My third Discotek Media haul from Stackry for this year arrived yesterday. Photos of the sets will appear around early morning tomorrow, but I have tested the discs today.

I've also included the prologue title of the haul As Miss Beelzebub Likes in this results list. Like before, a few of these have been covered already but others I also tested for the sake of it.

To recap, there are two methods tested - traditional top-menu i.e. on PS5, and Panasonic top-menu method (pressing Stop, then Top-Menu afterwards).

Here's the results:
Anime
Disc Region / Top-Menu​
Panasonic Method​
Released​
Angel Cop (HD Remaster)
A Locked
A Locked
February 2022
As Miss Beelzebub Likes It.
Top-Menu
Success
May 2022
Barefoot Gen 1 & 2
A Locked
A Locked
December 2017
Beelzebub
A Locked
A Locked
September 2022
BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo
A Locked
Success
(Already tested by RaeDra)
January 2020
Crying Freeman
A Locked
A Locked
November 2023
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
A Locked
A Locked
February 2024
Goku Midnight Eye
A Locked
A Locked
October 2023
Lupin the Third: The Mystery of Mamo
A Locked
Success
March 2022
Lupin the Third: Return of Pycal
A Locked
Success
July 2021
Shin Tetsujin 28
A Locked
Success
January 2019
Tomorrow’s Joe 2: The Movie
A Locked
Success
March 2022
Zatch Bell: 101st Devil & Attack of Mechavulcan
Region B
Success
March 2018

aho-girl-1-gif.33300

We have six more Discotek Media releases going out of print:

AnimeSRPAudioContentReleased
Angel Cop (HD Remastered) (Steelbook Edition)
$49.95​
English
Japanese
6 OVAs
February 2022
Beyblade
$49.95​
English
51 episodes
January 2019
Beyblade G-Revolution
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95​
English
51 episodes
March 2019
Beyblade V-Force
$49.95​
English
52 episodes
February 2019
Cyber City Oedo 808 (HD Remastered) (Steelbook Edition)
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95​
English
Japanese
3 OVAs
July 2022
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (Steelbook Edition)
$49.95​
English
Japanese
Film
August 2022

Worth noting that Angel Cop, Cyber City Oedo 808 and Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture non-steelbook releases are still readily available, however the former two are the original non-HD Remastered versions (though Oedo 808 is available in the UK with this remaster). Angel Cop will probably be re-issued with the HD Remastered disc.

Beyblade franchise continues the streak of classic English edit versions taking a while to sell out and eventually discontinue (it's lasted 5 years at least).

Thanks for the heads up - I’ve already got the Steelbook titles but have nabbed the available Beyblade titles with an eye on the OOS one (used to love playing with those as a child.)

Been hoping AL or MVM will release Angel Cop over here which is why I've held out. As you've said @NormanicGrav hopefully at the very least Discotek will re-issue the standard edition with the HD remaster.

Fatal Fury fortunately has a standard release so I'll just get that eventually and Beyblade I'm fortunately not bothered about but a shame for fans who don't own it all yet.

It's a unfortunate lost for Beyblade, but given how there's a official Beyblade channel that hosts all the plastic gen era of Beyblade, it's not big of a lost.
Even though I mildly interested of grabbing G Revolution only at some point, I think I rather skip for that other Discotek media stuff that interest me like IPGX and Urusei Yatsura.

Although I can't find City Hunter 91 anywhere and I hope that didn't go OOP at well.
Was thinking of picking up the rest of City Hunter on payday as I did end up liking the first episodes of Season 1.

Last edited:
@NormanicGrav Angel Cop has also sold out on CR now. I just ordered it from Amazon. I’ll take my chances on Fatal Fury as I saw City Hunter season 1 available and grabbed that before that too goes OOP.

I also suggest grabbing Cat's Eye now if you can, as that subjected to go OOP at some point due to being somewhat related to City Hunter.
Yeah that’s a next month thing if they are still about. I went a little OTT the other week and I’m still waiting for RE: Cutie Honey, Belladonna of Sadness 4k, Crying Freeman and from Sentai, Parlabor and Locke the Superman to arrive. Plus the OG Cobra TV series arrived today too.

Lots of stuff going out of print isn't a surprise; Justin warned that Discotek's owner was wanting to clear a lot of their older titles out of the warehouse to make room for new stuff. So consider any of Discotek's titles that have been in print a few years to be possibly at risk of disappearing with little warning.

And Justin also commented on the every other month solicits; he said it was due to backlogs on the production end, which required them to change their workflow to compensate.

