Yeah they stopped selling Discotek titles ages ago, so very peculiar that this popped up, and Baldios of all titles.
Part of me wished I could go back in time and pick up all of those now OOP Mecha shows such as this, GoShogun, and especially Dancouga ( My order for that got canceled due to out-of-control hoarding in the US side) PAIN...

I hope they could eventually re-license that again with the better video masters and include God Bless Dancouga movie, which is funny enough my favorite thing to come out from that series.

Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo Blu-ray is back in stock for now on Crunchyroll's store so I got that ordered. Actually gave up on owning it but thankfully I held off looking elsewhere for copies.

I added Kiss x Sis' OVA series and Re:Cutie Honey to get the free shipping lol, so one is not like the other in this haul.

UPDATE: Also back in stock for now:

07-Ghost (Blu-ray)
Babel II (Blu-ray)
EAT-MAN & EAT-MAN '98 (SD-BD)
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight (Blu-ray)
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret (Blu-ray)
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza (Blu-ray)
Kamen no Maid Guy (Blu-ray)
The Legend of Black Heaven (Blu-ray)
Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon (Blu-ray)
Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger (Blu-ray & DVD)
Sea Prince and the Fire Child (Blu-ray)
Tekkaman Blade II (Blu-ray)
Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday (Blu-ray & DVD)
Tomorrow's Joe the Movie (Blu-ray & DVD)

Last edited:
Discotek's May 2024 line-up was revealed on social media. They are skipping April due to various issues going on for distributors like disc replication and shipping.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Belladonna of Sadness$39.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film4K UHD HDR
& Blu-ray
Chie the Brat$69.95Japanese
with English Subs
64 episodesBlu-ray
Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 2$79.95English
with English HOH Subs
50 episodesBlu-ray
Hurricane Polymar
破裏拳ポリマー
$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[TOKU TIME]
Blu-ray
IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix$69.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
26 episodesBlu-ray
Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple: The Attack of Darkness$39.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
11 episodesBlu-ray
Lightspeed Electroid Albegas$59.95Japanese
with English Subs
45 episodesSD-BD
Sex and Fury
不良姐御伝 猪の鹿お蝶
$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray

Remaining:
  • Digimon Adventure 02
  • Digimon Movie Collection 01
  • Futakoi Alternative
  • Lupin the Third: Princess of the Breeze
  • Lupin the Third: The Secret Page of Marco Polo
  • Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
  • Mazinkaizer: The OVA Collection
  • Reborn! Special Fan Disc
  • Sgt. Frog Seasons 5-7 Collection
  • Space Emperor God Sigma
  • Tona-Gura!
  • Urusei Yatsura: The OVA Series

Discotek has announced that both seasons of Grimm's Fairy Tales will be expiring this year. So if you have yet to pick either SD-BD releases, best to get it sooner than later. Their wording does imply they can reprint it before the year is over so I suppose it has a better chance of sticking around than just hoarding the stock in seconds.

I wonder if the license window is due to the English version included with the release.

First few posts have finally been updated! It's interesting to see that Discotek have managed to get through almost all of their pre-2024 announced titles now, with Digimon Adventure 02, Digimon Movie Collection 1 and Sgt. Frog Seasons 5-7 collection the remaining ones left to be released. Of course we do have the various number of titles revealed during the latest Discotek Day stream like Mazinkaizer OVAs and Urusei Yatsura OVAs but I expect they will get all of those new additions sorted by July.

Other than that, one of the Discotek members has recommended people pick up IGPX sooner than later due to what's going on with Warner Bros writing off a bunch of properties. While it's a co-production with Production I.G., you never know what can happen.

More out of print releases now listed:

AnimeSRPAudioContentReleased
Angel's 3Piece
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$39.95Japanese12 eps
March 2020
Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$39.95Japanese12 eps
March 2020
Black Jack the Movie
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$24.95English
Japanese
Film
December 2016
Caligula
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$39.95Japanese12 eps
August 2020
Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$69.95English
Japanese
51 eps
June 2019
Elemental Gelade$49.95English
Japanese
26 eps
December 2018
Kemono Friends
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$69.95English
Japanese
12 eps
September 2019
Konosuba Season 1 (Steelbook)
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95English
Japanese
11 eps
April 2022
Konosuba Season 2 (Steelbook)
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95English
Japanese
11 eps
September 2022
The Law of Ueki$59.95English
Japanese
51 eps
July 2018
Magical Girl Ore$39.95Japanese12 eps
May 2021
Mitchiri Neko$19.95Japanese13 eps
August 2021
Mon Colle Knights (English ver.)
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95English46 eps
May 2022
To Be Hero & To Be Heroine$29.95Japanese19 eps
October 2022
Yowamushi Pedal Season 1
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$59.95Japanese38 eps
June 2019
Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road (Season 2)
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95Japanese24 eps
December 2019
Yowamushi Pedal: Next Generation (Season 3)$39.95Japanese25 eps
June 2022

A majority of these are from the Crunchyroll partnership which I predicted would be in this situation. Some of these (Cyborg 009 & Mon Colle Knights Dub) are also somewhat predictable due to the long journey of getting those assets sorted. Never the less, it's always sad to see them leave the 'in stock' status.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon and both Konosuba seasons are currently available in the UK by Anime Limited.

