An update to the out of print Discotek titles, here's the ones that are currently now sold out on the store:
  • Babel II
  • Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
  • Haruka Nogizaka's Secret
  • Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza
  • Kamen no Maid Guy
  • Konosuba Season 2
  • The Legend of Black Heaven
  • Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon
  • Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger
  • Sea Prince and the Fire Child
  • Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
  • Space Warrior Baldios the Movie
  • Tekkaman Blade II
  • Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday
  • Tomorrow's Joe the Movie
Still available currently:
  • 07-Ghost
  • Big Order
  • Brave 10
  • The Great Passage
  • Honey and Clover
  • Honey and Clover II
  • NieA_7
  • Nutcracker Fantasy
  • She and Her Cat -Everything Flows-
  • Sister Princess
  • Sister Princess RePure
  • Submarine Super 99

Does anyone know 100% if the Panasonic trick works on their 1080p players as well? I really want Getter Robo Armageddon and Giant Robo OVA (not confirmed to work on B players either way) but I'm scared
What's your Panasonic Blu-ray player code so that we can see if its among the ones that will work (I assume it will but want to play it safe).

Discotek Media's website updated again which included another batch of discontinued titles. It's causing another spike in reactions as per usual.

Blu-ray:

AnimeSRPAudioContentReleased
Dinosaur King Season 1$59.95English49 eps
November 2018
Dinosaur King Season 2$39.95English30 eps
November 2018
EAT-MAN & EAT-MAN '98$49.95Japanese24 eps
June 2018
Library Wars$39.95Japanese12 eps
February 2018
Miss Machiko$59.95Japanese95 eps
February 2021
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Japanese ver.)$39.95Japanese52 eps
June 2019
Yowamushi Pedal Re:RIDE & Re:ROAD$24.95Japanese2 Films
July 2019

I managed to get Library Wars, Miss Machiko and Yowamushi Pedal Re:RIDE & Re:ROAD in previous hauls but I still had yet to order EAT-MAN & EAT-MAN '98. Crunchyroll store sold out as soon as I put the item in the basket but I managed to find one elsewhere for more though (but using Stackry to balance costs).

I am hoping this is the last OOP batch for the time being. I don't mind updates like this but when you have Twitter users promoting it on social media it's just causing more problems than it should. Not saying its their fault but every time this happens its because of something like that.

Last edited:
Both seasons of Dinosaur King and Brave10 have now gone from the CR store as well. The former I didn’t have much interest in, being an English Dub-only release and the latter I realise I have the NISA release for, but would have double-dipped.

I do hope though that people can get the sets they want without too much hassle elsewhere - I remember how costly it was getting titles from Amazon.Jp last year.

Mini-update to the out of print Discotek titles, here's the ones that are currently now sold out on the store:
  • Babel II
  • Brave 10
  • Dinosaur King Season 1
  • Dinosaur King Season 2
  • EAT-MAN & EAT-MAN '98
  • Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight
  • The Great Passage
  • Haruka Nogizaka's Secret
  • Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza
  • Kamen no Maid Guy
  • Konosuba Season 2
  • The Legend of Black Heaven
  • Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon
  • Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger
  • Miss Machiko
  • Nutcracker Fantasy
  • Sea Prince and the Fire Child
  • Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
  • Space Warrior Baldios the Movie
  • Tekkaman Blade II
  • Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday
  • Tomorrow's Joe the Movie
  • The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (English Version)
  • The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Japanese Version)
Still available currently:
  • 07-Ghost
  • Big Order
  • Honey and Clover
  • Honey and Clover II
  • Library War
  • NieA_7
  • She and Her Cat -Everything Flows-
  • Sister Princess
  • Sister Princess RePure
  • Submarine Super 99
  • Yowamushi Pedal the Movie
  • Yowamushi Pedal Re:RIDE & Re:ROAD
EDIT:
  • The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (English Version) now moved to 'Sold Out' list as of 26th Dec.
EDIT #2:
  • The Great Passage now moved to 'Sold Out' list as of 27th Dec.
EDIT #3:
  • Miss Machiko now moved to 'Sold Out' list as of 28th Dec.

Last edited:
Discotek has revealed their next YouTube livestream which is scheduled for Tuesday 9th January 2am UK time. This will cover more new announcements and very likely their March 2024 release schedule.

I don't expect any new updates on Digimon Adventure 02 & the films, since it'll probably be a long ways away, but I am curious if they have updates related to Medarot Spirits and Sgt. Frog since both of these have yet to be sorted completely, and have been licensed for a while. In the previous livestream, they literally thought Medarot Spirits was out already until the viewers corrected them (so its possible the release is done but they forgot to schedule it).

