The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
At this rate, I'm more worried about the 'native' R1 companies screwing up and vanishing off the face of the earth :(
I secretly crave this, so we are definitely at opposite ends of the spectrum. ^^;
Wha... Why would you... Our source of cheap and plentiful anime!? You do know that without the US anime industry, everyone outside of Japan (except you and Rui) would just download fansubs for nothing, right?

In my theory, the industry collapses only to be born anew, rid of scum like Funimation and ready to expand - a bit like the video game industry in the 80s.

Note that in my theory I also get married to Erin Andrews, so this may not be entirely based in reality.

Hmm... Since that pretty much mirrors my vision for society as a whole, I'll have to give you that.

I also concur on the subject of fantasy Erins, but Erin O'Connor is best Erin.

Joshawott said:
Well to be exact, Azusa joins in the last episode of volume 2, although her role in that episode is pretty small...
For some reason I thought the series was 13 episodes, with 7 over the first two volumes. D'oh. Still glad I waited, though, as episode 9 delivered the sort of high that one only experiences with an almost lethal dose of cute.

Pre-ordered And Yet the Town Moves (SoreMachi), the first Sentai release to interest me in a good while. I get a quirky slice-of-life comedy vibe from it, and I love quirky slice-of-life comedy. Also, Shaft + Shinbo. Also x 2, the legend that is Shigeru Chiba has a role in the show.

From play.com traders,
Ramen Fighter Miki Complete Collection
Murder Princess Complete Collection

From Planetaxel,
Honey & Clover Box Set 1 (free using axel points)

Latest Planetaxel order,

Region 1 DVD,
Aika R-16 Virgin Mission
Nightmare Campus Complete (Preorder)
Dirty Pair - Original OVA Series (Preorder)

Region A Blu-rays,
Fairy Tail - Part 2 (Preorder)
Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings Season 2 (Preorder)
Phantom - Requiem For The Phantom (Preorder)
B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time - Complete Series (Limited Edition) (Preorder)
World God Only Knows (Preorder)
Sekirei - Complete Second Season - Pure Engagement Complete Collection (Limited Edition) (Preorder)

I had a credit of around £21 on my account from when Planetaxel cancelled my Last Exile bd preorder.

mangaman74 said:
Latest Planetaxel order,

Region 1 DVD,
Aika R-16 Virgin Mission
Nightmare Campus Complete (Preorder)
Dirty Pair - Original OVA Series (Preorder)

Region A Blu-rays,
Fairy Tail - Part 2 (Preorder)
Sengoku Basara - Samurai Kings Season 2 (Preorder)
Phantom - Requiem For The Phantom (Preorder)
B Gata H Kei - Yamada's First Time - Complete Series (Limited Edition) (Preorder)
World God Only Knows (Preorder)
Sekirei - Complete Second Season - Pure Engagement Complete Collection (Limited Edition) (Preorder)

I had a credit of around £21 on my account from when Planetaxel cancelled my Last Exile bd preorder.
wait................theres a Sengoku Basara season 2 on blu ray?
how come its not on dvd. iv got the 1st season but why isn't there a season 2 for dvd

The blu-ray is a combo pack, like most Funimation releases nowadays. It contains the blu-ray and DVD versions for season 2. Though some of the short bonus episodes (which are awesome) are blu-ray only due to a weird licensing requirement.

R

Rui said:
The blu-ray is a combo pack, like most Funimation releases nowadays. It contains the blu-ray and DVD versions for season 2. Though some of the short bonus episodes (which are awesome) are blu-ray only due to a weird licensing requirement.

R
il have to keep my eye on blu ray/dvd combos thanks RUI

is there any bonus on the 1st season of it or is it only on the second season blu ray /dvd combo cause i have the 1st season on dvd.
should i get sell my 1st season dvd and get the blu ray /dvd combos of both seasons or what?

fabricatedlunatic said:
Also... the first three volumes of K-ON on DVD. Wanted to wait until vol.3 was out 'cos that's where Azusa makes her first appearance and gosh darn it she's too cute. I blame all those scans in Megami Deluxe. And ilmaestro, that evil genius bastard.
I totally did miss this post! :s Clearly I should try to monetize my talents.

ayase said:
Rideback R1 LE... from Germany.

This crazy international marketplace.
Do you feel more cultured and European now?

animefreak17 said:
Rui said:

R

is there any bonus on the 1st season of it or is it only on the second season blu ray /dvd combo cause i have the 1st season on dvd.
should i get sell my 1st season dvd and get the blu ray /dvd combos of both seasons or what?

I currently own the Region B blu-ray of season 1 but I'll be looking to sell that and get the Region A version which is being released on the same day as season 2 is released and is also a blu-ray/dvd combo.

I haven't preordered season 1 yet as it's not a limited edition (judging from past releases & prices season 2 comes with an artbox). Also as I still have planetaxel points to spend, I may use them to buy the season 1 blu-ray/dvd combo.

Stuff I ordered this morning,
Tower of Druaga Complete Collection (Anime-on-Line deal of the week)
Kamichu OST

Preordered,
Arrietty: Deluxe Collector's Edition - Double Play (Blu-Ray/DVD)
Welcome To The Space Show: 2blu

Arrietty, Welcome to the Space Show & Whisper of the Heart (which is already on preorder) are my brother's Christmas present to me. In return I'll be buying him a couple of comic books.

animefreak17 said:
Rui said:

R

Oh, you edited your post and I missed this bit, I think. For season one, the bonus mini episodes (with Mouri and Chousokabe complaining about not being in the episodes much) were also split up weirdly on the US version. The DVD version only had a couple of them, whereas the blu-ray release had the lot. They weren't as fabulous as the season two mini episodes (personal bias) but if you want to own everything, picking up the new combo isn't a bad idea.

I can't remember what the UK DVD had as I'm not at home at the moment to check. I'm just assuming it was the same as the US.

Also, if you buy it again, you can watch the blu-ray down the line. And the series will then gain another sale, furthering my personal agenda for the eventual US movie release to be a special edition...heh heh heh.

R

@mangaman74 no i mean i have the dvd of sengoku basara season 1 but since there isn't a dvd season 2 should i sell the one i have currently and buy the blu ray /dvd combos instead

Back