The Aniplex Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iluvatar said:
And still no news about Your lie in April (KimiUso), damnit.
Now, no chance for an announcement before 2016 sadly.
Anyway got my lovely LE for Tsukimonogatari and Garden of sinners (recalled out summer) today. <3

I'm kind of curious to see how they would handle Shigatsu.

For starters we already know that the English dub is in production, so that's one thing.

We know that the Original Soundtrack & Boku to Kimi to no Ongakuchou Soundtrack will probably not be included as they are both released on their own separately from the Volumes. As seen with Kill la Kill, it's safe to assume the likelihood of these being included as extras are very low at this point.

The final Japanese volume was just released on October 28th.

I'm not sure what sort of extras are included physically with the Japanese sets so I guess it may end up being a barebones release like Valvrave.

I was wondering when Slaine Troyard VS. The World (The hit follow up to The World VS. Slaine Troyard!) was going to be released.
I generally tend to agree with the opinion that others share of A/Z in that the first half was okay, but the second half is a Guilty Crown tier trainwreck. For consistency (and because it's f'n Aniplex) I'll probably end up buying the rest as well as other bad shows like The Irregular Jesus.

I was hoping Your Lie In April was going to be solicited sooner rather than later though. No luck yet :(
Loved the show and it'll be a day 1 order from me whenever it pops up. I trust that Patrick Seitz will do an acceptable job directing the dub too.

Iluvatar said:
And still no news about Your lie in April (KimiUso), damnit.
Now, no chance for an announcement before 2016 sadly.
Anyway got my lovely LE for Tsukimonogatari and Garden of sinners (recalled out summer) today. <3

Your Lie in April was one AoA title i forgot about :oops: And certainly one that i would buy in a heartbeat, great show :thumb:

Here's the latest news and updates for Aniplex of America.

New License

erased_logo.png

erased_550w.jpg

Erased
Secretly added to the Aniplex USA website, Aniplex of America have acquired the rights (streaming currently but home release is expected) for Erased, also known in Japanese as Boku dake ga Inai Machi. I've heard that the plot synposis actually spoils a bit of the show so I won't detail it here but it's from A-1 Pictures and has a nice artstyle to it.

Rightstuf Sale

Here are the following titles currently on sale over on Rightstuf:

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $59.98
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie (Blu-ray) - $34.98
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie (DVD) - $24.98
Blast of Tempest: Season 1 (DVD) - $49.98
Blast of Tempest: Season 2 (DVD) - $49.98
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works: BD-Box 1 Limited Edition Japanese Import (Blu-ray) - $354.98
Fate/Zero: BD-Box 1 Limited Edition Japanese Import (Blu-ray) - $269.98
Gurren Lagann Movie Double Feature (Blu-ray) - $49.98
MIKUNOPOLIS in Los Angeles: Limited Edition (Blu-ray) - $39.98
Oreimo: Complete Series (Season 1) (DVD) - $29.98
Oreimo 2: Complete Series (Season 2) Limited Edition (DVD) - $64.98
Oreshura: Complete Series (DVD) - $39.98
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Part 1: The Beginnings (DVD) - $24.98
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Part 2: Eternal (DVD) - $24.98
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Part 3: Rebellion (Blu-ray) - $34.98
Servant x Service: Complete Series (DVD) - $39.98
Silver Spoon: Season 1 (DVD) - $39.98
Silver Spoon: Season 2 (DVD) - $39.98
Valvrave the Liberator: Season 1 (Blu-ray) - $79.98
Valvrave the Liberator: Season 2 (Blu-ray) - $79.98
Vividred Operation: Complete Series (DVD) - $49.98

NormanicGrav said:

New License

erased_logo.png

erased_550w.jpg

Erased
Secretly added to the Aniplex USA website, Aniplex of America have acquired the rights (streaming currently but home release is expected) for Erased, also known in Japanese as Boku dake ga Inai Machi. I've heard that the plot synposis actually spoils a bit of the show so I won't detail it here but it's from A-1 Pictures and has a nice artstyle to it.

Yeah, this show seems promising, giving the staff working on it. Looking forward to hearing the music also.

I ended up buying Bakemonogatari. I thought to myself why buy a small island off the Greek coast when I can just get all of AoA's Monogatari sets?

BlackStrat said:
I ended up buying Bakemonogatari. I thought to myself why buy a small island off the greek coast when I can just get all of AoA's Monogatari sets?
Was a good call, small islands off the Greek coast aren't filled with witty banter and boob jokes. Or maybe they are and you've been done.

BlackStrat said:
I ended up buying Bakemonogatari. I thought to myself why buy a small island off the greek coast when I can just get all of AoA's Monogatari sets?
I've been trying to decide if I want to buy the AoA sets or the MVM ones .

Bailey1985 said:
BlackStrat said:

The Aniplex sets are worth it. The individual arcs might not have the best packaging the but it's got some neat postcards and a booklet. Plus we're getting Japanese quality discs which is a bonus for a show with tons of subtitles.

I only recommend the MVM sets if you don't have the necessary funds. Besides these Aniplex sets aren't designed so that you can get everything at once, more like 1-3 a month.

