Discotek's February 2024 line-up has finally been revealed, which includes a brand new license for Toku Time fans.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure$39.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
14 episodesSD-BD
Extreme Dinosaurs$39.95English
with English HOH Subs
52 episodesSD-BD
Hand Maid May$34.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
11 episodesBlu-ray
Kamikaze Girls
下妻物語
$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray
Puss 'N Boots Around the World$19.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
RAINBOW$49.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
26 episodesBlu-ray
Space Sheriff Sharivan
宇宙刑事シャリバン
$69.95Japanese
with English Subs
51 episodes
[TOKU TIME]
Blu-ray

Unreleased List so far:
Discotek:
  • Belladonna of Sadness (4K HDR)
  • Chie the Brat
  • Digimon Adventure 02 (Japanese version of Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 2)
  • Digimon Movie Collection 1
  • Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 2 (English version of Digimon Adventure 02)
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior: Zero: Legend of Kenshiro
  • Futakoi
  • IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix
  • Medarot Damashii (Japanese version of Medabots Spirits) (SD-BD)
  • Sgt. Frog Season 5 + 6 + 7
Toku TIme:
  • Hurricane Polymar (破裏拳ポリマー)

Last edited:
I took too long making this post so I got beaten to the punch but I'll keep it anyway as it adds a bit more context for each title on the Blu-ray list.

Blu-ray:
AnimeSRPAudioContentReleased
07-Ghost$49.95Japanese25 eps
November 2019
Babel II$24.95English & Japanese4 OVAs
July 2018
Big Order
[Available in the UK via Anime Limited]
$39.95Japanese10 eps & OVA
November 2020
Brave 10$39.95Japanese12 eps
February 2021
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight$39.95Japanese13 eps
April 2019
The Great Passage$39.95Japanese11 eps
February 2020
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret$44.95Japanese12 eps
June 2018
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza$44.95Japanese12 eps
June 2018
Honey and Clover Season 1$49.95English & Japanese24 eps
March 2020
Honey and Clover Season 2$39.95English & Japanese12 eps
April 2020
Kamen no Maid Guy$49.95Japanese12 eps
March 2020
Konosuba Season 2
$49.95Japanese10 eps & OVA
February 2021
The Legend of Black Heaven$39.95English & Japanese13 eps
January 2021
Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon$29.95English & JapaneseFilm
November 2018
Nutcracker Fantasy$24.95English & JapaneseFilm
November 2019
Sea Prince and the Fire Child$24.95English & JapaneseFilm
June 2017
She and Her Cat -Everything Flow-$24.95English & Japanese4 eps
May 2020
Shin Getter Robo vs New Getter Robo$24.95Japanese4 eps
September 2015
Sister Princess$59.95English & Japanese26 eps
June 2018
Sister Princess RePure$39.95Japanese13 eps
June 2018
Submarine Super 99$39.95Japanese13 eps
March 2021
Tekkaman Blade II$29.95English & Japanese6 eps
September 2016

Blu-ray & DVD combo pack:
Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger$29.95English & JapaneseTV Special
July 2016
NieA_7
[Available in the UK via MVM Entertainment]
$39.95English & Japanese13 eps
February 2018
Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday$39.95JapaneseFilm
January 2019
Tomorrow's Joe the Movie$29.95JapaneseFilm
March 2018

ManabiStraightPain.png

I managed to pickup most of the Blu-rays throughout the past 12-15 months, but I still needed at least 8 of them. So I placed my first Crunchyroll Store order to get 07-Ghost, Brave 10, Honey & Clover Seasons 1 & 2, and She and Her Cat. I forgot to get Tomorrow's Joe the Movie so I'll order that soon.

Yeah sorry about that @NormanicGrav.

I have most of the titles on the list but will look to fill in the remaining gaps. Honey and Clover is well worth the watch for anyone on the fence about getting it before the stock runs out.
Ah it's fine don't worry about it. I suppose this is an opportunity for those who have yet to try Stackry (referral link to get $10 off shipping) to give it a shot on the Crunchyroll store since you don't have to worry about the cost of shipping until later for situations like this.

Since it is the holiday season I don't expect my orders to ship out immediately but should be ready for my planned January haul.

Yeah I’m cautious about getting anything shipped directly from the store and Stackry have been consistently good so far so I’ll likely take that route as well. My planned order contains Discotek pre-order titles for Jan and maybe Feb too so will be a wait anyways.

I've had to make 2 orders because I forgot to add Tomorrow's Joe the Movie but I'll use these titles (07-Ghost, Brave 10, Honey and Clover Seasons 1 & 2, She and Her Cat, Tetsujin 24 (2004), Tetsujin 24 Movie & Tomorrow's Joe the Movie) to be part of my January haul. And then use another order later to fill the gaps. Might get newer titles but I do want to make sure I have the older releases secured as well.

(also for those who are interested in Battery the Animation, you may want to get that sooner as it's the same licensor and timeframe as The Great Passage. Some of the titles also included in the OOP list are Crunchyroll releases so see here for more recommendations on how to proceed)

View attachment 31950
From their website: an update on their OOP titles.

Quite a few titles I want here, unfortunately I know I won't be able to get all the ones I want in time due to other things I want and budget etc.

Notable titles are Honey & Clover, Dr. Slump (Movie 1 - 5), Cinderella Boy, Lupin the Third: Part II and Golden Boy.

I can at least see Lupin the Third: Part II getting blu-ray releases down-the-line so the entire series is on blu-ray and though not a part of the series, fingers crossed on Cinderella Boy as well as that is also by Monkey Punch.

