The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Oh, weird, I need to get a couple of those YUA boxsets, too. I keep meaning to order them. I have a sexy R2J boxset of season two, but yeah - I don't know why it hasn't been released over this side of the world (I assume that there is an actual good reason?).

Gundam Seed: Box 1 (Beez)

Although I own 8 volumes, I'm missing volumes 4-5 and the first 2 volumes are R1. So, since it goes for a stupid amount new from stores, I thought it'd be good to spend around £25 on it.

Remote: Volumes 1-4
Lament of the Lamb: Volumes 1-5

Remote sounds a lot like Death Note and is supposed to be better than its rating on MAL suggests.

I've wanted LotL for awhile. Last time I won an auction for volumes 1-5 the seller never sent, and I lost about 75p when I was refunded the Irish way. This time around I've paid £2-3 more.

ilmaestro said:
Oh, weird, I need to get a couple of those YUA boxsets, too. I keep meaning to order them. I have a sexy R2J boxset of season two, but yeah - I don't know why it hasn't been released over this side of the world (I assume that there is an actual good reason?).
I'm guessing the answer is no, but here goes nothing.
Would these sexy box sets have subs?

I've got S1 myself and I love everything Fujishima so far.

I'm also eagerly waiting for AMG S2 as well...

Aion said:
Gundam Seed: Box 1 (Beez)

Although I own 8 volumes, I'm missing volumes 4-5 and the first 2 volumes are R1. So, since it goes for a stupid amount new from stores, I thought it'd be good to spend around £25 on it.

Good move also because three of my five "part one" discs from Bandai in the US are completely unplayable due to their dubious quality control. For Seed, Beez have the better quality release. And that's a nice price.

I haven't bought anything in ages! So I just ordered Guu Deluxe 2 as it's not exactly getting cheaper by the second.

R

chaos said:
ilmaestro said:
I'm guessing the answer is no, but here goes nothing.
Would these sexy box sets have subs?
No, sorry. :(

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/23394995@N06/page3/">It is really sexy, though</a> (bottom half of page).

Rui said:
Good move also because three of my five "part one" discs from Bandai in the US are completely unplayable due to their dubious quality control. For Seed, Beez have the better quality release. And that's a nice price.

I haven't bought anything in ages! So I just ordered Guu Deluxe 2 as it's not exactly getting cheaper by the second.

R

It turned out to be a bad move. The set arrived today, the actual box with a nasty bash to one corner and other knocks, including a rip to the hinge inside/outside. The extras box is in bin worthy condition, creased to hell and very tatty.

The design of the set is pretty bad. I was expecting a standard art box but it came in a set that opens down the middle. Not nice looking and easy to damage.

I knew it was a bit of a risk when the image wasn't clear and the seller vague but I still expected to end up happy. Now I have to deal with the seller, and I can't lie about it not arriving because it was sent Recorded. I've lost every 'Not As Described' PayPal dispute in the past because they wanted hard evidence, like an independant report.

Aion said:
It turned out to be a bad move. The set arrived today, the actual box with a nasty bash to one corner and other knocks, including a rip to the hinge inside/outside. The extras box is in bin worthy condition, creased to hell and very tatty.

The design of the set is pretty bad. I was expecting a standard art box but it came in a set that opens down the middle. Not nice looking and easy to damage.

I knew it was a bit of a risk when the image wasn't clear and the seller vague but I still expected to end up happy. Now I have to deal with the seller, and I can't lie about it not arriving because it was sent Recorded. I've lost every 'Not As Described' PayPal dispute in the past because they wanted hard evidence, like an independant report.

Thats unlucky, This is where i sometimes buy anime. they have stores up and down the country and you can usually pop in and check the state/condition of the anime then decide if its a worthy purchase.
they also deliver as far as im aware so it could be something you might want to take a look at :thumb:

O/T: Hellsing Ultimate 1-2

naruto 34-37

I hate how they amend the manga when they translate it

In naruto Shikamaru smoking being the best example. They have actually editied out the cigarettes through out the 4 volumes despite how significant they are after Asuma dies. like wtf??

Last edited by a moderator:
I won auctions for volumes 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9 of Hellsing a few hours ago. The average spent per volume was around £2.30.

Since I recently won auctions for the other four volumes, paying around £3 per volume, I'll own the complete collection once what I paid for today arrives. On MAL it says there are ten volumes for Hellsing but I can only find nine...

I'm not sure if you're complimenting me for being good at spending my money or calling me tight. Oh well, I suppose it's true I'm tight...

I'm impressed that there's someone who regards Metropolis as the best anime ever, by the way.

The deals you mention sounded so good, I'm just hoping your volumes will be in their advertised condition.

As for my opinions, they can be a little unorthodox at times...

Back