The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Wonder what happened with the leak then. Saw people slating it. Of course I avoided it like the plague, so don't know anything about what exactly was leaked or why people were saying it was bad. Maybe it wasn't the full game, or just Xbots using it to rubbish it knowing most PlayStation fans would avoid them, or anti-LGBT/feminism people who don't like a gay female lead!
I wouldn't say the hate came from the female lead and her love interest, but more so how the story progresses. The trailers that Sony put out were spoiler-free so you don't have to worry about that at least.

Wonder what happened with the leak then. Saw people slating it. Of course I avoided it like the plague, so don't know anything about what exactly was leaked or why people were saying it was bad. Maybe it wasn't the full game, or just Xbots using it to rubbish it knowing most PlayStation fans would avoid them, or anti-LGBT/feminism people who don't like a gay female lead!

I've tried to avoid any leaks or discussion too (I havent even watched any of gameplay footage yet either) so I'm not 100% sure but I think most people didnt like the story or the direction it went in wasn't what they hoped, I guess. (The whole story got leaked I believe) Hard for me to know what they meant until I've played it myself.

I would be surprised if the hate was purely LGBT related given what happened in Left Behind, and I dont remember that being controversial at all.

I would be surprised if the hate was purely LGBT related given what happened in Left Behind, and I dont remember that being controversial at all.
I'm sure there are some people who won't play it because of the protagonist, their loss!
The one video that popped on my YouTube recomendation list that wasn't from a channel I subscribed to (so don't know their thoughts on the subject) seemed to have a problem with it, obviously didn't click so I may have to come to the wrong conclusion from the thumbnail and title.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time has been Announced!

Picking up where the original trilogy left off, Neo Cortex and Dr. Nefarious Tropy have escaped their interdimensional prison and in doing so have fractured the boundaries of time and space. It’s up to Crash and Coco to save the day.

I've been waiting YEARS for this! Hands down my favourite Gaming Franchise, after the remasters of the last couple of years, there is now a full fledged sequel, which looks like is taking the gameplay of the Naughty Dog classics, and added new stuff. Exactly what I wanted.

Is there any Crash fans here? What did you think of the trailer?

Release date for Trails of Cold Steel IV

And they've licensed Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
2021 for Ys IX!!! Are they mental!?! If you want your game to be overlooked release it on an old gen console after a next gen one has released 😱 yes PS5 is backwards compatible but considering the only press I've heard about Ys IX is how bad it runs technically this just seems like a bad idea.... and it could be anytime in 2021, the longer they leave it the more people will upgrade and the worse it'll sell.

2021 for Ys IX!!! Are they mental!?! If you want your game to be overlooked release it on an old gen console after a next gen one has released 😱 yes PS5 is backwards compatible but considering the only press I've heard about Ys IX is how bad it runs technically this just seems like a bad idea.... and it could be anytime in 2021, the longer they leave it the more people will upgrade and the worse it'll sell.
Personally I am on the stance that the Japanese games won't properly hit next gen for at least the next two years (and if they do, they're basically ports). Ys IX still hitting PS4 for 2021 is fine by me, and while I am aware of frame-rate issues it is quite possible that it's taking this long to try and fix these sorts of issues anyway (because the Switch version would be unplayable otherwise if you think about it and they don't want a repeat of Ys VIII).

I don't expect many to grab a next-gen console for two reasons. 1) The price and 2) the availability. Microsoft and Sony have already confirmed that there's going to be less stock available than the usual due to the global situation and considering the price ain't going to be cheap, only those who desperately want one would pre-order immediately. I am holding out because the first batch of newer consoles generally have a high chance of having something break, as evidently seen in the past few generations.

TL;DR Better to delay the release and fix the game's performance before bringing it over to next gen or Switch. Also not everyone will get a next-gen console asap due to pandemic.