In terms of Lupin the Third, we have 3 TV specials that have yet to be released on home video as well as 2 OVAs, the Part II television series and 5 TV specials that have yet to be released on Blu-ray. However, one of the OVAs; The Fuma Conspiracy, is with TOHO so that's not going to happen for a long while especially considering The Legend of the Gold of Babylon film has recently discontinued.

Wanted to provide an update related to the Crunchyroll Store orders that I made in relation to the Discotek OOP December batches.

To recap, I made two orders and the second order included OOP titles Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday and Tomorrow's Joe the Movie. Both of these had sold out fairly fast, at least within 24 hours of placing the order. This order as of today has been dispatched.

Worth mentioning that both orders were paid via PayPal, and because of Crunchyroll's automated system that set the address for the billing based on what was used on PayPal, the billing address on the order was my home address while the main delivery address is still towards the forwarding service. This process didn't cause any issues thankfully as I know some folks here paid straight via their card and were able to edit their billing address.

UPDATE (as of 9pm, the first order (which are all OOP titles, but only one of them sold out days after I made the order) did in fact dispatch as well!). But now that I know both orders were sorted, it does give me more confidence to continue making orders and pre-orders on Crunchyroll's store going forward.

Last edited:
I’ve placed an order which contains some of the January and February titles so couldn’t use PayPal. Whilst my card was initially charged the full amount, the charge was then adjusted to exclude said pre-order titles and some other items from the order. I am getting the items sent to Stackry so will update the thread if there are any issues I can make users here aware of, but I’m hoping it’s a smooth process as usual.

My AoA preorders arrived at Stackry (separately a week apart so are currently being merged) but I didn’t notice CR took the preorder payment off as it initially charged me so I had a surprise when it came out again.

DISCOTEK PANEL: NEW YEAR CLANG (JAN '24) EDITION:

Discotek returns to the YouTube scene with another selection new announcements and updates.

Due to the anticipation of one license I'm getting the names of the titles mentioned first and will add the additional info when I return from work later this afternoon.

Announcement #1 | Urusei Yatsura: The OVA Series
OVA Series - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 1987 series by studios Magic Bus, Madhouse & Sunrise.
  • All 11 episodes on one Blu-ray disc collection.
  • Japanese with AnimEigo's classic English subtitles which have been polished.
  • 10 episodes are HD native but 1 episode is upscaled using best materials available.
  • With this release, all of the 80s Urusei Yatsura is now officially available on US Blu-ray (Beautiful Dreamer is still OOP with them still looking into reprinting it).
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #2 | Mazinkaizer: The OVA Collection
  • 2001 series by studio Brain's Base.
  • All 7 episodes on one Blu-ray collection.
  • Japanese with English subtitles + ADV English dub.
  • Brand new upscale to preserve the grainy look.
  • Discotek recently released the Mazinkaizer vs Shogun of Darkness film so this is the content that comes before that!
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #3 | Lupin the Third: The Secret Page of Marco Polo
TV Special - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2012 television special (23rd Lupin special) by studio TMS Entertainment
  • Japanese with English subtitles
  • One of the first widescreen HD Lupin anime, no longer needing to deinterlace the specials.
  • Extras include TV Promo clips and extensive liner notes.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #4 | Lupin the Third: Princess of the Breeze
TV Special - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2013 television special (24th Lupin special) by studio TMS Entertainment
  • Extras include TV Promo clips and extensive liner notes.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #5 | Space Emperor God Sigma
TV Series - SD on Blu-ray
  • 1980 series by studio Academy Productions and produced by Toei Animation.
  • All 50 episodes presented in one Standard Definition on Blu-ray disc collection.
  • Takeyuki Kanda (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team) directed the first 10 episodes while Katsuhiko Taguchi directed the rest.
  • Original video masters and while they are a bit rough, they are presented in its best possible quality.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #6 | Lightspeed Electroid Albegas
  • 1983 series by Toei Animation
  • All 45 episodes presented in one Standard Definition on Blu-ray disc collection.
  • Directed by Kozo Morishita.
  • Koichi Ohata (Robot Designer for Gunbuster, Director of Maken-Ki! & Storyboarder for Redo of Healer) drew the mechanical designs for this series.
  • Known as "the one weird gladiator version of Voltron that showed up in toy stores, but the series it was based on never appeared on television".
  • Original video masters and while they are a bit rough, they are presented in its best possible quality.
  • 2024 release window
Recap | TOKU TIME
The current Tokusatsu collection available (and still in print) by Discotek for Toku Time are:
  • Space Sheriff Gavan
  • Kamen Rider Black
  • Kamen Rider Black Rx
  • Cutie Honey the Live!
  • Megabeast Investigator Juspion
  • Message from Space: Galactic Wars
More Tokusatsu is coming, just not ready yet.

