The Aniplex Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
Are you planning on getting the set? I feel it's worth the value especially with the Aniplex quality discs and a nice box. Same for Nise.
Well Fate/Zero was easier because I really liked the box (texture and visuals) and it came with the soundtrack. And clear amarays are my Achilles' heel...
Monogatari on the other hand, I'm still pondering... I guess the good thing is that if I actually bought them now I'd be getting the good version and not the one with the info sheet on the back. Consistency ftw.

Unrelated but I saw this the other day...
Warning: graphic content!
[spoilerbutton]
vdhZ2gX.png
[/spoilerbutton]

BlackStrat said:
NormanicGrav said:
Are you planning on getting the set? I feel it's worth the value especially with the Aniplex quality discs and a nice box. Same for Nise.
Well Fate/Zero was easier because I really liked the box (texture and visuals) and it came with the soundtrack. And clear amarays are my Achilles' heel...
Monogatari on the other hand, I'm still pondering... I guess the good thing is that if I actually bought them now I'd be getting the good version and not the one with the info sheet on the back. Consistency ftw.

I did post some unboxings of both Bake and Nise on my blog and Imgur (though Bake definitely needs reshots due to the camera angles, blame the lighting). What I like about the set is the idea of having each Japanese cover on each side of the cases to represent the arcs. They've done it with all of the other arcs even the individual ones from Neko Black onwards. Another thing I like about the sets is keeping it consistent with the Japanese version on the disc counts - 6 for Bake, 5 for Nise and 2-3 for each individual arc.

BlackStrat said:
Warning: graphic content!
[spoilerbutton]
vdhZ2gX.png
[/spoilerbutton]

[spoilerbutton]
kvU4Yit.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

NormanicGrav said:
I did post some unboxings of both Bake and Nise on my blog and Imgur (though Bake definitely needs reshots due to the camera angles, blame the lighting).
Yeah I know, I've actually been through all of your blog :p. I think I stumbled upon it while looking for some unboxing and ended up going through all of them. That's how I found out about this forum.
NormanicGrav said:
What I like about the set is the idea of having each Japanese cover on each side of the cases to represent the arcs. They've done it with all of the other arcs even the individual ones from Neko Black onwards.
Yeah these sets look pretty good. Art everywhere! Seriously, it's all so colourful. Except for that plain orange cover on the back of Tsukihi Phoenix vol. 2... Though as far as I'm concerned they could just put Hanekawa everywhere.
NormanicGrav said:
Another thing I like about the sets is keeping it consistent with the Japanese version on the disc counts - 6 for Bake, 5 for Nise and 2-3 for each individual arc.
Isn't that the norm for AoA releases though?

BlackStrat said:
NormanicGrav said:
I did post some unboxings of both Bake and Nise on my blog and Imgur (though Bake definitely needs reshots due to the camera angles, blame the lighting).
Yeah I know, I've actually been through all of your blog :p. I think I stumbled upon it while looking for some unboxing and ended up going through all of them. That's how I found out about this forum.
I had no idea you got here through my blog, I learn something new everyday. It's nice to hear people have noticed it - the funny thing I've noticed is that when you search for a specific unboxing on Google Images, my blog comes up but not for the right show haha.

BlackStrat said:
NormanicGrav said:
What I like about the set is the idea of having each Japanese cover on each side of the cases to represent the arcs. They've done it with all of the other arcs even the individual ones from Neko Black onwards.
Yeah these sets look pretty good. Art everywhere! Seriously, it's all so colourful. Except for that plain orange cover on the back of Tsukihi Phoenix vol. 2... Though as far as I'm concerned they could just put Hanekawa everywhere.
As much as I like Hanekawa, she wasn't a major part of the Nise arc (she was relevant but mostly there to add some dialog to the sisters). I would put Kaiki on the cover instead since he appears a lot in that season.

BlackStrat said:
NormanicGrav said:
Another thing I like about the sets is keeping it consistent with the Japanese version on the disc counts - 6 for Bake, 5 for Nise and 2-3 for each individual arc.
Isn't that the norm for AoA releases though?
Yeah pretty much. I know the bigger box sets have done this (Blue Exorcist, Durarara!!, Fate, R.O.D. & Sword Art Online as examples), but I swear certain sets have been treated differently (I'm probably thinking of Nisekoi since it's 5 episodes on one disc, you would think they'll split them across 2 discs). The DVDs are simply 2-3 discs.

Last edited by a moderator:
NormanicGrav said:
As much as I like Hanekawa, she wasn't a major part of the Nise arc (she was relevant but mostly there to add some dialog to the sisters). I would put Kaiki on the cover instead since he appears a lot in that season.
I meant litterally everywhere, on every Monogatari set ever and not specifically for that orange Nise cover—though I was mostly joking. I actually prefer getting art for all the characters so I like what they've done with the arcs. Kaiki's great, he would have definitely been better than that plain cover. Aaaand now I've got his theme stuck in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I know this is a news kind of thread but just thought i'd share my Aniplex collection - been collecting since March (alongside buying other titles from the US).

