The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Got back from Ye Olde London Town yesterday, and brought these back with me:
IMG_20190611_132223177.jpg

IMG_20190611_132344161.jpg
Starting with a couple of bargains from Forbidden Planet. Poppy Hill is a BD upgrade for me, and My Love Story was only £20! 😮

Thanks to @Aaron 👍 for the heads-up on this one:
IMG_20190611_133428268_BURST000_COVER.jpg
Forbidden Planet had a copy as well (this time filed alongside the Zelda one under "oversized manga"), but since I have a Waterstones card, I got mine out of their Piccadilly branch.

I also picked up a cheap copy of Detonator Orgun in CEX:
IMG_20190611_132554555.jpg
I mainly bought it for the Jonathan Clements commentary track, really, but it's in very good condition, including the slip cover.

Last edited:
Got back from Ye Olde London Town yesterday, and brought these back with me:
View attachment 8935

View attachment 8936
Starting with a couple of bargains from Forbidden Planet. Poppy Hill is a BD upgrade for me, and My Love Story was only £20! 😮

View attachment 8937
Forbidden Planet had a copy as well (this time filed alongside the Zelda one under "oversized manga"), but since I have a Waterstones card, I got mine out of their Piccadilly branch.

I also picked up a cheap copy of Detonator Orgun in CEX:
View attachment 8938
I mainly bought it for the Johnathan Clements commentary track, really, but it's in very good condition, including the slip cover.
Hope you enjoyed your time in London! I’ll have to check out Forbidden Planet tommorow for any anime deals.

Hope you enjoyed your time in London! I’ll have to check out Forbidden Planet tommorow for any anime deals.
The anime section's shrunk massively since I was last there a couple of years ago. It's now just one side of a small shelving unit!

And yeah, I had fun in London, dude. Thanks. 😉
Good luck finding a good deal or two.

The anime section's shrunk massively since I was last there a couple of years ago. It's now just one side of a small shelving unit!

And yeah, I had fun in London, dude. Thanks. 😉
Good luck finding a good deal or two.
Yeah I recall going in there last month or so and it’s tiny now, seems they don’t sell a lot of DVD/Blu Rays.

Yeah I recall going in there last month or so and it’s tiny now, seems they don’t sell a lot of DVD/Blu Rays.
I think, because they don't sell a great number of them, they can't order enough in to get a very competitive wholesaler discount, meaning they have to charge a certain amount to be able to turn profit... so people just buy them elsewhere where they're cheaper. It's a bit of a downward spiral, unfortunately. 😕

Yahoo! I hope it brings you many hours of mushroom-fueled joy!

Here's a song for you to listen to on repeat while you read it...

I think, because they don't sell a great number of them, they can't order enough in to get a very competitive wholesaler discount, meaning they have to charge a certain amount to be able to turn profit... so people just buy them elsewhere where they're cheaper. It's a bit of a downward spiral, unfortunately. 😕
That's what they get for selling anime for more higher prices compared to Cex, Amazon and HMV.
Because of this I been able to grap a lot of anime from there like Kiddy Grade, Burst Angel, Linebarrels etc for £9.99 or less. Just waiting for Amagami SS both seasons to go on sale on whatever format.

The Southampton store is one of their biggest, I think, and they've just expanded their manga area/selection, but the anime section has never been more than a couple of shelves most of which is Ghibli.

Also to stay on topic:
Vinland Saga books 8 & 9
Only 10 to go till 11 is out later this year, but it's full price at the moment compared to half price for these 2 (on Comixology).

Back