The Aniplex Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
RACS said:
Folks came onto the store last weekend in a mad rush and bought up all our remaining inventory of AniPlex's Bakemonogatari boxed set. Shortly after we marked it sold out my inbox started filling up with requests wondering when/if we were going to get more. Now this set has been on the market for three years, and I have to admit I find the 'last minute' syndrome in our community fascinating. Folks, who have not up to that point pulled the trigger on a release that's been available for a long time, suddenly find themselves feeling an insatiable desire to own something only once they find out it's no longer available. Anyway, we are checking with AniPlex on this to see if they are planning a repress and I'll let you know once we hear back from them.
How long till they "find" some and put them up at 10x the price?

Stock Notices

RE-STOCK COMING SOON (ON RIGHTSTUF) - Bakemonogatari - Complete Box Set Limited Edition

bakemonogatariassets.jpg

A few pages back, I just confirmed that the stock for Bakemonogatari was completely gone and Rightstuf & Robert's Anime Corner Store were interested in figuring out if there would be more.

I received confirmation from Shawne Kleckner, who works at Rightstuf, that the stock for Bakemonogatari will be replenished but not until the holiday season is over. UPDATE: Rightstuf's site lists the Limited Edition version that will be reprinted for January 2016. This should be its third print run.

tumblr_mw78diGU6T1s7ngeqo1_500.gif

Stock Notices

SOLD OUT - Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners - Complete Blu-ray Disc Box Standard Edition (IMPORT)

851822006325_anime-Garden-of-Sinners-SEa.jpg

The 'Import' of the 2 year old set is sold out on Rightstuf. The set was only available via pre-orders.

You can get the set over on Amazon Japan.

I forgot about this thread oops Yeah well i hope a more affordable release comes like GE as there are many KnK fans who couldnt afford the JP sets

NormanicGrav said:
Stock Notices

SOLD OUT - Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners - Complete Blu-ray Disc Box Standard Edition (IMPORT)

851822006325_anime-Garden-of-Sinners-SEa.jpg

The 'Import' of the 2 year old set is sold out on Rightstuf. The set was only available via pre-orders.

You can get the set over on Amazon Japan.

This was a bitch move from AoA, and I feel sorry for the fans that bought this import set over buying it on Amazon JP

Mrclt1994 said:
This was a bitch move from AoA, and I feel sorry for the fans that bought this import set over buying it on Amazon JP

I noticed this thread has occurred with the Persona 3 movies (Limited Edition versions) as well.

I think the reason why Aniplex of America have to charge more is probably due to Customs and Tax. Unlike the UK (which is £15+) the folks in the US is way higher (around $200 I think, someone correct me on this it's been a while since I read about the customs value on US stuff). Given it's an import they probably had fans pay more to cover everything else to make up for their price tag.

NormanicGrav said:
Mrclt1994 said:

I noticed this thread has occurred with the Persona 3 movies (Limited Edition versions) as well.

I think the reason why Aniplex of America have to charge more is probably due to Customs and Tax. Unlike the UK (which is £15+) the folks in the US is way higher (around $200 I think, someone correct me on this it's been a while since I read about the customs value on US stuff). Given it's an import they probably had fans pay more to cover everything else to make up for their price tag.

I though US citizens are exempt from import charges for online purchases from Japan?

Mrclt1994 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Mrclt1994 said:

I though US citizens are exempt from import charges for online purchases from Japan?

I'm not sure it's just a guess. Still if that was the case then there's no need to add tons of more funds to the item itself. :?

I know, I think AoA pulled a dirty trick here lol - although, as you say, maybe as a company, since the shipment was so large they do have to pay import fees and thus have to pass that onto the customers, as oppose to if an individual were to order the item from Amazon JP themselves.

Here's the latest news and updates for Aniplex of America.

Release Updates

ALDNOAH.ZERO Volume 3 Limited Edition

12240353_1215620821785194_2959462929986225832_o.jpg

Release Date: January 26th (North America)
Format: Blu-ray
Price (SRP): $94.98 (~£62.39)

Disc Spec
■ Spoken Languages: English & Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0 for English & Linear PCM Stereo 2.0 for Japanese)
■ Subtitles: English & Spanish
■ Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
■ Episodes: 13-18 (6 episodes)
■ Number of Discs: 2 BD discs
■ Total Run Time: Approx. 150 min.
■ Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents
■ Textless Opening “&Z”
■ Textless Ending “GENESIS”
■ Promotional Videos and Commercials
■ “ALDNOAH.ZERO EXTRA ARCHIVES” (Season 1 Recap Video)

Bonus Materials and Package
■ Box Illustrations by I-IV (Mecha Design)
■ Special Manga Booklet “EXTRA EPISODE” by Olympus Knights
■ Collectable Pin-Ups

ALDNOAH.ZERO Volume 3 Standard Edition

Product_008_img_1_b.jpg

Release Date: January 26th (North America)
Format: DVD
Price (SRP): $39.98 (~£26.28)

Disc Spec
■ Spoken Languages: English & Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0)
■ Episodes: 13-18 (6 episodes)
■ Number of Discs: 2 DVD discs

Bonus Contents
■ Textless Opening “&Z”
■ Textless Ending “GENESIS”
■ Promotional Videos and Commercials
■ “ALDNOAH.ZERO EXTRA ARCHIVES” (Season 1 Recap Video)

ALDNOAH.ZERO Volume 4 Limited Edition

12240432_1215620865118523_4017246247126903006_o.jpg

Release Date: April 19th (North America)
Format: Blu-ray
Price (SRP): $94.98 (~£62.39)

Disc Spec
■ Spoken Languages: English & Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0 for English & Linear PCM Stereo 2.0 for Japanese)
■ Episodes: 19-24 (6 episodes)
■ Number of Discs: 2 BD discs

Bonus Contents
■ Textless Ending “GENESIS” (2nd version after Ep.19)
■ Textless Ending “Harmonious”

Bonus Materials and Package
■ Box Illustrations by I-IV (Mecha Designer)
■ Special Booklet “Mecha Archives 2” by ALDNOAH.ZERO x I-IV (Mecha Designer)
■ Collectable Pin-Ups

ALDNOAH.ZERO Volume 4 Standard Edition

Product_010_img_1_b.jpg

Release Date: April 19th (North America)
Format: DVD
Price (SRP): $39.98 (~£26.28)

Disc Spec
■ Spoken Languages: English & Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.0)
■ Episodes: 19-24 (6 episodes)
■ Number of Discs: 2 DVD discs

Bonus Contents
■ Textless Ending “GENESIS” (2nd version after Ep.19)
■ Textless Ending “Harmonious”

NoSurprises said:
Aniplex do some nice boxes, you've really gotta like the series to drop more than £10 per episode though!

That's why i'm in serious doubt of getting Aldnoah.Zero. Season 1 was OK but not wow for me, and season 2 was kinda of a trainwreck for me.

And still no news about Your lie in April (KimiUso), damnit.
Now, no chance for an announcement before 2016 sadly.
Anyway got my lovely LE for Tsukimonogatari and Garden of sinners (recalled out summer) today. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back