The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Wow that's mad. Personally I liked it and there are way worse shows out there so surprised it did so badly as to end the studio!

If it doesn't sell, and the company put alot of money into it. That can lead to eventual bankruptcy. Studios dont' make much/if any profit from shows they are contracted to make so when they do their own original production it can either make them alot of money freeing them up to make more original productions, or become a big massive amount of red ink on their finances. SamFlam is mostly the latter. The were other issues with the studio, but SamFlam really didn't help their situation out.

If it doesn't sell, and the company put alot of money into it. That can lead to eventual bankruptcy. Studios dont' make much/if any profit from shows they are contracted to make so when they do their own original production it can either make them alot of money freeing them up to make more original productions, or become a big massive amount of red ink on their finances. SamFlam is mostly the latter. The were other issues with the studio, but SamFlam really didn't help their situation out.

Fair. It's a real shame though. Even if it's not a huge a success I kinda don't want to see studios getting punished for being brave and pushing the boat out on something original. Guess it's the way it goes though.

@~AyaMachi~ helped to convince me to pull the trigger on Girls' Last Tour and Made in Abyss collector's editions from the MVM Easter sale. :)

;)

It wasn't me, it was the hormones... :oops:

*Goes off to make a cup of tea*

That GLT set is gorgeous though, and I think you'll be glad you went for that one. I'm looking forward to checking those titles out with you some day - awesome! :)

Found in one of my local charity shops Sue. Ryder DN Angel 1-3 (only just know now that the manga has only been officially translated upto volume 13 and the manga has just got out of hiatus oh well.)
Quite rare to see manga in a charity shop though.Last time I saw any manga was the whole set of Fruits Basket a few years ago in our now closed Oxfam shop.
IMG_20190419_151301414_HDR.jpg

Next up on the collection haul is...

D4giW11XoAAx1Qs

High School DxD HERO
Complete Series Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD
This took longer than it should. The plan was to pre-pay the set months ago but at the time the whole Brexit discussion was at its peak so I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay it at the time. Then I tried to order it through DeepDiscount thanks to their 15% off discount, but unfortunately, their system did not recognise my address so that was frustrating. As mentioned in the Photos thread I got some more funds to cover May and there was enough spare for me to get this set as soon as possible.

While DxD BorN did take some time to officially sell out, something tells me that DxD HERO is more likely to sell out due to the adaptation following the novels better than the previous season as well as the content provided this time around. There is a standard edition but we'll see what happens. I wanted to play it safe as I already own the first three seasons in LE form. The set was ordered through United Publications so I expect this to arrive sometime during May.

Remaining Funimation limited editions that I'm interested in currently:
  • Attack on Titan Season 2
  • Free! Movie Collection
  • How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
  • Myriad Colors Phantom World
  • OVERLORD III
  • Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
  • Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202
  • Wanna Be the Strongest in the World

ReZERO2-collector_3D-open-UK.png

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-
Season 1 Part 2 Collector's Edition Blu-ray
The moment they had announced the early bird I immediately ordered it. I like Re:ZERO and considering it's a two parter release I wanted to complete it sooner than later, especially as they were offering a storage box (for the first 1000 units of the 2000 units this set has). Estimated to arrive sometime during May.

Remaining Anime Limited collector's editions that I'm interested in currently:
  • Angelic Layer
  • K: Missing Kings
  • K: Return of Kings
  • Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
  • Mirai
  • (more yet to be revealed in the Q2 slate)

Ordered from Wordery;

I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level volume 4 (light novel)
Konosuba volume 8 (light novel)
Silver spoon volume 8

Back