Left to right: Aldnoah.Zero BD vol 1 & 2, Baccano JP BD box, Blue Exorcist Blu-ray box I & II, Blue Exorcist The Movie LE, Expelled from Paradise LE, Durarara!! Complete Series BD set SE, Durarara!!x2 Shou Vol 1 Blu-ray, Fate/Zero LE box I & II, Fate/stay night Unlimited Bladeworks LE box I, Nisekoi Blu-rays 1 - 4, Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie 1 & 2 LE, Madoka Magica Rebellion LE, SAO BD Set LE 1 & 2, SAO Extra Edition LE, SAO II BD Set LE 1 & 2 (i'm still pissed that they changed the font/spine layout for the SAO II boxes lol).

i obviously have a long way to go - my next purchase will be making a start on those Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Monogatari series sets, i will then be aiming to get the big import sets for Kara no Kyoukai and Gurren Lagann, then the 5 Kill la Kill vols (i have AL's release of GL and KLK but after seeing them somewhere, I want the Aniplex ones lol. And of course, I missed out on SAO BD Set LE 3 and 4 as well as ROD and the 3 Madoka sets :'(.

I wondered if others wanted to share their pics also, just as comparison? Also, i hope we get release details for Your Lie in April, Saekano and the titles from the earlier 2015 seasons soon.

7c7ZO8b.jpg

Mrclt1994 said:
So I know this is a news kind of thread but just thought i'd share my Aniplex collection - been collecting since March (alongside buying other titles from the US).

Left to right: Aldnoah.Zero BD vol 1 & 2, Baccano JP BD box, Blue Exorcist Blu-ray box I & II, Blue Exorcist The Movie LE, Expelled from Paradise LE, Durarara!! Complete Series BD set SE, Durarara!!x2 Shou Vol 1 Blu-ray, Fate/Zero LE box I & II, Fate/stay night Unlimited Bladeworks LE box I, Nisekoi Blu-rays 1 - 4, Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie 1 & 2 LE, Madoka Magica Rebellion LE, SAO BD Set LE 1 & 2, SAO Extra Edition LE, SAO II BD Set LE 1 & 2 (i'm still pissed that they changed the font/spine layout for the SAO II boxes lol).

i obviously have a long way to go - my next purchase will be making a start on those Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Monogatari series sets, i will then be aiming to get the big import sets for Kara no Kyoukai and Gurren Lagann, then the 5 Kill la Kill vols (i have AL's release of GL and KLK but after seeing them somewhere, I want the Aniplex ones lol. And of course, I missed out on SAO BD Set LE 3 and 4 as well as ROD and the 3 Madoka sets :'(.

I wondered if others wanted to share their pics also, just as comparison? Also, i hope we get release details for Your Lie in April, Saekano and the titles from the earlier 2015 seasons soon.

7c7ZO8b.jpg

First of, awesome selection of Aniplex titles you have there. R.O.D. will be a tough one to find as the Japanese version, despite being the exact same in terms of packaging, doesn't have English audio or subtitles.

And not to worry, this thread is basically about everything Aniplex related - news, collection, updates and potential licenses. If anyone wants to show off their sets here they can!

I'm curious to see what they have to offer for Q1 2016. I guess they might start bringing over Nisekoi: but those OVAs should come first.

And here's my current Aniplex collection:
kg8zVhQ.jpg

From left to right:
[spoilerbutton]Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day: The Movie [BD+DVD Collector's Edition]
Baccano!: Complete Series [BD Standard Edition]
Bakemonogatari: Complete Box Set [BD Limited Edition]
Nisemonogatari: Complete Box Set [BD Limited Edition]
Nekomonogatari Black: Tsubasa Family Set [BD Limited Edition]
Expelled From Paradise [BD Limited Edition]
Fate/Zero: Complete Box Set 1 [BD Limited Edition]
Fate/Zero: Complete Box Set 2 [BD Limited Edition]
The Garden of Sinners: Complete Box Set [BD Standard Edition Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box]
The Garden of Sinners: Recalled Out Summer [BD Limited Edition]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Complete Volume 1 [BD+DVD Limited Edition]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Complete Volume 2 [BD+DVD Limited Edition]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Complete Volume 3 [BD+DVD Limited Edition]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movies: The Beginning & Eternal [BD Limited Edition Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box]
Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movies: The Rebellion [BD Limited Edition Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box]
Sword Art Online: Box Set 1 (Aincrad Part 1) [BD Limited Edition]
Sword Art Online: Box Set 2 (Aincrad Part 2) [BD Limited Edition]
Sword Art Online: Box Set 3 (Fairy Dance Part 1) [BD Limited Edition]
Sword Art Online: Box Set 4 (Fairy Dance Part 2) [BD Limited Edition][/spoilerbutton]

I may skip out on Blue Exorcist because of the price tag but I do like the manga which is a tough decision. If it does sell out I wouldn't mind having to go with the UK sets as it's been reported to be pretty much spot on in terms of audio/video quality (exact same number of discs as well).