Status Update #0 | Space Sheriff Sharivan (宇宙刑事シャリバン)
TV Series - TOKU TIME Blu-ray (HD)
  • 1983 television series directed by Shozo Uehara
  • All 51 episodes in one Blu-ray collection set.
  • Previously announced during social media at Christmas time.
  • The second instalment in Toei's Metal Hero series.
  • This was filmed in 16mm film and looks good in HD.
  • Extras include Promo clip, Reunion interview featuring Hiroshi Watari (Den) & Yumiko Furaya (Lily), new liner notes by Tokusatsu expert Mach Dent, and Production Gallery.
Announcement #7 | Lovely Complex: The Movie (ラブ☆コン)
Film - Nihon Nights Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2006 film directed by Kitaji Ishikawa
  • Japanese with English subtitles (Japanese 2.0 & 5.1)
  • The live-action adaptation of the Lovely Complex manga series (Discotek released the anime), adapted by prominent drama screenwriter Osamu Suzuki (who also wrote One Piece Film: Z).
  • Starring Ema Fujisawa as Risa Koizumi and Teppei Koike as Atsushi Otami.
  • High Definition native digital transfer.
  • March 2024 release window
Announcement #8 | Sex & Fury (不良姐御伝 猪の鹿お蝶)
Film - Nihon Nights Blu-ray (HD)
  • 1973 film directed by Norifumi Suzuki
  • Pinky violence film, one of the more famous Japanese films from the 70s.
  • Predecessor to the Female Yakuza Tale film (which Discotek released) which also stars Reiko Ike as Ocho Inoshika.
  • Brand new HD remaster of the film by Toei.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #9 | The Little Mermaid
Film - Blu-ray (HD) (previously released on DVD)
  • 1975 film by studio Toei Animation
  • Japanese with English subtitles + vintage English dub
  • Brand new gorgeous HD remaster from the 35mm by Toei
  • Also included is a newly discovered English trailer reconstructed in HD.
  • They also found the Japanese LaserDisc and used the audio from there for this release.
  • Also contains the Japanese trailer and clean opening & ending songs.
  • Subtitles touched up from the previous Discotek DVD release.
Release Update #1 | Sgt. Frog Seasons 5-7
  • 2008-2010 series by studio Sunrise
  • Episodes 206-358, all remaining episodes together in one set across 3 SD-BD discs.
  • Was announced ages ago but finally updated.
  • Extras to be determined.
  • Sgt Frog is a very reference/pun heavy series that it's taking a while to translate the series properly.
  • 2024 release window
Release Update #2 | Medabots Spirits (Medarot Damashii)
  • 2000 series by studio Bee Train
  • All 39 uncut versions of the original Japanese version (Japanese with English subtitles).
  • Was announced ages ago but finally updated.
  • The reason this took so long is because both Discotek and the Japanese committee had no idea what to name this series.
  • (bonus note: this will be the last time in a while before Discotek looks into another long-running kids series)
Announcement #10 | Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
TV Series - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2005 series by studio Seven Arcs
  • All 13 episodes
  • Japanese with English subtitles + classic Bang Zoom! English dub
  • Coming back to home video after its original release by Geneon Entertainment.
  • The series has been upscaled to high definition.
  • Extras subject to licensor approval so to be determined (if all approved, it will be a very packed disc).
  • If you want more magical girl shows you have to buy the magical girl shows (Saint Tail, Nanoha etc) to see more of these released in the west.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #11 | Futakoi Alternative
TV Series - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2005 series by studio Feel, Studio Flag & Ufotable.
  • All 13 episodes
  • The second series in the Futakoi franchise, many characters return but with different roles.
  • Directed by Takayuki Hirao (GOD EATER, Kara no Kyoukai: Paradox Spiral, Manabi Straight & Pompo: The Cinéphile)
  • Character designs by Mutsumi Sasaki (Chaos;Head)
  • Upscaled to High Definition.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #12 | Tona-Gura!
TV Series - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2006 series by studio Daume (DearS)
  • 13 episodes
  • Based on the manga by Hidetaka Kakei, the anime got caught up by the US licensing crash during the mid-00s.
  • Another harem comedy coming to the west.
  • Upscaled to High Definition.
  • 2024 release window
Release Update #3 | Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 2, Digimon Adventure 02 & Movie Collection 1
TV Series & Films - Blu-ray (HD)
  • "Digimon the Movies: We're working on it, we hope to have details soon...ish"
  • "Digimon Season 2: We hope the English dub release will be coming really soon."
  • Packaging and materials are still subject to approvals.
Release Update #4 | Chie the Brat & IGPX
TV Series & Films - Blu-ray (HD)
  • Chie the Brat 1st TV series is still waiting on final thumbs up before it will be available to pre-order.
  • IGPX the packaging and set has been approved and discs are finished, just waiting for final thumbs up.
Announcement #13 | Reborn! Special Fan Disc
TV Series - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 2006 series by studio Artland.
  • The series is already available by Discotek across two SD-BD releases but this is a special case.
  • Reborn! is 203 episodes long and too long to dub, but Kocha Sound were fans and dubbed 3 fan-favourite episodes of the TV series as a test to see if there's demand.
  • A lot of dubbing studios apparently approached Discotek about dubbing the series but Discotek considers it a big risk. There's no plans to do any more dubs for the series, this is just a special case for the fans.
  • The episodes included are 1, 20 & 77.
  • There is an OVA that wasn't part of the TV license but wasn't worth releasing on its own, but Kocha Sound also dubbed that episode and will be included in this special release.
  • Veronica Taylor (Ash from Pokemon) voices Reborn in the English dub.
  • Brittany Lauda is the ADR Director & Producer for the dub project.
  • While the original series was presented in SD-BD, this release will be upscaled in High Definition.
  • Japanese with English subtitles is also included.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #14 | Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple: The Attack of Darkness
  • 2012 series by studio Brain's Base.
  • All 11 episodes in one collection.
  • This is the OVA series that was never released in the west previously (Funimation only released the TV series). Discotek has released the TV series on Blu-ray across two season sets.
  • Japanese with English subtitles + new English dub by Sound Cadence with most of the Funimation cast reprising their roles.
  • Only one M&E track which was low quality was available for the English dub.
  • 2024 release window
Announcement #15 | Berserk (1997 series)
TV Series - Blu-ray (HD)
  • 1997 series by studio OLM (Gunsmith Cats, Guyver, Pokemon).
  • All 25 episodes across two Blu-ray discs.
  • Japanese with English subtitles + classic NYAV Post English dub.
  • Directed by Naohito Takahashi (To Heart) and composed by Susumu Hirasawa (Paranoia Agent, Paprika).
  • Native HD scan with some redone text screens. It's the same HD transfer used for the Japanese BD-Box and the UK/AU release.
  • All extras from previous releases, including the Opening & Ending Collection, English Outtakes, Paint It Berserk, Storyboard Selection, Trailers, TV Spots, Forces Full Version and Art Gallery, are on this release.
  • Discotek's new Blu-ray trailer also included.
  • Discotek encoded their own version but they said it shouldn't be hugely different to the UK/AU Blu-ray release. Subtitles will look visually better on the Discotek release but no mention of revised translations.

