The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Last day of the early bird and pay day:
Weathering With You Deluxe Edition (Varient Ver) - wasn't going to get this at first and then I didn't have a choice when the original version sold out, but then AL came out with this version minus the one thing I didn't need, the OST (on Spotify), so why not. Well I don't need the 4K just either, but will at some point upgrade.
Will have to buy the DVD separately when I send my sister the Shinkai collection, wonder if they will sell BR & DVD SEs in Sainsbury's again? That won't be this year, hopefully Children Who Chase Lost Voices will a. be a CE combi and b. sometime before next October.

Also from Bookwalker who are doing a 30% coin back at the moment till Aug. 28, 11:59 PM, 2020 PDT:
Screenshot_20200828-142122.png

Random CEX find of the blu-ray of season 2 of Aldnoah.Zero, bit of a bargain for £10 considering it's £20 just for the DVD on Amazon. One of the rare times in recent times where the price has been low compared to Amazon (last couple times I've spotted a title from my "to buy at some point" list it's been more than what Amazon was selling it for new.

Chobits 20th anniversary edition 1, for the third time...

First I ordered it at the biggest dutch webshop, but they keep changing the release date. Then I ordered it at Amazon, but DHL somehow managed to destroy the package before it got even into their distribution process properly. I wonder how Bookdepository will fare, because at this point this particular release is cursed for me lol.

It's fairly simple. What anime or manga did you buy today (or last time you bought some)? Merchandise, soundtracks, posters, figures etc also included!

8) This thread may go on forever knowing the spending habits of many of us.

Edit: Added merchandise
Damn, this thread has gone on for 15 years and people are still replying. I'm impressed!
Anyway, I haven't bought any manga recently, but I bought Tokyo Ghoul a while back and it was really good. In my opinion, it's much better than the anime, which changes a lot of things. I haven't bought any anime, but I recently finished watching Hyouka and I absolutely loved it. It's one of the best anime I've watched.

I was able to snag both Parts of Aniplex of America's Box sets for Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works this past week from eBay, for slightly less than the $180 each they originally sold for new. I had waited just a little too long to get the AoA copies at Rightstuf while they were in stock, and then Part 1 went OOP. Ever since Aniplex announced the complete box set for UBW, I had been hoping some people would rather pick up that set and sell off their original Parts boxes. I was also able to use my $25 for $25 ebay coupon on one of the sales, so I got Part 1 for only $150. Part 1 is like new but is missing the outer bag, and Part 2 is new never opened. Both do have their obi intact. I'll just need to make myself a snug-fitting plastic bag for Part 1, using the heat sealer I have for just that purpose.

I now have all eight original Aniplex box sets of Fate/Zero and UBW, both in the Japanese and AoA releases, and also the two UK box sets of UBW which I had bought as a substitute for the missing AoA sets. Once I receive the AoA UBW sets and check them out to verify they are OK, I can sell off the redundant UK UBW sets, which are both still unopened.

Last edited:
Back