Agreed with everything about the series. (Still think end of eva is a disgraceful insult to the series)

I'll second that about the video. I've no doubt harped on enough about End of Eva being a masterpiece to me. Don't get me wrong, my reaction to it on my first watch was disgust and confusion, but ultimately it did play a formative role in iron-cladding my psyche to deal with everything life throws at us and through all the negativity I do believe that it's ultimate message is a positive one and from a source of love for oneself and others regardless of incompatibilities, etc. I will always have huge respect for Anno for his bravery and honesty in sharing his inner demons with us through this work.

I've no doubt harped on enough about End of Eva being a masterpiece to me. Don't get me wrong, my reaction to it on my first watch was disgust and confusion
Personally, I was transfixed watching The End of Evangelion for the first time.

I must've been even more disturbed at that time in my life than I gave myself credit for. 😛

"Masterpiece" is a word I'd honestly use to describe the film too — a brutally uncompromising masterpiece. I utterly admire its vision.

Was wondering if anyone here has read this Wikipedia page that has some interesting stuff on it about psychological concepts relevant to Evangelion's themes? My dad hasn't seen Evangelion but he's interested in things like mythology, etymology, pagan and pre-Christian religion, so he sent me this as he thought I might find it interesting. I, in turn, am posting it here as I think others here might find it interesting :)

Really interesting video. The guy is a bit dry and the comments are an interesting mix of people agreeing with him and others who think he's off the mark (especially concerning Eva) but it's a pretty thought provoking piece about both shows.

A couple of recent Eva tidbits.

First, this lovely promotional reel for the upcoming Japanese BD release of Evangelion 3.0+1.11. WARNING: CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE FILM!

And also, some teaser images have dropped for Evangelion 3.0 (–46h), a video extra that will be included on the aforementioned home release. Follow this external link to Anime Trending.

A couple of recent Eva tidbits.

First, this lovely promotional reel for the upcoming Japanese BD release of Evangelion 3.0+1.11. WARNING: CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE FILM!

And also, some teaser images have dropped for Evangelion 3.0 (–46h), a video extra that will be included on the aforementioned home release. Follow this external link to Anime Trending.
Oooh more Eva goodies, had been wondering when they were going to finally release the blurays in Japan. Can't wait for the UK release but guessing that will be another year away? That promotional reel is gorgeous, just reminded of how bloody good that movie is and what a lovely way to say goodbye to Eva.

Edit: thanks for sharing dude, I was oblivious!

Hi All,

Got a question.
I will be in HMV tomorrow and on my possible list is a set of films Evangelion 1.11 2.22 3.33 as they are between £4-6 each.
Are they okay to watch without having seen anything else?
I am hoping to jump in at this point.
My special ability is being able to enjoy something for what it is and not worry about what happened before.

Back