The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

A bit delayed, but Redline BD/DVD arrived yesterday. My evening tonight shall probably consist of watching that. Very much looking forward to it.

Also ordered:

The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya(Hardback) - Volume 6
Spice & Wolf novel 5

Less than a month now to S&W 5 :)

I've got mine on preorder but keeping an eye on UP1 closer to the time to see if they get the american imports in sooner.

@Stackpack argument

I'm extremely used to those sort of containers with the amount of games I've bought over the years.
I wouldn't say they're my favourite sort of storage, but as long as they're for the right number of discs, I actually don't mind them, because at least your discs are safe unless they got dirt/plastic inbetween them.

(Which actually happened with a little broken bit of clip with my Kanon discs, which came in a multidisc case rather than stackpack, was a :eek: :cry: moment when I realised, luckily the damage was superficial and didn't affect playback)

Some of the other disc cases internally look a bit nicer, but my preference will always be with case stylings which protect the discs more, and stackpack is at least better than some in this regards, the strong central holding spine also helps protect the discs if you have to stack cases on thier side rather than standing up, which is a bonus.

Aside from it sometimes being difficult to remove discs from a stackpack hub, there's also logistical concerns.

For example, I'm finished with disc 1 and go to put in back in the case - only I can't because I have to remove disc 2 first, THEN put disc 1 back in the case. Later, I'm finished with disc 2. This time I have to remove discs 1 and 3 before putting 2 then 1 back on the hub. And this gets worse the further you get.

A First World Problem, yes, but one that could be avoided by NOT USING STACKPACKS.

I never said they were perfect.
But in the scheme of things, I'd rather take safety of the discs over being slightly more accessible. Obviously I'd rather have both :D

Isn't there a chance of discs being scuffed as they lay on top of one another? I avoid Stackpacks like the plague and am not a big PC gamer, so I don't really know how likely that is to happen.

But I do know that in almost 12 years of buying DVDs there have been relatively few that came loose from their hubs. Fewer still had any damage. And none haven't worked. As long as decent cases are used (unfortunately this isn't always the case) the discs should stay put.

Only if the discs are heavily textured, if they're relatively flat on top, there's minimal chance (and minimal movement), and in this sense its no different to the cases that part lay 1 disc over another. Providing the discs aren't really loose on the spindle, they don't tend to move much in this sort of case anyway.

Unfortunately way too many cases use the simple apply pressure in one place and disc comes off release. It's simple, but far more likely to result in disc damage :(

I managed to scrabble together 7 thinpack cases for the Genshiken collection. The stackpack now lies in a cupboard with the Tenchi GXP card book thing.

The only other stack pack I have is for The Frighteners DC collection. Fortunately it's only the movie that I watch with any regularity, so that's always on top.

In my opinion, all discs should be accessible, so no overlaps, and definitely no stacking.

Best collection cases are the Amaray style books that Bandai used for the Anime Legends a few years back. One disc either side of two central panels, one disc front and rear of the case. Six discs conveniently stored.

Now that I watch one episode a night of a series, I've taken to transferring discs from collection cases (especiially overlap cases) to blank CD cases over the nights that I watch them. It's especially useful for Naruto and Bleach. I have all my long running shonen in a CD binder that holds 240 discs. I don't want to lug that around.

Today I bought House of Five Leaves again, as it seems my original shipment was lost in the post. Thanks, Royal Mail :p

One day, I will get to watch it!

R

Over the past few days I ordered:
Gun x Sword and Saiyuki reload from anime online
Saiyuki requiem from amazon
Saiyuki and saiyuki gunlock from right stuf
Pre ordered cowboy bebop from hmv

Back