The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Bah! I got my copy of Sword Art Online Alicization with the complete season eps 1-24 + soundtrack CD, 6 months ago from Aniplex, so this one is old news for me... 😜

Sorry, just teasing you guys a little, lol... 😇 You're getting a really nice set over there though with the storage box and lots of artwork and all - I'm actually tempted to double-dip on it!

Last edited:
Bah! I got my copy of Sword Art Online Alicization with the complete season eps 1-24 + soundtrack CD, 6 months ago from Aniplex, so this one is old news for me... 😜

Sorry, just teasing you guys a little, lol... 😇 You're getting a really nice set over there though with the storage box and lots of artwork and all - I'm actually tempted to double-dip on it!
Yeah the Aniplex release looks great, but knowing Aniplex I like to think the UK release from AL is the best choice.

1) It's way cheaper. Getting the obvious out of the way right there. £63-70 to own the series via early bird is pretty solid.
2) The Aniplex of America booklet is very likely included in Part 2's release so that part is sorted.
3) Aniplex has offered soundtracks as a standalone release years later (SAO Seasons 1 & 2 OST collection for instance) so the exclusivity in the US AoA set won't last long.

Outside of video quality (which in the UK release might even be solid or close to identical depending on how Madman have handled it), AoA doesn't have much to offer so AL wins :p And I'm saying that as someone who also imports Aniplex releases from time to time.

I was worried I made the wrong choice as Alt was the AoA discs but this time it’s not. So the better discs and more on disc extras like the commentaries make it worth it for me. If demon slayer isn’t AoA discs and FUNis set is ill get ALs and FUNis.

Well, even with the early bird pricing, I would have to pay two separate international shipping fees of £25 to the US, for a total of £120, or about $156 for both sets. The AoA set was $250, so only about $100 more. I think the AoA set is worth the extra cost for someone buying in the US, but still, I'll be missing out on all that nice artwork and digipaks of the AL set. I would consider double-dipping for the UK sets, but I guess I better not, as I'm shipping out my vintage 1974 Marantz 4270 quadrophonic receiver for a full restoration this coming week, and that's going to cost me about $600-$700 for that.

my4270_800.jpg

Last edited:
Well, even with the early bird pricing, I would have to pay two separate international shipping fees of £25 to the US, for a total of £120, or about $156 for both sets. The AoA set was $250, so only about $100 more. I think the AoA set is worth the extra cost for someone buying in the US, but still, I'll be missing out on all that nice artwork and digipaks of the AL set. I would consider double-dipping for the UK sets, but I guess I better not, as I'm shipping out my vintage 1974 Marantz 4270 quadrophonic receiver for a full restoration this coming week, and that's going to cost me about $600-$700 for that.

I don't know about you but sometimes even if there's an early bird price on AL it's cheaper to get it from Anime Online since their shipping is only 3£ to Sweden although I'm not sure what the shipping to the US is. Could be worth checking out 👍

I did post that shipping to the US is £25, or about $34, so it's pretty steep for one item. But yeah, if I'm only buying one item from AL, it's best to do it when the Early Bird price makes up for at least some of the the shipping cost to the US. One nice thing about buying AoA titles here in the US is that I don't pay any shipping or taxes from Rightstuf, just the listed price.

I did post that shipping to the US is £25, or about $34, so it's pretty steep for one item. But yeah, if I'm only buying one item from AL, it's best to do it when the Early Bird price makes up for some of the the shipping cost to the US.

Okay, I didn't know that the shipping was 25£ on Anime Online as well since they're usually cheaper.

Sorry, misread your post - AOL is I think £8 shipping per item to the US, but they don't offer Early Bird pricing or early releases, so I would have to wait for the regular release date and pricing, which would actually cost a little more.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200929-143502.png
Only needed to spend a little bit on a new title to get the next rank on Bookwalker, so I bought the latest Grand Blue Dreaming vol with coins. Then I was a little short of the next rank so needed more new titles, so I I thought I'd get the final vol of Silver Spoon, which wasn't quite enough so went for Yoshi no Zuikara being the first vol of the latest manga from the author of Barakumon (the premise is very similar).
Need to buy the rest of GBD and SS now LOL, but will have 12% coin back next month!
I also need to get a decent tablet at some point to read all this manga I'm buying. A phone just doesn't cut it, as I've found reading Tokyo Ghoul on the Shounen Jump app.
*Affiliate links.

Last edited:
Both from UP1:
ARIFURETA Limited Edition Blu Ray
Dragonball Super Complete Series - Collector’s Edition Blu Ray.

I had the Super set Pre-ordered on Amazon but buying both of the above from UP1 clocks in at a lower price.

Back