The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Here's what I brought back from Glasgow and Scotland Loves Anime:

IMG_20181015_160952706.jpg
Happened across FFVII in CEX; it was only 50p for the two-DVD edition. The packaging is in very good condition, and the discs are completely unmarked.

Dominion Tank Police Acts III & IV cost a bit more, but it completes the set for me, and the packaging is in mint condition.

I was hoping HMV would have both parts of Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga in stock, and they did. Part 1 was originally mislabelled as still being £14.99, but I checked at the till, and it was the same price as part 2. Big thanks to @llamareborn for the unintentional heads-up on this back in August. ;)
Plus points on my store card.

Also picked up the SLA 2018 programme, which is an absolutely outstanding piece of work; looking forward to delving into that. :)
And I got an art card for each of the films I saw, very kindly handed out in the cinema by @Jeremy Graves. The cards are absolutely lovely — glossy and very high-quality.

IMG_20181015_162504015.jpg
The day after I got back, I popped into HMV to get the latest Satoshi Kon reissue, plus double points. Tokyo Godfathers on UK BD: what a time to be alive. :)

Here's what I brought back from Glasgow and Scotland Loves Anime:

View attachment 5247
Happened across FFVII in CEX; it was only 50p for the two-DVD edition. The packaging is in very good condition, and the discs are completely unmarked.

Dominion Tank Police Acts III & IV cost a bit more, but it completes the set for me, and the packaging is in mint condition.

I was hoping HMV would have both parts of Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga in stock, and they did. Part 1 was originally mislabelled as still being £14.99, but I checked at the till, and it was the same price as part 2. Big thanks to @llamareborn for the unintentional heads-up on this back in August. ;)
Plus points on my store card.

Also picked up the SLA 2018 programme, which is an absolutely outstanding piece of work; looking forward to delving into that. :)
And I got an art card for each of the films I saw, very kindly handed out in the cinema by @Jeremy Graves. The cards are absolutely lovely — glossy and very high-quality.

View attachment 5248
The day after I got back, I popped into HMV to get the latest Satoshi Kon reissue, plus double points. Tokyo Godfathers on UK BD: what a time to be alive. :)
Getting double points with HMV has been a frequent occurrence with my own purchases recently too courtesy of Arrow and their latest sale and LE sets. Seem to be racking up points very quickly.

There’s a box set or two that I wouldn’t mind knocking £10 or £20 off so I’m happy to let them build up.
30,000 = £5
55,000 = £10
100,000 =£20
150,000 = £50

You'll notice that the number of points needed to double your discount is itself less than double. (55,000 rather than 60,000; 100,000 rather than 110,000.)

It seems pointless having any more than the £20 discount, because it has to all be used in one transaction. Once you trade your points in online for discount, it will also expire if it's left sitting on the card for six months.

For reference, cashing in your points for discount is instantaneous. I once cashed in my points on the PureHMV site at the till using my phone, and the discount was already good to go. :)

30,000 = £5
55,000 = £10
100,000 =£20
150,000 = £50

You'll notice that the number of points needed to double your discount is itself less than double. (55,000 rather than 60,000; 100,000 rather than 110,000.)

It seems pointless having any more than the £20 discount, because it has to all be used in one transaction. Once you trade your points in online for discount, it will also expire if it's left sitting on the card for six months.

For reference, cashing in your points for discount is instantaneous. I once cashed in my points on the PureHMV site at the till using my phone, and the discount was already good to go. :)
Yeah I’m almost at 100,000.

71vr-Gvbc-ZVL-SL1063.jpg

The Testament of Sister New Devil
Complete Season 1 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
I am a man of culture.

615kz6drf-VL-SL1005.jpg

The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
Complete Season 2 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
I am also a man of culture.

71vr-Gvbc-ZVL-SL1063.jpg

The Testament of Sister New Devil
Complete Season 1 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
I am a man of culture.

615kz6drf-VL-SL1005.jpg

The Testament of Sister New Devil BURST
Complete Season 2 (Collector's Edition) Blu-ray
I am also a man of culture.

Very nice, Double dose of devilish goodness. A Man of culture 😏 suuuuuure. Enjoy that late night viewing. 😉

(S-cry-ed vol 1 to6 dvd Nekotachi Entertainment),,
Unbreakable Machine-Doll Blu-ray/DVD SAVE Edition,,World Break Aria Of Curse For A Holy Swordsman Essentials Blu-Ray,,Akashic Record Of Bastard Magic Instructor Blu-Ray/DVD,, Super Sonico Scissors Bag - Live,, Super Sonico Super Pochako Original fabric poster

spend £ 145,33 (€165.21)

I keep posting anime stuff in the general What did you Buy Today thread instead of here, so here is an update to my post over there...

I adjusted my final pledge down $50 in the Emma: A Victorian Romance Kickstarter, to the House Maid Deluxe 2 level, to include Season 2, along with the extra $60 for the art book, which with stretch goals will now include both seasons and a hardcover with faux-leather finish and foil embossing. The Kickstarter closed at noon EST with a total of $253K.

I keep posting anime stuff in the general What did you Buy Today thread instead of here, so here is an update to my post over there...

I adjusted my final pledge down $50 in the Emma: A Victorian Romance Kickstarter, to the House Maid Deluxe 2 level, to include Season 2, along with the extra $60 for the art book, which with stretch goals will now include both seasons and a hardcover with faux-leather finish and foil embossing. The Kickstarter closed at noon EST with a total of $253K.
I also went for House Maid Deluxe 2.

Contemplated on this for a while, not to long mind you, and took the dive and triple-dipped on K-ON after already having the regular US seasons and UK movie, and the excellent Japanese versions. Must be obvious by now that this is one of my favourite shows ;)

k-on-box-set-blu-ray.jpg

Contemplated on this for a while, not to long mind you, and took the dive and triple-dipped on K-ON after already having the regular US seasons and UK movie, and the excellent Japanese versions. Must be obvious by now that this is one of my favourite shows ;)

k-on-box-set-blu-ray.jpg
I know the feeling. Looking forward to adding this to my collection.

Back