My third Discotek Media haul from Stackry for this year arrived yesterday. Photos of the sets will appear around early morning tomorrow, but I have tested the discs today.

I've also included the prologue title of the haul As Miss Beelzebub Likes in this results list. Like before, a few of these have been covered already but others I also tested for the sake of it.

To recap, there are two methods tested - traditional top-menu i.e. on PS5, and Panasonic top-menu method (pressing Stop, then Top-Menu afterwards).

Here's the results:
Anime
Disc Region / Top-Menu​
Panasonic Method​
Released​
Angel Cop (HD Remaster)
A Locked
A Locked
February 2022
As Miss Beelzebub Likes It.
Top-Menu
Success
May 2022
Barefoot Gen 1 & 2
A Locked
A Locked
December 2017
Beelzebub
A Locked
A Locked
September 2022
BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo
A Locked
Success
(Already tested by RaeDra)
January 2020
Crying Freeman
A Locked
A Locked
November 2023
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
A Locked
A Locked
February 2024
Goku Midnight Eye
A Locked
A Locked
October 2023
Lupin the Third: The Mystery of Mamo
A Locked
Success
March 2022
Lupin the Third: Return of Pycal
A Locked
Success
July 2021
Shin Tetsujin 28
A Locked
Success
January 2019
Tomorrow’s Joe 2: The Movie
A Locked
Success
March 2022
Zatch Bell: 101st Devil & Attack of Mechavulcan
Region B
Success
March 2018

aho-girl-1-gif.33300

We have six more Discotek Media releases going out of print:

AnimeSRPAudioContentReleased
Angel Cop (HD Remastered) (Steelbook Edition)
$49.95​
English
Japanese
6 OVAs
February 2022
Beyblade
$49.95​
English
51 episodes
January 2019
Beyblade G-Revolution
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95​
English
51 episodes
March 2019
Beyblade V-Force
$49.95​
English
52 episodes
February 2019
Cyber City Oedo 808 (HD Remastered) (Steelbook Edition)
[SOLD OUT ON CR STORE]
$49.95​
English
Japanese
3 OVAs
July 2022
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (Steelbook Edition)
$49.95​
English
Japanese
Film
August 2022

Worth noting that Angel Cop, Cyber City Oedo 808 and Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture non-steelbook releases are still readily available, however the former two are the original non-HD Remastered versions (though Oedo 808 is available in the UK with this remaster). Angel Cop will probably be re-issued with the HD Remastered disc.

Beyblade franchise continues the streak of classic English edit versions taking a while to sell out and eventually discontinue (it's lasted 5 years at least).

Thanks for the heads up - I’ve already got the Steelbook titles but have nabbed the available Beyblade titles with an eye on the OOS one (used to love playing with those as a child.)

Been hoping AL or MVM will release Angel Cop over here which is why I've held out. As you've said @NormanicGrav hopefully at the very least Discotek will re-issue the standard edition with the HD remaster.

Fatal Fury fortunately has a standard release so I'll just get that eventually and Beyblade I'm fortunately not bothered about but a shame for fans who don't own it all yet.

It's a unfortunate lost for Beyblade, but given how there's a official Beyblade channel that hosts all the plastic gen era of Beyblade, it's not big of a lost.
Even though I mildly interested of grabbing G Revolution only at some point, I think I rather skip for that other Discotek media stuff that interest me like IPGX and Urusei Yatsura.

Although I can't find City Hunter 91 anywhere and I hope that didn't go OOP at well.
Was thinking of picking up the rest of City Hunter on payday as I did end up liking the first episodes of Season 1.

Last edited:
@NormanicGrav Angel Cop has also sold out on CR now. I just ordered it from Amazon. I’ll take my chances on Fatal Fury as I saw City Hunter season 1 available and grabbed that before that too goes OOP.

I also suggest grabbing Cat's Eye now if you can, as that subjected to go OOP at some point due to being somewhat related to City Hunter.
Yeah that’s a next month thing if they are still about. I went a little OTT the other week and I’m still waiting for RE: Cutie Honey, Belladonna of Sadness 4k, Crying Freeman and from Sentai, Parlabor and Locke the Superman to arrive. Plus the OG Cobra TV series arrived today too.

Are Discotek in trouble? It seems like their output is decreasing while their catalogue is going out of print faster than ever.

Lots of stuff going out of print isn't a surprise; Justin warned that Discotek's owner was wanting to clear a lot of their older titles out of the warehouse to make room for new stuff. So consider any of Discotek's titles that have been in print a few years to be possibly at risk of disappearing with little warning.

And Justin also commented on the every other month solicits; he said it was due to backlogs on the production end, which required them to change their workflow to compensate.

I have redesigned the release list layout on the first few posts (the DVD section hasn't been updated yet). Want to make it clearer to see whilst getting the info on there that doesn't feel squashed.

I am expecting at least one release slate update before their big Discotek Day panel at Otakon which is set for 2nd-4th August.

Back