The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ugh, I saw an image of the crap-looking Sentai Premium Edition release for Made in Abyss and immediately bought both of the JP Blu-ray Box sets (non-English-friendly)... I'll just buy Sentai's standard releases when they're on sale cheap two years from now and put the discs in with the JP set.

I also ordered the third JP Box set for Ancient Magus Bride, and Volume 5 of Space Battleship Yamato 2202 - also both non-English-friendly...

Also ordered that Origin I-IV set yesterday evening, although i already own the JP editions. But it would hurt me to see it missing in my AL Gundam collection, so had to double dip it :)

Have you seen Made in Abyss yet @Girls wIth Guns? Would be interesting to hear what you think of it, I find it hard to guess what your reaction would be...

I've seen all but the last two episodes, I need to get back to it and finish it - I'm just into the best parts...

EDIT: Finished it this afternoon. Very good, looking forward to a Season 2, I think that can/will be even better. Still though, for me it wasn't nearly as good as either Ancient Magus Bride or Violet Evergarden. I'd put it on par with Children of the Whales - I'd say these 4 series were my top favorites of the past year, though. Oh, ACCA 13 was Spring 2017, so that would be my #3 pick, also over MiB and Whales...

Last edited:
Bought Matoi the Sacred Slayer while at Sunnycon today. Been on my list for a while thanks to Mia REGINA doing the OP and spotted it and thought why not? I'll see if I can watch it when I've finished the currently airing stuff off over the next week or so.

woof! just dropped a bomb on my first part of the Berserk collection 1-10, amazon, no postage! I'm going to have to wait until I can do a few extra hours in work to keep getting them, luckily, my work takes on more than it can handle often!

woof! just dropped a bomb on my first part of the Berserk collection 1-10, amazon, no postage! I'm going to have to wait until I can do a few extra hours in work to keep getting them, luckily, my work takes on more than it can handle often!
Will you be loaning your berserk collection to other cult members when mionions deserve a reward?

Finally took the plunge and treated myself, after umming and ahhing for ages over things. Admitedly I'm not as much of an anime buff as many of you here, and I'm cool with that. That said, there are some classics I wanted to check out in some form, and I thought I'd take the manga route, since I can chill out whenever I fancy and just read at my own pace instead of feeling commited to watching a series right now (plus I'm more of an enthusiast for the art and visuals anyway and I'm personally not bothered about watching things on streaming sites).

So...

Attachments

• EVA.jpg
    EVA.jpg
    951.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Madoka.jpg
    Madoka.jpg
    814 KB · Views: 6
Finally took the plunge and treated myself, after umming and ahhing for ages over things. Admitedly I'm not as much of an anime buff as many of you here, and I'm cool with that. That said, there are some classics I wanted to check out in some form, and I thought I'd take the manga route, since I can chill out whenever I fancy and just read at my own pace instead of feeling commited to watching a series right now (plus I'm more of an enthusiast for the art and visuals anyway and I'm personally not bothered about watching things on streaming sites).

So...
Madoka magica is a good pick up, that’s for sure.

So...

Just beware that Evangelion, as far as I know, is totally different in manga form, and doesn't strictly follow the events of the show. Madoka is a 1:1 adaptation though :)

Just beware that Evangelion, as far as I know, is totally different in manga form, and doesn't strictly follow the events of the show. Madoka is a 1:1 adaptation though :)
I've been made aware, don't worry :) I just wanted to experience it in "some" form, and to be honest, I really do love Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's artwork, and there's some great looking visuals from what I've flicked through it so far - really sharp art style and lovely colour schemes. I've read somewhere that Kaworu's character is quite drastically different to the anime, and I find him to be very intriguing (a rarity for me to become actually attached in any way to an anime character), so I'd be interested to see how he's portrayed in the manga.

Many thanks Lemon, much appreciated :) Looking forward to Madoka as well.

I've been made aware, don't worry :) I just wanted to experience it in "some" form, and to be honest, I really do love Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's artwork, and there's some great looking visuals from what I've flicked through it so far - really sharp art style and lovely colour schemes. I've read somewhere that Kaworu's character is quite drastically different to the anime, and I find him to be very intriguing (a rarity for me to become actually attached in any way to an anime character), so I'd be interested to see how he's portrayed in the manga.

Many thanks Lemon, much appreciated :) Looking forward to Madoka as well.
You tried watching FLCL yet? I wasn't aware that madoka was "back adapted" FLCL had that too but it's only 6 episodes and the home release is common as muc. It's probably best described as gencov-the anime

Last edited:
You tried watching FLCL yet? I wasn't aware that madoka was "back adapted" FLCL had that too but it's only 6 episodes and the home release is common as muc. It's probably best described as gwncov-the anime
I've not seen it but I've heard of it (and heard positive things about it).

Back