I have redesigned the release list layout on the first few posts (the DVD section hasn't been updated yet). Want to make it clearer to see whilst getting the info on there that doesn't feel squashed.

I am expecting at least one release slate update before their big Discotek Day panel at Otakon which is set for 2nd-4th August.

Lots of stuff going out of print isn't a surprise; Justin warned that Discotek's owner was wanting to clear a lot of their older titles out of the warehouse to make room for new stuff. So consider any of Discotek's titles that have been in print a few years to be possibly at risk of disappearing with little warning.

And Justin also commented on the every other month solicits; he said it was due to backlogs on the production end, which required them to change their workflow to compensate.

Still find it hilarious that Kimagure Orange Road and Marmalade Boy are still around despite coming out in 2019 and 2018 respectively.

Many series from Discotek come and go, but out of all the OOP titles atm, City Hunter Season 2 and Dancouga were the biggest ones.

Dancouga may not the best 80s mecha around, but it gained such a strong cult following in the retro/80s mecha anime scene.
Ever since it bit the dust, many people especially newer 80s mecha fans have wanted the series to return with better BD masters as well including God Bless Dancouga, which is considered to be the best of the series.
Also who doesn't want to have badass Tsundere 80s mecha pilot in the from of Sara?
tumblr_nl14xa02AY1re6nxeo2_r1_640.gif

Many people such as myself wanted to wait for the City Hunter 2 complete set, due to one of the parts consistently not being available to buy.
After hearing that City Hunter Season 1 complete set was a weak seller and they said they not going to do a City Hunter 2 complete set, many others such as myself were devastated, almost like Discotek has given up on the series before it truly blossom.

There are others such as J9 Trilogy and Dear Brother, but least the latter was available at a good timeframe, despite being a short license.

Discotek is a excellent home video distributor, but I wish they didn't give up support of certain titles without warning.

Still find it hilarious that Kimagure Orange Road and Marmalade Boy are still around despite coming out in 2019 and 2018 respectively.

Many series from Discotek come and go, but out of all the OOP titles atm, City Hunter Season 2 and Dancouga were the biggest ones.

Dancouga may not the best 80s mecha around, but it gained such a strong cult following in the retro/80s mecha anime scene.
Ever since it bit the dust, many people especially newer 80s mecha fans have wanted the series to return with better BD masters as well including God Bless Dancouga, which is considered to be the best of the series.
Also who doesn't want to have badass Tsundere 80s mecha pilot in the from of Sara?
View attachment 34570

Many people such as myself wanted to wait for the City Hunter 2 complete set, due to one of the parts consistently not being available to buy.
After hearing that City Hunter Season 1 complete set was a weak seller and they said they not going to do a City Hunter 2 complete set, many others such as myself were devastated, almost like Discotek has given up on the series before it truly blossom.

There are others such as J9 Trilogy and Dear Brother, but least the latter was available at a good timeframe, despite being a short license.

Discotek is a excellent home video distributor, but I wish they didn't give up support of certain titles without warning.

I love Marmalade Boy, so glad to own it. Curious about Dancouga now :)

I posted this on Blu-Ray.com but thought I'd share this small admission here too from last nights AnimEigo stream

DAVID: As the year ends our work with Discotek won't end or anything, we're still working with them obviously, but it will slow down abit and that will give us more time to work on our own stuff for AnimEigo.

JUSTIN: But as far as the Discotek stuff goes, we haven't announced everything we have restored but as for stuff we haven't gotten to yet there really isn't anything that I know of. Maybe they'll spring something nasty on us you can never tell.

Obviously I want to avoid hyperbole and also avoid taking anything that Justin and David said out of context.

But it does appear there is potential that Discotek releases/schedule could be slowing down next year. I guess we'll have to wait and see. The Otakon panel should be interesting as to just how much gets announced.

I wonder if Discotek are cooling their releases abit, though seems strange after starting more sub labels with the live action and Tokusatsu stuff. Only time will tell I guess.

My fourth Discotek Media haul from Stackry for this year arrived yesterday - this was planned but timing-wise was not. The intention was to pick up these titles in July, but then Discotek decided to announce that one of the series is going out of print.

I was not well yesterday so I only opened up the sets today (on my Birthday none-the-less, thankfully I had work off this whole week).

To recap, there are two methods tested - traditional top-menu i.e. on PS5, and Panasonic top-menu method (pressing Stop, then Top-Menu afterwards).

Here's the results:
Anime
Disc Region / Top-Menu​
Panasonic Method​
Released​
Adieu Galaxy Express 999
A Locked
Success
February 2019
Arion
A Locked
Success