.

I think this one is mine (it isn't the next one down, that one looks totally different) though the green bits are orange:
http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Coleman_Avior_X2_2_Man_Backpacking_Tent.html

So perhaps it's a two-man after all, though I wouldn't like to try fitting two men into it. Me and a petite girl perhaps, but not two men. ;)

The Halfords one looks like it would be much better but I'd be inclined to go for something like this:
http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Coleman_Coastline_3_Tunnel_Tent.html

Worth it for the amount of extra space if there's two of you and fairly easy to erect. Haven't looked around at prices yet so you might find it cheaper elsewhere.

thats great :) hmm so now i have 3 that we can have a look at.

it seems that i posted my opinion just before you posted :p take a ganders.

My pop-up tents were brushed aside like an old Hobbo. :(

They take less than a second to setup and a minute to take down. Only slept in it for four nights but can't complain. ^^

turns out my brother's got a big tent, with two-three rooms (this is because it has to sleep 2 adults 2 kids and an hyper German Shepard) i think that only cost him in the £70 range and if i recall it was during a sale. Althogh you're going to need more then a tent for camping

I took a look voddas...its just that we need space to put things in....don't know if that's enough space :/

idealy we need a tent with another section to it that we can put bags and other things like a cooker in.

To address Black's earlier question, yep. I have been to Canada. :D

Spent two months travelling from Toronto to Vancouver sometimes camping other times staying in hotels / motels. It is a fantastic country. Like America without 90% of the people (and those that remain being far nicer, more helpful people) or the massive tracts of suburban sprawl. The expanse of wilderness is amazing. We can only imagine what it's like in this country - Our entire landscape is tamed.

Okay now you've made me jealous Ayase :p If i ever get enough money together, i'm there. I think it was seeing pictures of the landscape that sold it to me (and snow i could never forget the snow) going to a place like that would do me a world of good.

I had heard tales that the popluace were nicer and more welcoming then those in the states. One day...one day i'll go there either by a snow holiday or more likely a general holiday. Living there will be a far-off dream.

Tachi- said:
I took a look voddas...its just that we need space to put things in....don't know if that's enough space :/

idealy we need a tent with another section to it that we can put bags and other things like a cooker in.
No worries Tachi, was only messing anyway. ;)

Pop-up tents are an extra at best really. Maybe as an extra tent with the big tent. They're better for festivals backpacking really (just for sleeping in).

EDIT/ Ayase has made me jealouse also. I'd love to go. :(

Awww tenting, havn't done that in like ages. We used to have one of those family tents, you know the ones that take 1hour and 37 minutes to erect.

cya black.

Well this is fun.....this week buying a tent and camping gear. next friday flying off to egypt for 2 weeks of sun, sea and sand.
then when i get back getting my tattoo done...and then the space inbetween the 19th and the 1st of september its going to be a really heavy time on both the body and the wallet. as the lads are starting uni in september and leo turns 18 on the 19th. sams on holiday until the 27th so its pretty hard pushed but were going to have a load of fun. i expect facebook to recieve a crazy amount of pictures to capture the last time well all be together as a group before they go. then at christmas well all meet up again.

it seems that things are just going crazy...were all young adults right now and its pretty much the beginning of the end of our childhood and young adult hood....as we mature into self sufficient adults who can tackle the world.

atleast i've got a gf that now everythings sorted....is low maintenance...no real fractures and everythings going well. no signs that it will change for the worse.

i know it sounds really sentimental but tbh the way i'm feeling right now is excellent, plenty of fun to be had, growing up and everythings positive :)

Humbug to tents. I'd rather stay put myself.
All one needs is a cold shower whilst fully clothed, along with a mouthful of grass, and one is able to simulate the experience in its entirety.

Back