The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Of the 20 games announced for the PlayStation Classic, these lot will be the European 50Hz PAL versions:
  • Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six

Already posted. And the emulatioj ain't great according to those who have used it. PAL versions? Nintendo has no issue using NA ROMs even in Europe, they've even boasted of it as a selling point.

I was going to buy this, but with everything that has transpired I decided against it and instead I'm going to be building my own out of a raspberry Pi and it'll be cheaper (even though I'm going overkill on the USB flash drives).

To the Pokémon fans who didn't like the Detective Pikachu designs, I present to you, PERSPECTIVE!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The guys that brought you Deadpool &amp; The Fast and the Furious are bringing SONIC THE HEDGEHOG to the big screen! <a href="#SonicMovie hashtag on Twitter">#SonicMovie</a> speeds into theatres Nov 2019. <br><br>Check out the new teaser poster, and click to read what they had to say about making the film: <a href="Sonic The Hedgehog Movie First Look: Check Out the Exclusive Official Poster - IGN">Sonic The Hedgehog Movie First Look: Check Out the Exclusive Official Poster - IGN</a> <a href="Paramount Pictures on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/LMakeasL6y</a></p>&mdash; Paramount Pictures (@ParamountPics) <a href=" ">December 10, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
I reckon a Switch release alongside a P4G port amongst other things. I’d rebuy P5 if it had enough worthwhile additions.

There was a PlayStation symbol at the start! So a new game similar to P4G, on the Vita? (It's not quite dead yet in Japan) or on the PS4? Seems a bit late for it to be DLC.
I mainly think a Switch port because of the Smash situation though I’m probably wrong. I doubt It’s anything for the Vita though.

That already has PQ2 though.
Looking through Wikipedia it would follow the pattern of all main line Persona games being exclusively on a Sony console and then ported exclusively to the portable Sony handheld. It also reminded me that P5 also came out on PS3, so a Vita port is plausible.
I don't know if they could do it with Persona 6 if it was a PS4/5 game, unless Sony tried again with handheld.

The vita is long dead and doubt could handle it.
Like I said, not in Japan:
Japanese Major Releases

Atelier of the New Earth Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists (Gust) 13 December
Rainbow Skies (EastAsiaSoft) 20 December

Asdivine Hearts 2 (Kemco) Winter
KonoSuba RPG: God's Blessing (Entergram) 28 March 2019
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite Combate (5pb) 2019
Catherine Full Body (Atlus) 14 February 2019
Golden Corda Octave (Koei) 14 February
Nora Princess and Crying Cat 2 (Harukaze) 28 February 2019
Full Kiss (Entergram) 28 March 2019
Familia Myth (5pb) 2019
Kenka Banche 2nd Rumble (Spike Chunsoft) 2019
Romancing Saga 3 (Square) Early 2019
Yumeutsutsu Re:Master (Kogado Studio) Early 2019
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019 (Konami) 2019
Eve Rebirth Terror (El Dia) 2019

TBC

Kenka Bancho Otome: My Honey of Absolute Perfection (Spike)
Ninja Usagimaru: Two Tails of Adventure (Arc System)
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Gust)
Chaos Head: Noah (5pb)
Star Ocean Second Evolution (Square Enix)
Code: Realize Sousei no Himegimi FD (Idea Factory)
Suran Digit (Idea Factory)
Brothers Conflict: Precious Baby (Idea Factory)
Gundam G Generation Genesis (Bandai)
Makai Shin Trillion (Compile Heart) (Rogue RPG)
Operation Abyss 2 (Experience)
Ronin of the Fleeting Life (Spike Chunsoft)
World End Eclipse (Sega)
Tokeijikake no Ley Line (Dramatic Create)
Project Code Datum (Kadokawa)
PQ2 is 3DS.
OK, Nintendo has its Persona games, just not the main line ones. Must be some kind of deal between Atlus and Sony for those.

Back