The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
I picked up a long OOP US DVD box set of xxxHolic today in an eBay auction, with all 6 discs still sealed in shrink wrap with security stickers. Ironically, the seller is a store in Japan, so I have to import it back to the USA! 😂

xxxholicusbox.jpg

xxxholicusbox2.jpg

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
It is nice to see someone is still willing to purchase DVD box sets.
We were having a discussion over in the OOP Anime thread on blu-ray.com about how scarce xxxHolic releases are - even the S.A.V.E. edition of the series is going for $80-$100 now. I do own the S.A.V.E. edition, but I had always wanted to get the 2008 box set, although it was already OOP when I had started looking for one and very hard to find. So this was a rare opportunity to pick one of these up complete with all six discs, as the box only ever sold new as a starter set with just disc 1.

I will only buy a few anime series I like on DVD that never got a Blu-ray release, or when the Blu-ray release is of worse quality than the DVDs (Funimation!). I also will sometimes buy an attractive DVD box set for just the chipboard art box and disc cases, so I can frankenstein the discs from a boring standard Blu-ray set into a more attractive package. Other than in these instances, I've been totally done with DVDs since I went full HD with all my A/V equipment back in 2008.

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
Teasing Master Takagi-san Vols 7-12 from the Bookwalker Valentines coin back event in order to get enough coins to pre-order Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 18 and Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro vol 10 for next Tuesday. Missed pre-ordering 3 volumes last week because there was nothing I wanted in the last event. Starting to run low on volumes on my wishlist.
*Affiliate link

CommanderZx2

Adventurer
Just pre-ordered these two from rightstuf.
Super Cub Blu-ray
Full Dive This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! Blu-ray/DVD

Taxes and shipping sure are pricey now a days, it's basically 1/3 of the total cost.

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
From Bookwalker:
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Vols 8-12
Fairy Tale Battle Royale Vols 1-4
Attack on Titan vol 26
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol 18

Konosuba from the site wide 30% coin back promotion now over. AoT from the Winter Season promotion, Fairy Tale Battle Royale from the Survival Game promotion and Yuuna just because I needed to spend some money on new titles for the next rank, it's too new to be in a promotion. There's also an Elf Appreciation promotion.
*Affiliate links

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
Konosuba from the site wide 30% coin back promotion now over. AoT from the Winter Season promotion, Fairy Tale Battle Royale from the Survival Game promotion and Yuuna just because I needed to spend some money on new titles for the next rank, it's too new to be in a promotion. There's also an Elf Appreciation promotion.
*Affiliate links
What rank do you normally aim for? I usually sit around regular but I think I've already hit Jack for March due to a bunch of series having new volumes at once this month...

Otomo

Brigade Leader
The Witches of Adamas.
Only read a few pages but it might be the the one that gets me out of my bad run.
I found Live next door to a hot elf and Call girl in another world a bit bland.

Tamamo Chan is a Fox 🦊 4.
Very amusing.

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
Belle Pre-order at Shout! Factory, includes 18" x 24" folded (grr!) poster for limited time. Release Date is May 17.

Target stores are getting an exclusive steelbook release for the movie, but they have not posted it on their website yet. Will double-dip on that one as well.

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
From Bookwalker using the 30% off code from the Seven Seas survey:
Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn Vols 5 & 6
Kase-san and Yamada Vol. 2
Kageki Shojo!! Vol. 4

Pre-ordered for next Tuesday:
BAKEMONOGATARI (manga) Vol 13
Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn Vol 15

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
Belle Pre-order at Shout! Factory, includes 18" x 24" folded (grr!) poster for limited time. Release Date is May 17.

Target stores are getting an exclusive steelbook release for the movie, but they have not posted it on their website yet. Will double-dip on that one as well.

Pre-orders for the Target Exclusive Belle Steelbook finally went up earlier this afternoon on their retail website. I placed my pre-order after I got home from work and ate supper, around 7:00 pm, and by 9:00 pm their product page stated that pre-orders were sold out. Wow, that was only about an 8 hour window for pre-ordering! Mock-up image of steelbook:

belletargetsteel.jpg

Last edited:

Titan

Time-Traveller
Ordered from Anime-On-Line:

Chivalry of a Failed Knight - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Dai Shogun - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Devils and Realist - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Norn9 - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna - Complete Series (Blu-ray)

May go back for Little Busters & Super Sonico later.

Edit:

Ordered from UP1:

Dr Stone, Season 2 LE (DVD/Blu-ray)
Isekai Quartet, Season 2 (Blu-ray)
Yamada's First Time: B Gata H Kei (Essentials Blu-ray)

Last edited:

RonJB

Student Council President
So I picked up a few items in the recent RightStuf mystery box discounts (two $20 items and five $10 items). Not sure which is which, but interesting that I only got discs, despite it supposed to include manga and figures. Also not sure if it was worth it, as after tax/delivery they worked out to about £11 each. Also bought Hagania Next (and was forced to buy the Malaysian version of Haganai as the eBay sale from Aus fell through).
0R3A0183_1.JPG

SkwigglesWorth

Adventurer
So I picked up a few items in the recent RightStuf mystery box discounts (two $20 items and five $10 items). Not sure which is which, but interesting that I only got discs, despite it supposed to include manga and figures. Also not sure if it was worth it, as after tax/delivery they worked out to about £11 each. Also bought Hagania Next (and was forced to buy the Malaysian version of Haganai as the eBay sale from Aus fell through).
View attachment 23586
From what I read when I was considering it the only one that seemed to sound like it had figures in was the one called something like "mystery swag" but there was only one of that type. Also for that bundle when I added to my basket postage also jumped up for that one and I can only assume becuase they were possibly bigger items.
But yeah manga was a possiblity in the bundles you went for, maybe they choose against manga cause they weight more or maybe they just had miles more surplus of anime.