The Aniplex Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iluvatar said:
The barebone SE rerelease come with at least a clean artbox. (Aka Durarara, Gurren lagann, Garden of sinner).
And generally, the video quality from AoA is better than others distributors.

The slipcases are much better than what they started with. Anohana the Movie, Expelled from Paradise and Garden of Sinners: ROS feel smooth and cool. Madoka Magica Rebellion even has some glossing or foil on the cover.

NormanicGrav said:
Iluvatar said:
The barebone SE rerelease come with at least a clean artbox. (Aka Durarara, Gurren lagann, Garden of sinner).

The slipcases are much better than what they started with. Anohana the Movie, Expelled from Paradise and Garden of Sinners: ROS feel smooth and cool. Madoka Magica Rebellion even has some glossing or foil on the cover.

Yeah Durarara!!x2 Shou Vol 1 BD has a really nice case, yeah it's thin but not like the card that came with AoT UK release *throws up*, it's also textured which is nice

Mrclt1994 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Iluvatar said:

Yeah Durarara!!x2 Shou Vol 1 BD has a really nice case, yeah it's thin but not like the card that came with AoT UK release *throws up*, it's also textured which is nice

God that Attack on Titan CE was such an insult to the UK fanbase. Then again the US CE wasn't any great either (digipacks are cool but the end result was just daft).

NormanicGrav said:
God that Attack on Titan CE was such an insult to the UK fanbase. Then again the US CE wasn't any great either (digipacks are cool but the end result was just daft).

What do you mean a 24p artbook isn't worth more than double the price?!

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:

:lol:

The Ender Box even has a massive spoiler on the reversible cover (*facepalm*).

NormanicGrav said:
Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:

:lol:

The Ender Box even has a massive spoiler on the reversible cover (*facepalm*).

Ahaha that made me lol, still I like the box, just wish it wasn't such an odd size

Iluvatar said:
Then again the US CE wasn't any great either (digipacks are cool but the end result was just daft).

You mean that artbox? :
http://imgur.com/kSJ2xawl
I think it was pretty good, way better than UK/French editions.

Don't get me wrong I liked the box (even though it has a spoiler but it works strangely enough) but the digibook concept was just not planned properly. If the fanbase didn't respond to Funimation these digibooks wouldn't have lasted very long. Heck when the set came out many people already had damaged sets (depending on where they ordered it my guess is Amazon and for some it was Rightstuf) so quality control was a fail right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...I take it there's not really a way to get the Fate/Zero sets at this point? It's one of the few shows I'd have been willing to pay that sort of money for tbh.

Buzzkillington said:
So...I take it there's not really a way to get the Fate/Zero sets at this point? It's one of the few shows I'd have been willing to pay that sort of money for tbh.

Box Set 1 is officially gone. The Japanese version is still around.

--

My guess is that, based on how this year has been handled, what Aniplex is going to do is wait until Box Set 2 is officially gone and then re-release the series as a standard edition with the same cases (minus the OST case) and the same discs (minus the OST disc) together in a thick cardboard box for both seasons (Episodes 1-13 and Episodes 14-25). Considering the price point and content I would say each set would go down from $187.98 -> $147.98 and $174.98 -> $134.98.

The same should apply to Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. With their prices going down from $189.98 -> $159.98 and $149.98 -> $119.98.

For comparison:
Durarara!! - $189.98 -> $159.98
Sword Art Online - $112.98 -> $74.98

Blue Exorcist will probably the only series to not receive a standard edition and instead die off as the original Blu-ray sets are still around. I'll be surprised if they end up with a standard edition release.

Hmm that's a shame, maybe buy the Japanese sets (I assume they have subs, don't care about a dub) with my Christmas bonus, but maybe just get Garden of Sinners instead and wait and see if they do as you think. Thanks.

Buzzkillington said:
Hmm that's a shame, maybe buy the Japanese sets (I assume they have subs, don't care about a dub) with my Christmas bonus, but maybe just get Garden of Sinners instead and wait and see if they do as you think. Thanks.

The Japanese sets do have subtitles. On the Excel spreadsheet in the first post I've got a section dedicated to Aniplex of Japan sets if you (and anyone else) are interested.

together in a thick cardboard box for both seasons (Episodes 1-13 and Episodes 14-25).

I highly doubt that AoA put the two seasons of F/zero in one Box even if its a Standard edition.
Aniplex Jp or USA is well know for not make any "complete" box for their bigs shows like Fate/SAO/...
Fate (Zero or UBW) is a 2 courts show, and was release in two boxes in Japan, no chance that a complete box come out from AoA.
If the serie was a one court and was released in one box in Japan, in that case yeah, high chance to see a complete box from AoA, if not... no.

Iluvatar said:
together in a thick cardboard box for both seasons (Episodes 1-13 and Episodes 14-25).

I highly doubt that AoA put the two seasons of F/zero in one Box even if its a Standard edition.
Aniplex Jp or USA is well know for not make any "complete" box for their bigs shows like Fate/SAO/...
Fate (Zero or UBW) is a 2 courts show, and was release in two boxes in Japan, no chance that a complete box come out from AoA.
If the serie was a one court and was released in one box in Japan, in that case yeah, high chance to see a complete box from AoA, if not... no.

Ah.. I meant two sets, one for each season. I should've double checked my wording. :lol:

crashmatt said:
Mrclt1994 said:
Aniplex's Fate/Zero Box Set I import is part of Rightstuf's holiday sale
http://www.rightstufanime.com/Fate-Zero ... -Customers

Just hand on a minuet while I go and re-mortgage my house......... . Comedy pricing from Aniplex, Are the discs made of solid gold?

Christ. To put that into perspective before anybody tries to defend the pricetag, all 7 Garden of Sinners movies can be brought straight from Japan for about £30 less.

If you can't afford/don't want to pay that price, then don't. I saw someone posting earlier about possibly wanting to buy the JP Fate/Zero set and then I saw Aniplex USA mention the sale so thought I'd post it for those interested. Personally I don't care as I have the US dubbed set.

Yeah sadly I need to wait til I get paid before I could buy anyway, thanks though.

Honestly I feel no need to try defend the price tag, to me things are worth what I myself am willing to pay for them, no more, no less.

Mrclt1994 said:
If you can't afford/don't want to pay that price, then don't. I saw someone posting earlier about possibly wanting to buy the JP Fate/Zero set and then I saw Aniplex USA mention the sale so thought I'd post it for those interested. Personally I don't care as I have the US dubbed set.

Don't take it personally, it's just that its a stupid price. My wife would actually beat be to death with the box if I spent that much on a series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back