Golden Boy I'd say is a popular niche show (in this side of the anime community anyway) so hoping on an eventual blu-ray of that as well. Don't have much hope on the Dr. Slump movies getting a re-release though unless the upcoming Sand Land projects really drive interest in more non-DB Toriyama works.

I took too long making this post so I got beaten to the punch but I'll keep it anyway as it adds a bit more context for each title on the Blu-ray list.

Blu-ray:
07-Ghost$49.95Japanese25 eps
November 2019
Babel II$24.95English & Japanese4 OVAs
July 2018
Big Order
$39.95Japanese10 eps & OVA
November 2020
Brave 10$39.95Japanese12 eps
February 2021
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight$39.95Japanese13 eps
April 2019
The Great Passage$39.95Japanese11 eps
February 2020
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret$44.95Japanese12 eps
June 2018
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret Purezza$44.95Japanese12 eps
June 2018
Honey and Clover Season 1$49.95English & Japanese24 eps
March 2020
Honey and Clover Season 2$39.95English & Japanese12 eps
April 2020
Kamen no Maid Guy$49.95Japanese12 eps
March 2020
Konosuba Season 2
$49.95Japanese10 eps & OVA
February 2021
The Legend of Black Heaven$39.95English & Japanese13 eps
January 2021
Lupin the Third: The Legend of the Gold of Babylon$29.95English & JapaneseFilm
November 2018
Nutcracker Fantasy$24.95English & JapaneseFilm
November 2019
Sea Prince and the Fire Child$24.95English & JapaneseFilm
June 2017
She and Her Cat -Everything Flow-$24.95English & Japanese4 eps
May 2020
Shin Getter Robo vs New Getter Robo$24.95Japanese4 eps
September 2015
Sister Princess$59.95English & Japanese26 eps
June 2018
Sister Princess RePure$39.95Japanese13 eps
June 2018
Submarine Super 99$39.95Japanese13 eps
March 2021
Tekkaman Blade II$29.95English & Japanese6 eps
September 2016

Blu-ray & DVD combo pack:
Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger$29.95English & JapaneseTV Special
July 2016
NieA_7
[Available in the UK via MVM Entertainment]
$39.95English & Japanese13 eps
February 2018
Tetsujin 28: Morning Moon of Midday$39.95JapaneseFilm
January 2019
Tomorrow's Joe the Movie$29.95JapaneseFilm
March 2018

View attachment 31949

I managed to pickup most of the Blu-rays throughout the past 12-15 months, but I still needed at least 8 of them. So I placed my first Crunchyroll Store order to get 07-Ghost, Brave 10, Honey & Clover Seasons 1 & 2, and She and Her Cat. I forgot to get Tomorrow's Joe the Movie so I'll order that soon.
It's worrying how many of those have gone OOP after only 3-4 years.

Legend of the Gold of Babylon going OOP is surprising, unless they are upping it to 4K that stands out as abit strange.

This list has made me fomo buy Legend of Black Heaven and the Honey and Clover BDs, neither of which I had on my wish list anymore but here we are lol. Fortunately I have everything else I want already.

Excited to use Stackry for the first time, I've been using Planet Express for years but the sales tax being in force on RS/CR has left me looking for alternatives so hopefully it all goes well.

From that list the following Blu Ray titles are now (currently) listed as Sold Out on the CR Store:
  • Babel II OVA BD
  • Sea Prince and the Fire Child BD
  • Shin Getter Robo vs New Getter Robo BD (Available on DVD still as of posting)
  • Tekkaman Blade II BD

I'm thinking of using Stackry for ordering some of these from Crunchyroll Store. I've put in my stackry address for delivery. Does anyone know what I should put as my billing address, the stackry one or my actual address? I'm gonna use paypal to pay. ( and I do have that issue of crunchyroll not accepting my phone number)

I'm thinking of using Stackry for ordering some of these from Crunchyroll Store. I've put in my stackry address for delivery. Does anyone know what I should put as my billing address, the stackry one or my actual address? I'm gonna use paypal to pay. ( and I do have that issue of crunchyroll not accepting my phone number)
As I used PayPal my billing address was my home address but the main delivery location is still to Stackry. I know some folks had issues with the phone numbers not working for UK-based but both address slots had used the same Stackry phone number so my orders went through fine.

Rightstuf's name appeared on my Monzo payments, so if you've used Rightstuf before with the US address + PayPal method it'll probably be the same systems here.

Legend of the Gold of Babylon going OOP is surprising, unless they are upping it to 4K that stands out as abit strange.

This list has made me fomo buy Legend of Black Heaven and the Honey and Clover BDs, neither of which I had on my wish list anymore but here we are lol. Fortunately I have everything else I want already.

Excited to use Stackry for the first time, I've been using Planet Express for years but the sales tax being in force on RS/CR has left me looking for alternatives so hopefully it all goes well.
I was gonna ask if you've tried Stackry before a while back when you've been doing your regular Discotek hauls here and there on your YT channel. Happy to see you give it a shot and if you have any queries about the service feel free to ask as I've used Stackry at least 5-6 times at this point, all of which were successful. Heck the recent Sentai Filmworks store haul I did came via Stackry.

Out of the whole OOP list, Honey and Clover is probably the one that threw me off the most, but I made sure I had my order placed this morning. I still need to look into Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo but I'll make a decision later on that.

Does anyone know 100% if the Panasonic trick works on their 1080p players as well? I really want Getter Robo Armageddon and Giant Robo OVA (not confirmed to work on B players either way) but I'm scared

Back