The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I decided not to get Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll CE because I liked but didn't love Violet Evergarden TV and also to not bother with Mawaru Penguindrum as I just found it too depressing and soul-crushing the first time I watched it years ago... so I bought Sakura Quest and Kaiba instead :)

I ordered Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll CE from AOL, cheapest for import to the US.
Hummm good idea. And in fact I’ve asked AL to cancel my order as even with their membership discount it comes 5£ cheaper at AOL. And nowadays every bit counts due to the high ‘hostage’ fee Bpost charges here in Belgium (24€ which boils down to £20,6 .... yeah that much :eek: ). Maybe i should just relocate:D

I decided not to get Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll CE because I liked but didn't love Violet Evergarden TV
Interesting how everyone is different - The Violet Evergarden Series immediately vaulted into my #1 favorite anime of all time when it came out, by quite a large margin over all of my then Top Ten Girls with Guns themed anme - Noir, Requiem for the Phantom, Gunslinger Girl, Ergo Proxy, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell, etc. Although, the Eternity movie for me was just Ok and was not anywhere near as good as the VE series.

Only two other series have jumped over my Girls with Guns anime since Violet came out. My top three AOAT are now:

1. Violet Evergarden
2. Hanasakeru Seishounen
3. Ancient Magus' Bride

Interesting how everyone is different - The Violet Evergarden Series immediately vaulted into my #1 favorite anime of all time when it came out, by quite a large margin over all of my then Top Ten Girls with Guns themed anme - Noir, Requiem for the Phantom, Gunslinger Girl, Ergo Proxy, Black Lagoon, Ghost in the Shell, etc. Although, the Eternity movie for me was just Ok and was not anywhere near as good as the VE series.

Only two other series have jumped over my Girls with Guns anime since Violet came out. My top three AOAT are now:

1. Violet Evergarden
2. Hanasakeru Seishounen
3. Ancient Magus' Bride

You've reminded me again to get my hands on Hanasakeru Seishonen - it looked like such an interesting series! :)

I think you would really enjoy it! Hanasakeru Seishounen is a Discotek title, it was just released on Blu-ray in November2020, and I first watched it streaming on Crunchyroll. The series itself is from 2009, so it falls within the decade when the majority of my favorite anime was made, 2000-2010.

Pre-Ordered from AOL:

Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System - Collector's Edition Blu-ray
Penguindrum Complete Series - Collector's Edition Blu-ray

Also picked up a 2004 DVD series, used from two different sources to combine together, so it works out to be way cheaper than what the Complete Boxset with all 3 DVDs is going for online

Koi Kaze DVDs 1-3
Koi Kaze Limited Edition Collector's Box with DVD 1

Last edited:
If I Could Reach You vol 4 in the Bookwalker June Bride coin back offer:
*Affiliate link

Gives me enough coins to pay for Chobits 20th Anniversary Edition vol 4, which release got moved back from last Tuesday to Tomorrow.

Moar yuri. Our Wonderful Days (all 3 volumes, complete) and Syrup: A Yuri Anthology (3 vols) from the Bookwalker Yuri Festival coin back event:
*Affiliate links

Plus I pre-ordered vol 3 of Whisper Me a Love Song (I remembered to switch to coin payment which I said I was going to use for Chobits, but forgot. I used those coins on the above instead)

Back