The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

BNA: Brand New Animal deluxe edition vinyl soundtrack
MEGALOBOX collector's edition vinyl soundtrack
Kids on the Slope DVD
Kokoro Connect DVD
Kokoro Connect OVA DVD

Anime Unlimited code already making itself useful with the BNA vinyl

Anonymous Noise on the AL DOTW (£13.50 with AnimeUnlimited) :) I also recently purchased Stellvia Discotek BD release (thanks @Blaize!) and pre-ordered Demon Slayer Part 2 and Future Diary CEs as well :)

We Never Learn vol 1 from Google Books as I had a £2 voucher. This isn't on Bookwalker (Kadokawa) as it's a Shounen Jump title owned by Shueisha and licensed by Viz Media in the West.
Talking of Bookwalker I forgot to mention the vols I got that were released this month: Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro 7, Ascendance of a Bookworm 7, and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs 14. Also just pre-ordered Happy Sugar Life 9 out tomorrow.

Double post, soz!
When I was looking at my Gmail account I noticed an email from Wordery in the promotions folder for a Bank Holiday promotion 15% off every other item in your basket (MAY15), so I got High Score Girl vols 3-5 and pre-ordered Yuru Camp 10.

Noticed they had a page for Yotsuba&! 15, but you can't pre-order yet and nothing for Hakumei and Mikochi 9 yet, so I'll get them pre-ordered nearer their release.

Double post, soz!
When I was looking at my Gmail account I noticed an email from Wordery in the promotions folder for a Bank Holiday promotion 15% off every other item in your basket (MAY15), so I got High Score Girl vols 3-5 and pre-ordered Yuru Camp 10.

Noticed they had a page for Yotsuba&! 15, but you can't pre-order yet and nothing for Hakumei and Mikochi 9 yet, so I'll get them pre-ordered nearer their release.
Oh yeah almost forgot about that code. Might as well order some Aria and New Game volumes as stock is a mess for both. Thanks for the heads up

Ooh. Don’t know the character (though I’ve read your posts about the game) but she’s quite nice.

And you can’t post that many purchases without me wondering, what do you do for a living SAHO? I’m always interested to know how rich people got rich in case it’s something I can do and become equally wealthy. So far crypto is about the only thing I think I might stand a chance at, if you say “have rich parents” I reserve the right to resent you a little, even if you do have taste :p

Ooh. Don’t know the character (though I’ve read your posts about the game) but she’s quite nice.
The world of Arknights is full of mysterious and interesting characters+lore. Hopefully when Yostar Pictures decides to drop an animation for this title, non-players will come across this gem.

And you can’t post that many purchases without me wondering, what do you do for a living SAHO? I’m always interested to know how rich people got rich in case it’s something I can do and become equally wealthy.
Ah I don't usually post about personal information on the internet. I do apologise for not being able to answer that question.

Just to clarify, I'm not actually rich 😂 It's all about managing payments. I buy what I like and sell what I have no use for. Never pay full price in general and only as a last resort for something limited/ potential OOP.

So far crypto is about the only thing I think I might stand a chance at
Crypto and the like is not in my field of expertise so I have no idea how that really works.

if you say “have rich parents” I reserve the right to resent you a little, even if you do have taste :p
Aha, nothing like that. I come from a humble family, rest assured 😁✌️

Last edited:
Thanks for taking that question in the good-humoured spirit it was intended @SAHO, I did feel like a bit of a d*ck this morning.

Man, I see all the stuff you buy. Come on now. It’s probably a good job I don’t have SAHO money anyway, I’d only become Charlie Sheen.

Hey don't feel too bad, I just might become Charlie Sheen too if I were that rich. Let's all be Charlie Sheen! :D

I got Sound Euphonium, £13.50 with AnimeUnlimited discount :)

Last edited:
The world of Arknights is full of mysterious and interesting characters+lore. Hopefully when Yostar Pictures decides to drop an animation for this title, non-players will come across this gem.
I doubt we'll see a series from Yostar Pictures any time soon for multiple reasons. Anime generally have a production time of 3-5 years so for a game that's only just celebrated its 2nd anniversary it's still too early to say. Yostar Pictures is also far to busy for a proper TV series. They currently handle the promotional trailers for three games, occasionally help out on productions like Evangelion and SSSS.DYNAZENON, and are currently working on an original movie with director Keiichi Sato. I'd say it's more likely we'll see an anime from either A-1 Pictures, CloverWorks or Trigger with Yostar Pictures helping out in some way.

Also this is more personal but as much as I love this game I'd much rather see an anime original series because episodes 0-4 are just really bland compared to episodes 5-8. Arknights has a lot of lore to work with so it'd be great to see someone explore it in an anime original series. Something more in the style of the anthology events where each episode focuses on a different set of characters would be nice too

Last edited:
I doubt we'll see a series from Yostar Pictures any time soon for multiple reasons. Anime generally have a production time of 3-5 years so for a game that's only just celebrated its 2nd anniversary it's still too early to say. Yostar Pictures is also far to busy for a proper TV series. They currently handle the promotional trailers for three games, occasionally help out on productions like Evangelion and SSSS.DYNAZENON, and are currently working on an original movie with director Keiichi Sato. I'd say it's more likely we'll see an anime from either A-1 Pictures, CloverWorks or Trigger with Yostar Pictures helping out in some way.
Just wishful thinking from me. Though besides handling Game PVs and Azur Lane 4-koma: Slow Ahead!, I didn't know their schedule was that occupied since they established themselves just last year. Good to know their animation studio is keeping themselves busy gaining as much EXP on the scene (each PV they release is looking more clean).

Also this is more personal but as much as I love this game I'd much rather see an anime original series because episodes 0-4 are just really bland compared to episodes 5-8. Arknights has a lot of lore to work with so it'd be great to see someone explore it in an anime original series. Something more in the style of the anthology events where each episode focuses on a different set of characters would be nice too
Kind of like Fate/ Grand Order in a way. Early game story is pretty weak until it reaches Episode 6 onwards. As you say besides AK's main story, the world of Terra is a treasure chest full of endless lore to explore. An Anime original series would also be pretty neat. If it brings more to the world building, all is good. The "Holy Knight Light" 1st Anni Special Animation is a good start so it's definitely worth considering.

More Yuri: Whisper Me a Love Song vols 1 & 2 and If I Could Reach You vols 1-3 from the Bookwalker June Pride sale:
Also everything is 30% coin back at the moment:

Also pre-ordered Yoshi no Zuikara vol 3 and Chobits 20th Anniversary Edition 4 for next Tuesday.

Back