The General Conversation Area

chaos said:
If you really want and can come down to London tomorrow, it's yours.

@Mono - hey there!
Really nice of you to say that Chaos. :cry:

If only I wasn't on the otherside of the country and working my balls off at the time. Seeing Blur would be freaking awesome too.

There must be someone you like that would go... surely?

@Ryo: Never seen "tales of symthonia" either. O_O

RYO!! I've been jinxed with your talk of breaking coolers!

The aircon in the whole building just broke and the temperature is rising very quickly. I've had to shed my tie and role up my sleeves. I can do no more than this. I think come 5 o'clock, they'll find a poodle by my desk where I was once a solid mass.

o_O *sweats*

Voddas said:
chaos said:

@Mono - hey there!

If only I wasn't on the otherside of the country and working my balls off at the time. Seeing Blur would be freaking awesome too.

I think there's something going on either with me or with this ticket. The friend who was going with me originally got sacked and moved away from London from a new job.

I've managed to invite a really nice girl, but she couldn't get time off work. (the old usual excuse)

My other friends don't like live gigs or are married with childen. My niece who's spending summer with me in London is too young to come along, so I'll end up getting there on my own =(

I've offered to another friend, who actually is tryingto convince his boss to give him some time off tomorrow. Let's see how it goes...

chaos said:
Voddas said:
chaos said:

@Mono - hey there!

I think there's something going on either with me or with this ticket. The friend who was going with me originally got sacked and moved away from London from a new job.

I've managed to invite a really nice girl, but she couldn't get time off work. (the old usual excuse)

Hah, don't worry, I'd go with you! (If it weren't for the distance between my house and London)

My other friends don't like live gigs or are married with childen. My niece who's spending summer with me in London is too young to come along, so I'll end up getting there on my own =(

I've offered to another friend, who actually is tryingto convince his boss to give him some time off tomorrow. Let's see how it goes...

Hah, don't worry, I'd go with you! (If it weren't for the distance between my house and London)

The weather's really random today... before it was bright and sunny and bright and now the it's torrential rain.

Thanks for the tip Ryo. ;)

I suprised Chaos, not at you but at your friends. I would be like. "Hey wifey fancy looking after the wee one for a bit?" and shot off with you to see Blur. I'd obviously repay the favour like.
:p

Voddas said:
I suprised Chaos, not at you but at your friends. I would be like. "Hey wifey fancy looking after the wee one for a bit?" and shot off with you to see Blur. I'd obviously repay the favour like.
:p
My friends are weird. Some even weirder than I am =P

Afternoon guys! I've not been in much these past few days, enjoying this gorgeous weather too much. 8)

Voddas said:
I think come 5 o'clock, they'll find a poodle by my desk
Excessive heat makes you turn into a poodle Voddas? Ranma eat your heart out. :lol:

chaos said:
My other friends don't like live gigs
:eek:

Seriously, W. T. F. Live music is the ultimate bloody listening experience. Nine times out of ten live versions piss all over their polished, over produced record counterparts.

ayase said:
chaos said:
My other friends don't like live gigs
:eek:

Seriously, W. T. F. Live music is the ultimate bloody listening experience. Nine times out of ten live versions piss all over their polished, over produced record counterparts.
As you know the music is never too loud, it's you who is getting old.
That's what I think about these friends of mine, they got old =P

I know I don't act my own age, but I can't help, but think if they only knew the joy of live music...

Hey Mono. What are you up to today? Enjoying the sun? :)

@chaos - No way, loads of people much older than you go to gigs. Hell my mum still goes to live gigs! Appreciation of live music has nothing to do with ageing and everything to do with the character of the person (until you're in your 70's or something, in which case fair enough it's probably not good for your health). They didn't get old, they got boring. :p

Ayase, I'm just listening to music and browsing the forums
and even though I'm enjoying the sun, I'm staying indoors as it just so hot outside :p

ayase said:
@chaos - No way, loads of people much older than you go to gigs. Hell my mum still goes to live gigs! Appreciation of live music has nothing to do with ageing and everything to do with the character of the person (until you're in your 70's or something, in which case fair enough it's probably not good for your health). They didn't get old, they got boring. :p
LOL =)
I'll tell them that =D I guess you're right, I've seen AC/DC the other day and Angus Young is about 60, gettign bald and all, but he still kick most of the newer generation on stage. His performance is absolutely amazing. Ozzy performed like a maniac as well and he ain't a young man for a long time now...

On the other hand they could have been boring all along and I've never realized that ;)

MONONOKE said:
and even though I'm enjoying the sun, I'm staying indoors as it just so hot outside :p
I'd never guess I'd hear this in the UK :)

Gigs? I remain sceptical about those. What, pray tell, does one do if one wishes to be seated? I'd get tired standing up, considering the amount of jumping around I've been told about.

When the temperatures start to head towards the mid twenties, I start to complain. I'm far more contented in the cold.

Blur should be incredible :)

I just booked tickets to see Tarja Turunen in October. I love her. Most gigs tend to stress me out by being too crowded and hectic but for my favourites I make an exception.

R

Thanks for all the support Ayase, Will-O (Support... mhm? ;)) and... uh, Otaku, thanks for you're advice.

@Zin: Buy a seated ticket? There were even seats at Children of Bodom/Cannibal Corpse :lol:

Back