UPDATE/EDIT: Just to help some folks, the following are not listed as going out of print in this batch but are also Crunchyroll licenses that Discotek still has in their 'in print' status. I strongly recommend getting these sooner to avoid the rush:
  • Aho-Girl
  • As Miss Beelzebub Likes It
  • Girly Air Force
  • Holmes of Kyoto
  • Isuca
  • Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles
  • Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood
  • Planet With
  • Poco's Udon World
  • Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san

Last edited:
Discotek themselves have publicly posted that a few more are expected to go out of print in the coming months:

AnimeSRPAudioContentReleased
Chargeman Ken$39.95Japanese65 eps
November 2023
Lupin the Third Part V$69.95English
Japanese
24 eps
October 2021
Video Warrior Laserion$59.95Japanese45 eps
June 2021

Discotek has had the license for Chargeman Ken for years since they released it for streaming and on DVD so it's no surprise that time is almost up for it. Lupin the Third Part V going before Part IV is rather surprising, but it's possible it could come back or its being moved over to Sentai who has Part 6. And Video Warrior Laserion is one of the older mecha shows that wouldn't sell enough to keep long-term in all fairness.

I’ll have to get Chargeman Ken sooner than later but having just placed an order yesterday I wish that had been listed sooner as a title looking to go OOP.

Damm Discotek is just getting rid most of their stuff at this point.

Is this some rotation for eventually new titles.
I hope they bring back some older Discotek stuff on BD in the near future.

I was briefly interested into buying Video Warrior Laserion, but after watching the first couple of episodes, I decided the show isn't for me.
Not bad, but not my cup of tea.
Similar to Honey and Clover, I wouldn't be upset if I missed out.

Last edited:
Two pre-Toku Time titles are going out of print now that they're listed on the website:

1710590512170.png1710590572825.png

Live-Action Name:Content:Year:Audio:Released:
Megabeast Investigator Juspion
巨獣特捜ジャスピオン
Shozo Uehara
TV: 46 episodes
1985​
Japanese
27th August '19
$49.95
Message from Space: Galactic Wars
宇宙からのメッセージ・銀河大戦
Shotaro Ishinomori
TV: 27 episodes
1978​
Japanese
29th October '19
$49.95

CR Store still has stock for Message from Space for those interested.

My second Discotek Media haul from Stackry for this year has arrived today (excluding one of them which arrived via Rarewaves instead).

I'll have overall photos later this week, but took today to check the discs. A few of these have been covered already but others I also tested for the sake of it.

To recap, there are two methods tested - traditional top-menu i.e. on PS5, and Panasonic top-menu method (pressing Stop, then Top-Menu afterwards).

Here's the results:
Anime
Disc Region / Top-Menu​
Panasonic Method​
Released​
Girly Air Force
A Locked
Success
December 2021
Kiss x Sis
A Locked
Success
January 2021
Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 1
Top-Menu Disc 2
A Locked Discs 1 & 3
Success
April 2019
Kyo Kara Maoh! Season 2
A Locked
Success
September 2019
Kyo Kara Maoh! R
A Locked
Success
November 2019
Kyo Kara Maoh! 3
A Locked
Success
April 2020
Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 1
A Locked
(Already tested by RaeDra)
Success
April 2021
Lady Oscar: The Rose of Versailles Collection 2
Top-Menu Disc 1
A Locked Disc 2
Success
June 2021
The Law of Ueki
A Locked
A Locked
July 2018
Magical Girl Ore
A Locked
Success
May 2021
Re: Cutie Honey
A Locked
A Locked
August 2023
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
A Locked
Success
(No access to Pop-Up Menu)
September 2015

Aho Girl 1.gif

The Discotek shelf has grown since I first started collecting their Blu-rays back in April 2022:

Discotek shelf 1.jpg

Currently at 134 of their releases (131 Blu-rays, 3 4K Ultra HD). I do need to replace a lot of their Blu-ray cases because they are not very safe in protecting the discs because of how tough it is to take them off and back in (which can cause damage to the ring centre of the disc).

Where is better to buy discotek releases from, Amazon US or Crunchyroll? I’m assuming with CR, I’ll have to pay additional import duty where as Amazon it’s a part of the price?

Where is better to buy discotek releases from, Amazon US or Crunchyroll? I’m assuming with CR, I’ll have to pay additional import duty where as Amazon it’s a part of the price?

Yeah, with Amazon the price is all included, with Crunchyroll they don't ship to the U.K. when it comes to home video.

Myself and a lot of other users on here use a forwarding service when buying from the Crunchyroll Store, Stackry to be specific.

Here is a thread which explains how it all works, it'll do a much better job than I would trying to explain it.

Personally (and I can probably speak for others on here) I prefer using the Crunchyroll Store due to the much better packaging than what Amazon use.

Question about Giant Robo The Day the Earth Stood Still set.

I'm planning on buying it at Amazon US store and the Ginrei OVA is a separate release. Is the Ginrei OVA a necessary watch or skip?

Also, is the set region A only as I have a multi region Blu-ray player and this is the first time I'm planning on buying a Discotek release.

Thanks

Back