The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

After never quite getting around to it for years, I finally picked up the full-fat, uncensored original Ghost in the Shell manga. The last time I looked for it, I thought I could remember it having shot up in price, but I got a copy in very good condition for a tenner, so no complaints there.

I didn't realise how much I'd actually missed Shirow's artwork, so I'll probably pick up Orion and Black Magic sometime down the line too.

Titles I'm waiting for to arrive or pre ordered.

Blu ray
Strawberry marshmallow series
Trinity blood
Ghost hound
Rokka braves of the six flowers
The wind rises
Ghost in the shell complete series
Street fighter 2
Berserk

Dvds
Yu-gi-oh zexal season 3
Black Panther

Ps4
Kingdom hearts 2.8

After never quite getting around to it for years, I finally picked up the full-fat, uncensored original Ghost in the Shell manga. The last time I looked for it, I thought I could remember it having shot up in price, but I got a copy in very good condition for a tenner, so no complaints there.

I didn't realise how much I'd actually missed Shirow's artwork, so I'll probably pick up Orion and Black Magic sometime down the line too.
I got everything Shirow that Dark Horse published and I'm glad I did. Not only for the GitS censorship but man, when I was looking at the Kodansha GitS HC in a bookshop I thought the paper quality was just appalling compared the DH editions. It almost feels like bloody newspaper.

DfpSGToXcAAKuu4.jpg

Animerama: A Thousand and One Nights & Cleopatra: Queen of Sex (Limited Edition Blu-ray)
That's right it's time for some 1970s adult anime films! I am very intrigued to check out Osamu Tezuka & Eiichi Yamamoto's earlier Animerama films after watching Belladonna of Sadness so I ordered the upcoming Third Window Films release, which is also the first Blu-ray release in the entire world. Uncut and uncensored with only a 15 rating but still packed with some interesting content including a booklet and audio commentary.

I got everything Shirow that Dark Horse published and I'm glad I did. Not only for the GitS censorship but man, when I was looking at the Kodansha GitS HC in a bookshop I thought the paper quality was just appalling compared the DH editions. It almost feels like bloody newspaper.
That s quite poor quality then and thanks for posting as I'll let a friend know XD

That s quite poor quality then and thanks for posting as I'll let a friend know XD
ymmv of course and I'm sure it's fine for some, but for me that quality of paper just isn't acceptable for a HC "special edition" at all. It does a special disservice to the full colour artwork. Happily Kodansha do seem to have corrected this with their subsequent Battle Angel Alita HCs, which are very good quality. The GitS HCs did seem to have been produced specifically to tie in to the live action film release, so maybe we'll see an uncensored, higher quality large format HC re-release down the road. Here's hoping.

ymmv of course and I'm sure it's fine for some, but for me that quality of paper just isn't acceptable for a HC "special edition" at all. It does a special disservice to the full colour artwork. Happily Kodansha do seem to have corrected this with their subsequent Battle Angel Alita HCs, which are very good quality.
Agree and glad to hear that XD

Picked up One Punch Man Season 1 from CEX in Newcastle today, thereby not giving money to Kaze. Also got some manga: Behind the Scenes 5, Sweet Blue Flowers 3, Nisekoi 18, Alice in Murderland 8 and Haikyuu 17.

My Hero Academia Season 2 Part 2, this release seems to have been a bit of a mess and seems to have had some stock issues on release but Amazon finally dropped the price from like £36 to £25 so I've grabbed it now.

WatqbjK.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin I-IV: Chronicle of Char and Sayla (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
It's a Gundam before Gundam! Thanks to Anime Limited for announcing that this release is going out of print I have placed an order for it literally as soon as I saw the notice, especially as I have the other Gundam boxes so far. I didn't pre-order this at first because I had to decide between this or Love Live & Lupin but there wasn't that big of a difference in price. With Prime it should arrive later tomorrow.

Not gonna lie I didn't think this set would sell out this soon, especially compared to the previous titles in the series (the closest was the original Mobile Suit Gundam Part 1 set by like 3 months).

Those helpfully placed poppies have done your censoring job for you this time Grav :p
Nah, I went all out with the unboxing. I did place an NSFW notice on the title to let people be aware though. It is a nice release overall.

Back