The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I found a lot of screenshot comparisons on both shows, and read some info. The following is from my understanding:

Interspecies has censored the OP, where episode 1 OP aired with uncensored genitalia in Taiwan. The rest of the show on BD is uncensored compared to broadcast.

Sex toys, and similar objects are still censored in the JP BD. If they exist uncensored the US BD should have them

Still waiting for my sex toys to arrive in the mail, but they are shipping from China, not Japan, so hopefully those won't be censored. ;)😁

Anywho, a brand new copy of the long OOP Blu-ray of Arpeggio of Blue Steel Complete TV Series popped up on Discotek's eBay site at a normal retail price of $49.99 yesterday, so I snagged it right away, since they are going for $125-$150 or more from private sellers. The series is a bit much on the cutesy side for me, but I still remember enjoying the overall story when I first saw it years ago, so I thought I would go ahead and add it to my collection.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Moar Yuri!
Kase-san and Morning Glories and Whispered Words Vol 1 from the Bookwalker Let's Smile coin back event:
BOOK☆WALKER Global:World Smile Day | BOOK☆WALKER
*Affiliate link

And as they weren't in the event Kindred Spirits on the Roof and I Married My Best Friend to Shut My Parents Up using the 30% off code from filling out the Seven Seas survey:

I then pre-ordered Adachi and Shimamura (manga) vol 2 and vol 4 of Super HxEROs (hang on that's not yuri!) which will be paid for by the coins I received for the above.

I just Backed Nozomi's Kickstarter of the 1985 Dirty Pair anime on Blu-ray with new English dub. I pledged the $250 Lovely Angel Tier for the complete storage box with the TV Series, OVAs and Movies, along with add-ons for the hardcover artbook and the second LED lighted standee lamp. I may change my pledge slightly before the pledge period is up, but I wanted to get my initial pledge in right away. More Girls with Guns!

Nozomi's "Let's Dub the Dirty Pair TV Series!" Kickstarter Page

f8434f383701dbf7337a242d946c1054_original.jpg

I just Backed Nozomi's Kickstarter of the 1985 Dirty Pair anime on Blu-ray with new English dub. I pledged the $250 Lovely Angel Tier for the complete storage box with the TV Series, OVAs and Movies, along with add-ons for the hardcover artbook and the second LED lighted standee lamp. I may change my pledge slightly before the pledge period is up, but I wanted to get my initial pledge in right away. More Girls with Guns!

Nozomi's "Let's Dub the Dirty Pair TV Series!" Kickstarter Page

f8434f383701dbf7337a242d946c1054_original.jpg
Woah, thanks for linking this

EDIT: Ah there it is.

Please note the Blu-ray discs will be Region A only due to licensing constraints.

Last edited:
Ah sod it, I love this show so much I went for it.

I'm officially in the market for a region free player now lol. I guess I can finally get some of those other shows I been eyeing too.

Good for you! It just seems totally insane to me for any anime fan, especially one who is into collecting enough to hang out on the anime forums, to not own at least one multi-region Blu-ray player so they can buy anime Blu-rays or DVDs from any region. I've got two hardware-modified region-switchable Oppo Blu-ray players and three home computers all with Blu-ray drives and software to allow region-free playback, so I have no limitations on viewing anime releases from any part of the world. It actually irritates me to no end whenever I see someone post on the anime forums asking if a certain anime release is able to be played on their region equipment or not. I just want to slap them upside the head, preferably with some aquatic fauna, lol...

Good for you! It just seems totally insane to me for any anime fan, especially one who is into collecting enough to hang out on the anime forums, to not own at least one multi-region Blu-ray player so they can buy anime Blu-rays or DVDs from any region. I've got two hardware-modified region-switchable Oppo Blu-ray players and three home computers all with Blu-ray drives and software to allow region-free playback, so I have no limitations on viewing anime releases from any part of the world. It actually irritates me to no end whenever I see someone post on the anime forums asking if a certain anime release is able to be played on their region equipment or not. I just want to slap them upside the head, preferably with some aquatic fauna, lol...

I was looking at this on Amazon which has some good reviews

But now that you mention it I'm actually somewhat tempted to try building a HTPC with a blu-ray drive. What kind of software do you use to bypass the region lock?

The current version of the free Leawo Blu-ray Player does a pretty good job of decoding region-locked discs on the fly. I don't know how it would handle geo-locked discs though, because I don't think I own any discs that are geo-locked against Region A to test one.

Made 2 orders with Sentai and 2 orders from Rightstuf, and picked up some sale items for a good price, especially with preorders of Kakegurui from Sentai for $27.99 and Redo of Healer as a weekly special for $34.19...

From Sentai Filmworks:

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Hero Mask Seasons 1 & 2
PET
Maria Watches Over Us Seasons 1-4
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Seasons 1 & 2
Kids on the Slope (re-release/repurchase)
Black Bullet (re-release/repurchase)
Kakegurui Season 1 (Pre-order)

From Rightstuf:

Golden Kamuy Season 3
Nozo x Kimi
Yamishibai - Japanese Ghost Stories
Redo of Healer
(Pre-order)

I guess I'm really on a buying spree now, lol. Because of upcoming releases of Laputa and Totoro in two weeks, I decided to work on collecting all the UK Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition releases - just the ones with the 3-panel digipacks in the side-load slipboxes and 5 art cards (not the oversized sets with the artbook), because I'm a huge fan of digipaks with spanned art across all the panels like these have. Since AL is starting to get a little sparse with their CE digipak releases anymore, and most of those are only 2-panel digipaks, I may as well go for all these nice Studio Canal ones.

I already have these two in my collection:

When Marnie was There
From Up on Poppy Hill

And I just ordered these from Amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk:

Arrietty
Princess Kaguya
The Wind Rises
Laputa: castle in the Sky (pre-order)
My Neigbor Totoro (pre-order)

I think the only other one I am missing yet is the Ponyo CE? If anyone knows of other Ghibli CE sets I am not aware of, please let me know.

Last edited:
From the Let's Smile coin back event on Bookwalker:
No Game No Life (manga) Vol. 1
Dirty Pair Omnibus
Secret of the Princess
Our Teachers are Dating! Vol. 1

And pre-ordered for next Tuesday:
Whisper Me a Love Song vol 4
Non Non Biyori vol 15

I ordered three anime Blu-ray sets from DeepDiscount yesterday, using their 15% off code:

Evangelion 2.22
Evangelion 3.33
Full Metal Panic
Season 1 Anime Classics

I do own the Evangelion 1.11 Collector's Edition from Anime Limited, so I'll have all 3 Eva movies on Blu-ray now. I sure wish 2.22 and 3.33 could have gotten the same CE treatment from AL. I also own the FMP Collector's Edition boxset from AL, so I'm just double dipping on the US version for the Region A discs.

Last edited:
Finally found a copy of the Ponyo Collector's Edition Blu-ray/DVD on Thursday and ordered it:

81N1kUQgHVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And, yesterday I pre-ordered one more new Studio Ghibli CE title, releasing this November - Porco Rosso, a Top Ten Ghibli movie for me. More gorgeous 3-panel digipak artwork!

812VJICz35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really wish they would show an image of the artwork on the reverse / outside of the CE digipaks too, but I guess those images will just have to be a surprise for when I receive them!

This brings the total UK Ghibli Collector's Edition releases to 9, and I'll be caught up with all of them once I recieve all my orders.

Back