The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

A couple of Asian releases are offering English support for those interested.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate
Coming this December is the DanMachi game that is surprisingly making its way into Asia with English support. As mentioned before, the dungeon-crawling JRPG will be available on PlayStation 4 in standard and limited edition and on Nintendo Switch in standard and limited edition. The limited-edition release will also include the DanMachi de Shooting wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (shmup) as well as the original soundtrack and art book. All pre-orders from Play Asia will include English cover art, A4 print file and a download code for the DanMachi shmup.

Resonance of Fate (End of Eternity)
Coming this December is a retail release of the recent 4K/HD Edition remaster of the cult classic JRPG gun-fu game. Both standard and collector's edition versions are available. The collector's edition offers an art book, original soundtrack and download code featuring PS4 theme and avatars. This release offers English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, Italian, German, Spanish language support.

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays
Coming at the end of November is the latest installment in the SD Gundam video game series. The game will be available in a retail form for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. It's also coming to Steam if you prefer that option. This release offers English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean language support.

And for those interested, there's also recently released English supported releases of Dead or School, Dragon Quest 1-3, Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX, and River City Girls.

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided. For those worried about customs, there is a shipping option that will allow you to pre-pay the VAT which is similar to Amazon's Global Shipping system)

So. Half-Life 1.5 confirmed. I did always suspect that Valve weren't going to return to Half-Life unless they could use the opportunity to push boundaries and make it as memorable an event as the first two games, and here it is - VR exclusive. It's a bold move, but if there was ever a game that had the potential to make people shell out nearly a thousand pounds for the hardware to run it, this is probably it.

I would if I could. Although I've never really found the controllers particularly appealing, not to mention the necessity for those bloody base stations (can they still not think of a better way than that? Surely distance measuring lasers on the headset or something would work) I do like the immersiveness* of VR headsets. If I could just sit with a VR headset on but continue to use my mouse and keyboard I'd be happy, I probably spend more time interacting with the world via mouse and keyboard than directly with my hands at this point.

It'll be interesting to see if this does push VR adoption in the way Valve clearly intends and desires, if it does it may well be another turning point for the industry. But that is a gamble, and I do wonder if that's perhaps the reason they're not risking giving this installment a numerical identifier. "Remember that Half-Life spin-off that failed because it was VR only?" doesn't sound quite as bad as "Remember that Half-Life game that failed because it was VR only?" I don't doubt it has the ability to succeed though, I mean I bought a £1500 PC back in 2011 primarily just so I could play Skyrim at the best possible quality on release, that's £600 more than Valve are asking for Index and they're throwing in Alyx free...

*autocorrect informs me this isn't a word, surely it is?

Kingdom Hearts III Re Mind is coming to PlayStation 4 on 23rd January 2020 and Xbox One on 25th February 2020 as a digital download expansion for the Kingdom Hearts III game. The DLC pack is essentially the Final Mix version for the game and will require you to at least finish the base game story to avoid spoiling yourself.

Final Fantasy characters make a return after being omitted from the base game.

ELog5_fUEAANS0x

EQqcdxNWkAI4sPB

Shin Sakura Wars is coming to the west from SEGA for PlayStation 4 on 28th April.

Pre-orders are available on Amazon UK as a launch edition, which features reversible artwork and sticker set.

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

Having just watched the anime adaptation I’m intrigued to play this. It’s stated as a soft reboot also so could be a good starting point for the franchise.

Having just watched the anime adaptation I’m intrigued to play this. It’s stated as a soft reboot also so could be a good starting point for the franchise.
In fact there's an anime adaptation of 'this' game airing this April in case you didn't know.

Back