The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

I'm annoyed about Beserk. No Xbox One release planned so I won't be buying it, even though my PC should be fine playing it. They claim lack of demand based on games like Arslan not doing well (judging based on a far lesser known series... clever.)

It's a shame Japanese support has been so pitiful for my console of choice this gen but my backlog is ridiculously big anyway and it keeps getting bigger >_<'.

I'm not getting behind Sony again after how frustrating my Vita & PS3 experience was, especially the downright lazy way they handle the UK and treat us like such an afterthought.

PS4 Pro launches today, anyone bought one? I nearly picked one up on way home from work but common sense prevailed (being that I generally don't play the PS4 much at present).

FF XV will have a Pro Patch at launch for 4k support and that may well prompt a purchase if it runs poorly on the base ps4.

If it makes you feel any better, I've played the Berserk game it's it's a big ol pile of meh, and I say that as someone who loves warriors games and the Berserk franchise.

PS4 Pro launches today, anyone bought one? I nearly picked one up on way home from work but common sense prevailed (being that I generally don't play the PS4 much at present).

FF XV will have a Pro Patch at launch for 4k support and that may well prompt a purchase if it runs poorly on the base ps4.
I've not got one yet but I'll most likely grab one sooner or later. Tbh I was kinda waiting on a decent chunk of actual footage of games running on the thing before I jump in.

Like yourself though FFXV running poorly on the OG PS4 will most likely be the thing that pushes me to the Pro but more because they're talking about a patch for a 1080p/60fps mode rather that 4k. Not that I expect them to hit 60fps right enough but I also think if it runs poorly at 1080p on the old PS4 it'll run poorly at 4k on the Pro too. I'd rather have a 1080/30fps mode with better IQ tbh.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm yet to find another Warriors game that has as much content packed into it as the mainline Dynasty Warriors games too. The one I really wanted to play was the Gundam one - but that was PS3 only and never got a PS4 port.

Persona 5 have been delayed to April, but will have free Japanese VA dlc.

Idea Factory will be releasing Mary Skelter Nightmares, Hakuouki Kyoto Winds for the PS Vita in the west. They will also be bringing Dark Rose Valkyrie for PS4 and Fairy Fencer F: Dark Advent Force for Steam.

It really sucks that it's been delayed but I really hope it's because they're going back and rerecording some of the English dub.....well that's what I would have said if they didn't also confirm the Japanese audio will also be available now! Great news, but still bummed about the delay, then again there ain't really a shortage of games in and around Feb/March so I'm sure I'll survive.....maybe.

PuyoPuyo Tetrris PS4 trophies has appeared in English.

Looks like a fun game, hopefully it does come out here.

If it gets a physical release I'll be up for it. If not I'll get the Japanese version (the SEGA price cut titles don't affect the game's front covers and spine which is a surprise).

Incredibly speculative, but I noticed that my local Game was advertising Breath of the Wild with a March release date. A placeholder or perhaps they may know something?

I think it's a placeholder date, it would be great if it was releasing then.

There are rumours that a US and Japanese March release is locked, the only issue for Nintendo Europe is that the game would need to be localised in lots of languages (and there may not have been time to do that). If the rumours of the Switch being region-free are true, importing it might be possible?

Not sure if anyone else cares, but Guilty Gear Xrd REV is getting an update (it will be available as a standalone release or as paid DLC for those with REV), I really want them to focus on fixing online ranked, but I know they won't ;_; on the plus side, BAIKEN!! She's such a god damn badass.....

Fire Emblem Warriors will be coming to the new 3DS as well
New Fire Emblem game announced for the Nintendo Switch
Fire Emblem Gaiden remake coming to the 3DS family in May called Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia, as well as Alm and Cecelia amiibo
Fire Emblem Heroes F2P mobile game announced

Back