Discotek's March 2024 line-up was revealed during the panel.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Berserk (1997)$59.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
25 episodesBlu-ray
Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior:
Legend of Kenshiro
$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Futakoi$29.95Japanese
with English Subs
13 episodesBlu-ray
The Little Mermaid$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Lovely Complex: The Movie
ラブ☆コン
$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray
Medabots Spirits$--.95Japanese
with English Subs
39 episodesSD-BD

Last edited:
Announcement #9 | The Little Mermaid
Film - Blu-ray (HD) (previously released on DVD)
  • 1975 film by studio Toei Animation
  • Japanese with English subtitles + vintage English dub
  • Brand new gorgeous HD remaster from the 35mm by Toei
  • Also included is a newly discovered English trailer reconstructed in HD.
  • They also found the Japanese LaserDisc and used the audio from there for this release.
  • Also contains the Japanese trailer and clean opening & ending songs.
  • Subtitles touched up from the previous Discotek DVD release.

Maybe one day Discotek will release one of the good Toei Doga films :p

A few of the Discotek titles like Dinosaur King Seasons 1 & 2 and Sea Prince and the Fire Child have come back in stock (for now anyways) on the Crunchyroll store.

My Discotek Media haul from Stackry (via mostly came from Crunchyroll Store with one from Otaku Market eBay) arrived today.

I'll have overall photos this weekend, but took today to check the discs. Some of these have been covered already but others I also tested for the sake of it.

To recap, there are two methods tested - traditional top-menu i.e. on PS5, and Panasonic top-menu method (pressing Stop, then Top-Menu afterwards).

Here's the results:
Anime
Disc Region / Top-Menu​
Panasonic Method​
Released​
07-Ghost
A Locked
Success
November 2019
Brave 10
A Locked
(B for Infinite Menu Loop)