Personally I am on the stance that the Japanese games won't properly hit next gen for at least the next two years (and if they do, they're basically ports). Ys IX still hitting PS4 for 2021 is fine by me, and while I am aware of frame-rate issues it is quite possible that it's taking this long to try and fix these sorts of issues anyway (because the Switch version would be unplayable otherwise if you think about it and they don't want a repeat of Ys VIII).

I don't expect many to grab a next-gen console for two reasons. 1) The price and 2) the availability. Microsoft and Sony have already confirmed that there's going to be less stock available than the usual due to the global situation and considering the price ain't going to be cheap, only those who desperately want one would pre-order immediately. I am holding out because the first batch of newer consoles generally have a high chance of having something break, as evidently seen in the past few generations.

TL;DR Better to delay the release and fix the game's performance before bringing it over to next gen or Switch. Also not everyone will get a next-gen console asap due to pandemic.

I agree that a lot of people won't upgrade asap (but as we all know, want outweighs need most often) and personally I don't think price will be that big an issue. Anything under £500 I think is ok. In a world Apple will happily charge £1,000+ for a phone that'll be out of date in 2 months and people will pay it.
Pretty sure if I added up all the money spent by members of this forum on Aniplex titles alone I could buy a small island 😂

But back to the game I think for me it was a case of shock! When I saw the announcement trailer I was expecting 3 - 4 months before release but a no date 2021 window really caught me off guard.
Feels like they should have waited until they had an actual date to even announce it.

Atlus has announced plans for a HD remaster of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The Japanese release is scheduled for 29th October 2020 in physical and digital format.

Shin Megami Tensei V is on target for 2021 worldwide release for Nintendo Switch.

Shin Megami Tensei
I know Persona is a spin-off series of this series, but I've never really looked into the differences and similarities. From the trailers looks like the dungeon crawling parts and even enemies within are the same/similar, but the setting is post-apocalyptic rather than every day Japan.
Are there similar social features? Any other differences/similarities?

I know Persona is a spin-off series of this series, but I've never really looked into the differences and similarities. From the trailers looks like the dungeon crawling parts and even enemies within are the same/similar, but the setting is post-apocalyptic rather than every day Japan.
Are there similar social features? Any other differences/similarities?
Well for starters it's not set in a high school.

To my knowledge there's no social stuff and it's more towards talking with demons to have them join your team as you progress through the story. Persona (1, 2 & 5) does have some of it but not in-depth.

Persona games are more lighthearted and story driven than SMT games. I didn't make far in Nocturne but what i saw nocture was moody and minimalistic with it's dialogue (i think same goes for digital devil saga)

SMT games are also much more brutal and i'm hoping that this new edition of Nocturne has bunch of changes to make it easier to newcomers. I heard that there's an easy mode but i hope that's it's not the only change because easy will probably be too easy. I just want grinding to be easier and stuff like that.

Fault Milestone One Collector's Edition (PS4)

Fate/EXTRA Record has been announced to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the original PlayStation Portable release. Record is a remake of the PSP game and is coming to unspecified consoles using the Unreal Engine.

Like the original, this is a turn-based RPG.

I've only just been getting into Pokemon Go over the past few weeks. If anyone wants to add me as a friend my trainer number is 0757 6638 6503.

Cyberpunk 2077 sounds like a bit of a mixed bag from the reviews. Mostly excellent in terms of the amount of side quests and how your actions affect the main plot (and the soundtrack), but a ton of bugs and no one's seen the console version in action!
I may wait to see what people are saying about it's performance before buying it, at least till the next day. That and my staff discount goes up to 15% on Friday!
Sounds like you can make a pretty close approximation to Major Kusanagi in the character build apart from one thing, the background part. From what I remember and from SAC 2nd GIG she is an orphan after a plane crash and then is one of the first to receive a full body prosthetic. She's then adopted by a doctor and eventually joins the military before Aramaki recruits her to build Section 9. Nomad is definitely out, Corpo might fit as in the C2077 world the corporations have their own military and Street Kid could be a pick because she is also streetwise and always seems to know some shady character that can help them.

Back