The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

ActionFaust

Za Warudo
Made an order with Mandarake for:
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club 7 volume Blu-ray collection
Keifuku-san DVD
Love Live! Superstar!! art book
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club fan book

Since I hate consistency in my collection I went for the Japanese release of the Nijigasaki series. But more seriously Nijigasaki is my favourite instalment in the franchise thus far and I figured I'd go for something a bit grander than the usual Anime Limited release. Threw in a few extras as well including Keifuku-san, a neat little OVA from Studio Irodori, the creative trio behind Kemono Friends' first season and Kemurikusa.

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
Ordered two Japanese Blu-ray Releases from amazon.co.jp yesterday, and they will be delivered on Monday:

RWBY Volume 8 First Press Limited Edition
Radwimps: Your Name Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra Concert

61ZrsrQyTTL._AC_SX569_.jpg

716JaI-CJKL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
Vagabond vol 4 and pre-ordered Yuru Camp vol 11 using the code for 10% off from filling out a survey on Wordery:

jonno394

Za Warudo
Came across the Region A versions Magical Index 2 and Scientific Railgun 2 for £10 each on ebay and I couldn't not buy them for that price.

Now just to get the first seasons, probably next month. The decision now is do I get the UK versions of the first seasons or try to get the USA release...?

SkwigglesWorth

Adventurer
I think the main annoyance with the UK versions was they switched from Blu-ray cases too a flimsy box with 2 DVD cases for dual play for season 2 (but you've avioded that for the most part), so there was never really a good way to display (I just re-cased a bunch on stuff into the S1's). Seaons 1 of the UK one's also had a 14mm case with art box (or can come/ may have been first run only). US Season 1 is just a slip cover I belive.

The US season 2's I think are in fat blu-ray cases so I would think mixing wouldn't matter too much, but they also haven't pushed out Season 3 or anything more recent in the UK, so will have to wait and see if that even happens.

Jus t a quick check if a certain set of disc has any defects via the defective disc thread:
A Certain Scientific Railgun season 1 (Manga UK): There's a 7-second video glitch which was also present on the US edition.

I suspect UK version will be easier and cheaper to get hold of and probably just margina cover differnces but depends how much that'll bother you(), may even find one with an art box, and region B is always a nice option.

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
From a Bookwalker coin back event:
Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn Vol. 1 & 2
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex Vol. 1 & 2
Ghost in the Shell: Global Neural Network

Lambadelta

Cardcaptor
Forgot to post this, but it got shipped lately and I haven't received it yet so not too late

From Yahoo Auctions JP & Mercari

Heaven Official's Blessing Volume 2 BD
Heaven Official's Blessing BD Storage Box

Mattrivers95

Completely Average High School Student
Just bought the new Korean lenticular steel book slip cover of weathering with you and amaray slipcover of 5 centimetres per second from novamnm.com. They’re planning the rest of skinkai’s back catalogue too.

Attachments

• 389A8C14-F0C5-47DA-A012-BF071CEF6CD3.jpeg
    389A8C14-F0C5-47DA-A012-BF071CEF6CD3.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 6
  • F158A75E-F9C7-4D28-8A25-74C6C8EFB083.jpeg
    F158A75E-F9C7-4D28-8A25-74C6C8EFB083.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
Just bought the new Korean lenticular steel book slip cover of weathering with you and amaray slipcover of 5 centimetres per second from novamnm.com. They’re planning the rest of skinkai’s back catalogue too.
Yep, I just ordered the Weathering with You 4K+BD Lenticular steelbook from Nova Media yesterday. I've been collecting only lenticular anime releases from Korea over the past 8 years, starting out with the two Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig Lenticular box sets. I have 14 or 15 of their lenticular anime sets in my collection now. The only one I missed that I am aware of was the Akira lenticular, so I'll have to try to pick up a used copy elsewhere, eventually.

I love lenticular Blu-ray releases just as much as I love 3D movies and my 3D projection theater in my basement! :cool: <-- 3D glasses!

Last edited:

Mattrivers95

Completely Average High School Student
Yep, I just ordered the Weathering with You 4K+BD Lenticular steelbook from Nova Media yesterday. I've been collecting only lenticular anime releases from Korea over the past 8 years, starting out with the two Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2nd Gig Lenticular box sets. I have 14 or 15 of their lenticular anime sets in my collection now. The only one I missed that I am aware of was the Akira lenticular, so I'll have to try to pick up a used copy elsewhere, eventually.

I love lenticular Blu-ray releases just as much as I love 3D movies and my 3D projection theater in my basement! :cool: <-- 3D glasses!
Yeah that akira set’s already legendary, I keep checking eBay but they only have the box sets that contain all three editions. The cheapest listing at the moment is £365 plus shipping.

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
From a couple of Bookwalker coin back events:
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex Vols 3-5
Teasing Master Takagi-san Vols 1-6
Left it to the last minute again, so no link, but there is a sale on at the moment which GitS:SAC was in:
*Affiliate link

Also got Takagi-san 13, Slasher Maidens 4 and the second volume of the Bloom into You Anthology on release on Tuesday via pre-order and have pre-ordered Wave, Listen to Me vol 8 for next Tuesday.

Oldmario

Thousand Master

i somehow came into possession of a 3DTV last year you just reminded me i need to try and see if i can still get a cheapish copy of SSS3D

Girls with Guns

Za Warudo
i somehow came into possession of a 3DTV last year you just reminded me i need to try and see if i can still get a cheapish copy of SSS3D
Cool, I have the JP 3D Blu-ray release for that one, along with the Japanese 3D versions of 009 Re:Cyborg and the first Garden of Sinners movie Overlooking View - and a Hong Kong limited release of Space Captain Harlock 3D, that came with a full-size rolled theatrical poster which is still hanging on the wall of my theater room:

harlock5.jpg

D1tchd1gger

Soul Reaper
New set of Bookwalker coin back events are live with the big one being the site wide 30% coin back. I didn't buy anything from the others, but early volumes of books with these themes will have a higher percentage: Isekai, Vampires and Gender Bender.
*Affiliate links
I got:
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! Vols 4 & 5
Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games Vol. 2
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Vol. 16
Girl Friends Vol. 5
Robo Sapiens: Tales of Tomorrow (Omnibus)
Just to catch up or finish up series. With the coins I got Chasing After Aoi Koshiba (yuri) vols 1 & 2 because they never seem to be in a coin back event, but are currently on sale. I then pre-ordered vol 3 due out next Tuesday.
And finally to have enough coins for now 2 pre-orders next Tuesday I got New Game! vol 7.

Vincentdante

Cardcaptor
Pre-ordered the Mugen Train CE from Zavvi.

Will cancel if it comes to light that it's an inferior release or if someone else get's it for cheaper. But Zavvi is nice that it doesn't charge me upfront so I have that option without much hassel.