My next priority is the Monogatari arcs as I want to complete those in case I end up at a point where I can no longer pursue these sort of sets. I calculated that it'll cost me about £330 overall to acquire everything from Neko White to Tsuki but I'm fine with that.

I'll be skipping Aldnoah.Zero and Durarara!!x2 arcs for the Anime Limited version. I liked Aldnoah but I feel Anime Limited can probably make a much better set than Aniplex especially with the English audio. As for DRR!! I like the Aniplex sets but having the arcs in one complete season sets would look nice on the shelf (especially with chipboards and digipacks, and possibly booklets etc.).

Fate/stay night, Mahouka (Irregular at Magic High School), Nisekoi and Sword Art Online II will also be on my list to get at some point. I'll also be pursuing the Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box of Oreimo unless Aniplex decides to release a domestic Blu-ray version (the series did sell very well for them).

VERY nice collection, jealous of those madoka sets haha.

yeah, re the monogatari lot, since I have done atm, it would cost me like £600 to get them all so next month I'll get that and maybe make a start on Kill la Kill.

Thanks for reminding be about the mahouka sets - I need to get those, the P4 Golden and valvrave sets also.

Yeah the only Q1 release we know about for 2016 is the SAO II BD set 4 - i predict we'll also be getting Aldnoah.Zero BD 3 and maybe FSN UBW.

with regards to Oreimo, is the JP BD box english friendly?

Mrclt1994 said:
VERY nice collection, jealous of those madoka sets haha.

yeah, re the monogatari lot, since I have done atm, it would cost me like £600 to get them all so next month I'll get that and maybe make a start on Kill la Kill.

Thanks for reminding be about the mahouka sets - I need to get those, the P4 Golden and valvrave sets also.

Yeah the only Q1 release we know about for 2016 is the SAO II BD set 4 - i predict we'll also be getting Aldnoah.Zero BD 3 and maybe FSN UBW.

with regards to Oreimo, is the JP BD box english friendly?

Thanks for reminding me about P4GA (it does have the OST so I might as well go after them, beats the Kaze version whenever that happens) and Valvrave (another infamous show in the trainwreck genre).

I just remembered that Fate/stay night Box Set 2 is scheduled for February 2016, set details are unknown for now.

Yes Oreimo's Season 1 BD-Box does contain English subtitles (subtitles are also on the Character Commentaries). However the BD-Box doesn't have textless opening and closing songs which is a shame.

I noticed on the US region free Blu-ray thread that a lot of Aniplex titles work in the UK . do they make all they BD region free ?

Blu-ray discs are region free in Japan and Aniplex of America basically repackage (sometimes addings dub/subs) the Japanese discs so normally yes

All Aniplex of America titles have region free blu-ray discs so those will work fine on UK BD players. Be wary though, the DVD on the other hand, are region 1, so you won't be able to view the discs with extras for certain sets such as Fate/Zero as the bonus contents are on dvds rather than BDs, same with SAO season 1 boxsets and Blue exorcist sets.

But watching Region 1 discs is a lot easier than watching Region A Blu-rays. If you snagged the DVD Passkey giveaway then you're all set to watch it on a PC, and even without that, VLC would work. And region hacking DVD players is usually just a matter of finding the remote code.

Just Passing Through said:
But watching Region 1 discs is a lot easier than watching Region A Blu-rays. If you snagged the DVD Passkey giveaway then you're all set to watch it on a PC, and even without that, VLC would work. And region hacking DVD players is usually just a matter of finding the remote code.

I was just pointing out that they are region 1, if there are ways to by-pass that then that's fine, but not everyone will know or be bothered to find out. Jeez.

Do I win a prize for having the most AoA/AoJ titles? Pretty sure this is everything as they were pulled from various shelves/wardrobe shelves.

mkqA6za.jpg

4MZNYqk.jpg

s1bsmKv.jpg

Mangaranga said:
Do I win a prize for having the most AoA/AoJ titles? Pretty sure this is everything as they were pulled from various shelves/wardrobe shelves.

mkqA6za.jpg

4MZNYqk.jpg

s1bsmKv.jpg

Congrats, you have the most in this forum. I am very jealous of you. (*laughs*)

No seriously, it's an amazing collection you have there. :thumb:

Just noticed the one thing I have that you don't are the Madoka Magica LE Volumes.

very nice collection, mangaranga - i hope my collection will look like yours in a few months time. i have been wondering as to whether i should get the Kara no Kyoukai LE box or just the SE like you have - hmmmm

Mrclt1994 said:
very nice collection, mangaranga - i hope my collection will look like yours in a few months time. i have been wondering as to whether i should get the Kara no Kyoukai LE box or just the SE like you have - hmmmm

Both mine and Mangaranga's are the exact same. Believe it or not it's a standard edition :lol: . The LE sold out instantly at pre-orders but the SE was brought out 2 years later (2013) *still available on Amazon JP*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back