NoSurprises said:
Or maybe they are and you've been done.
I KNEW IT

Bailey1985 said:
Worth checking out Grav's post
NormanicGrav said:
I did post some unboxings of both Bake and Nise on my blog and Imgur (though Bake definitely needs reshots due to the camera angles, blame the lighting).
Though I must say I think I prefer their individual arc sets over the Bake/Nise boxes.

For currently released sets:

AoA from UP will run you around £550

MvM from Amazon will run you £210 (assuming the 2 sets that haven't been released yet are the same price as the currently released sets, plus you can probably pick them up second hand on eBay)

Depends how much you value pretty boxes and slightly better picture quality (the disc menus are cooler on the AoA releases too, with the little animal cursors...). And release schedule too I guess.

For the record; I don't regret spending the obscene amount of money on the AoA releases as I like the show a lot, like Grav said, picking them up monthly takes the sting out of it a bit.

I've gone to a Grav's site few times to look at the sets and everytime I do I think yeah I'm definitely gonna get these . Then I think about how much is going to cost for all the sets . I think I probably will start buying them soon . I might get the cheaper arcs first I'll have to see how my bank account looks after Christmas .

Bailey1985 said:
I've gone to a Grav's site few times to look at the sets and everytime I do I think yeah I'm definitely gonna get these . Then I think about how much is going to cost for all the sets . I think I probably will start buying them soon .

Nice to see AUKN people checking out my blog, it amazes me.

When I bought Bakemonogatari I took advantage of the $ currency rate which was quite low. $1 -> £0.58 I think. Now it's $1 -> £0.67 which is annoying.

Bailey1985 said:
I've gone to a Grav's site few times to look at the sets and everytime I do I think yeah I'm definitely gonna get these . Then I think about how much is going to cost for all the sets . I think I probably will start buying them soon . I might get the cheaper arcs first I'll have to see how my bank account looks after Christmas .
Dunno how much you've watched thus far, but if you were looking at getting the cheaper arcs first, you could always stream Bake and Nise at viewster, then watch the individual arcs you're actually buying afterwards. (Then pick up the more expensive Bake/Nise sets later).

I have seen most of them before . I'm couple weeks behind on the current series and I haven't got around to watching Hanamonogatari so I may get Hanamonogatari first .

New License

logo.png

Classmates (Doukyusei)
Secretly added to the Aniplex USA YouTube channel, although it only details the Japanese theatrical release my guess is that Aniplex of America have acquired the rights to the film Classmates (Doukyusei). Aniplex is part of the production team and I think it's their first major Shonen Ai/Yaoi title. And yes Kamiya (Ararararagi) is also voicing one of the main leads.

12360232_1229330717080871_3837559370053078015_n.jpg

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
And as a reminder, Aniplex of America do have the rights to the final part of Durarara!!x2 series.

Rightstuf Sale

Here are the following titles currently on sale over on Rightstuf:

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray & DVD) - $59.98
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie (Blu-ray) - $34.98
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie (DVD) - $24.98
Blast of Tempest: Season 1 (DVD) - $49.98
Blast of Tempest: Season 2 (DVD) - $49.98
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works: BD-Box 1 Limited Edition Japanese Import (Blu-ray) - $354.98
Fate/Zero: BD-Box 1 Limited Edition Japanese Import (Blu-ray) - $269.98
Gurren Lagann Movie Double Feature (Blu-ray) - $49.98
Gyo: Tokyo Fish Attack (DVD) - $19.98
MIKUNOPOLIS in Los Angeles: Limited Edition (Blu-ray) - $39.98
Oreimo: Complete Series (Season 1) (DVD) - $29.98
Oreimo 2: Complete Series (Season 2) Limited Edition (DVD) - $64.98
Oreshura: Complete Series (DVD) - $39.98
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Part 1: The Beginnings (DVD) - $24.98
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Part 2: Eternal (DVD) - $24.98
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Part 3: Rebellion (Blu-ray) - $34.98
Servant x Service: Complete Series (DVD) - $39.98
Silver Spoon: Season 1 (DVD) - $39.98
Silver Spoon: Season 2 (DVD) - $39.98
Valvrave the Liberator: Season 1 (Blu-ray) - $79.98
Valvrave the Liberator: Season 2 (Blu-ray) - $79.98
Vividred Operation: Complete Series (DVD) - $49.98

Last edited by a moderator:

New License

851822006745_cd-sword-art-online-music-collection-limited-edition-primary.jpg

Sword Art Online Music Collection
Missed out on the Sword Art Online Limited Editions and wanted to own the OST? Can't afford the Sword Art Online II Limited Editions and wanted to own the OST? Well good news, Aniplex of America will be bringing over the imports of the Sword Art Online Music Collection which contains all of the music tracks from the Soundtrack CDs plus tons of unreleased tracks!

Limited Edition:
■ 4 CDs + 1 Blu-ray Disc (featuring Yuki Kajiura's Live Concert).
■ 131 scores by Yuki Kajiura including her unpublished work!
■ Music from Sword Art Online, Sword Art Online II, and Extra Edition.
■ Exclusive Deluxe Digipak newly Illustrated by abec (Original Character Designer).
SVWC70111_SAO_music_collection_pic2_LRG.jpg

Pre-order now on Rightstuf for $39.98 (Standard Edition without the Blu-ray disc for $34.98), releases in January 27th 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back