The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Evangelion 2.22 Collector's Edition.
It's been on my 'ought to order' list for a while, and Paradox mentioning it was on BD standard for £6 or Collectors BD for £8 on Amazon right now was the clincher.

Yoink!

Ironically, much as I like the box sets, there's something about larger singles I like. Collections are better from a space and money side of things (and occasionally) extras, but there's something nice about the higher level of effort that has often gone into individually released volume casing.

Lawrence said:
I agree, the Code Geass has nice artwork.

Mmm. I like Death Note's singles too. I tend to get singles for the shows I like best; they're allowed more shelf space because they're top tier :p Although I don't have the singles of it, Full Metal Panic! had a nice set of single covers, each one a different mech.

you know the old theater poster like raiders of the lost ark and other art work thats like that......................... well those posters were drawn and beautifully made some single dvds like gurren largann, death note, code geass ect has nice artwork, but these days people will just take photographs and copy and paste on theater posters its the same with all dvds covers these days. if they tried to do some art instead of copy and paste then maybe other people might say...........,the arts nice on this dvd it looks interesting

Haulin' Manga...Like A BOUSS!

United Publications Clearance Sale Haul

Slam Dunk: Volumes 4 - 10 (some people bought 11 so I scrubbed 12 off too...For Now!)
Dragonball VIZBig: Volumes 4 - 5 (or Volumes 10 - 16) (*Completed Series)
Shaman King: Volume 11 (OOP/RARE Volume now!)
KimiKiss: Volumes 2 - 5 (Got these instead of those Slam Dunk volumes, worked out Cheaper too!)

Amazon Order

Slam Dunk: Volumes 1 - 3

(probably not the last!)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Lawrence said:
I agree, the Code Geass has nice artwork.

Mmm. I like Death Note's singles too. I tend to get singles for the shows I like best; they're allowed more shelf space because they're top tier :p Although I don't have the singles of it, Full Metal Panic! had a nice set of single covers, each one a different mech.
Heh, of course Death Note has the oddity (at least in R2) that the singles actually have *less* cover art than the boxset, since the boxset has all nine discs with their separate R1 covers.
Though with the boxset you don't get any of the figurines, we didn't exactly get many here anyway...

TheLasersharkKH said:

You stole my evening! I ended up going a bit crazy in the sale too. £80 worth of heavily discounted manga was purchased.

R

Rui said:
TheLasersharkKH said:

You stole my evening! I ended up going a bit crazy in the sale too. £80 worth of heavily discounted manga was purchased.

R

I've just been buying stuff so I hope we haven't clashed.

I brought Foxy Lady Volumes 2-3 (£2.10 and £1.95) the manga version of Cat Girl Nuku Nuku (£4.25). I also brought The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya for £11.99.

I doubt I clashed, most of what I picked up was fairly obscure (Rui glosses over the fact here that she can't actually remember most of it). My other half added a load of Slam Dunk and 20th Century Boys though.

I also grabbed that Yamamoto Youko CD that was just sitting there, staring at me. Quite a good deal on the CDs and some of the figures, but I already have most of what I want.

R

Rui said:
I doubt I clashed, most of what I picked up was fairly obscure (Rui glosses over the fact here that she can't actually remember most of it). My other half added a load of Slam Dunk and 20th Century Boys though.

R

I Clashed with orders for Slam Dunk 7 + 10, unlucky me (Shaman King and Dragonball too)

Some volumes have disappeared also from my list the highlight Being Pluto.

Darker than BLACK Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD [Region 1]
Shakugan no Shana box set

Looking forward for the delivery of DTB2 :D

Back