The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I pre-ordered some more Aniplex goodness last night, this time from Tokyo Otaku Mode, as they were having a 48-hour 20% off sale, which included AoA titles. I ordered 4 more releases to add to my growing Aniplex collection - both Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Blu-ray box sets, and both Fate/Apocrypha box sets, and saved myself $95 over Rightstuf's AoA prices.

I'll have to call Rightstuf today and cancel my pre-order there for the two FMA:B sets. By saving $40 on the series through TOM, and just recently selling my Funimation 2-part sets and the OVA combo set for $70, I'll get the two Aniplex box sets for just $89 total, which isn't bad at all!
Here’s me splitting FMA due to F/A box 1releasinh same day 😭.
I plan to get set 2 wth F/A box 2 in feb

I don't think there's any shame in not being made of money. AoA prices are extortionate as it is, never mind buying 4 sets in one day.

Well I have a lot of $$ still sitting in my Paypal Credit Account from cancelling Sentai's Legend of the Galactic Heroes set just before it shipped, and a few hundred more in my Paypal Balance from recently selling off some unwanted anime in my collection, so I just used a portion of all that to cover this Aniplex purchase. If TOM would have had the Kizumonogatari sets in stock, I would definitely have ordered all three of those as well.

For me the only thing better than AoA releases are English-friendly JP releases. I have one entire media shelf unit with eight 3-foot wide shelves in it, that is pretty much completely filled now with just JP and AoA releases. I still have at least 16 Aniplex titles remaining to order yet to be all caught up, though.

Last edited:
Well I have a lot of $$ still sitting in my Paypal Credit Account from cancelling Sentai's Legend of the Galactic Heroes set just before it shipped, and a few hundred more in my Paypal Balance from recently selling off some unwanted anime in my collection, so I just used a portion of all that to cover this Aniplex purchase. If TOM would have had the Kizumonogatari sets in stock, I would definitely have ordered all three of those as well.

I still have at least 16 Aniplex titles remaining to order yet to be all caught up - now that would be a fun bulk order, heheh...

Bragging about how much money you have isn't going to impress anyone you know?

Also my March opinions differ the first half of S1 was poor both times I watched it. But then its get a lot better and S2 is amazing.

I suppose I'll have to revisit that series and go a little further with it - I watched the first 3 episodes and dropped it, the kids and the lame comedy were really getting on my nerves.

Last edited:
Bragging about how much money you have isn't going to impress anyone you know?

aniplexmasterrace.jpg

Last edited:
Does the AL Kiznaiver release have issues, or is it just that it was re-authored at a lower video quality? I did buy the AL set, but mainly for the book - I'll eventually purchase the AoA set as well.

I'm only teasing lemon a bit, he just seemed to be getting a little... incendiary, lol... All in fun. ;)

Oh, and I updated the image in my post on the previous page to better reflect the topic at hand. heheheh - I'm so evil. :)

Last edited:
Blu rays I'm waiting for...

Amanchu (uk)
Action heroine cheer fruits (usa)
Concrete revolutio (usa)
Comet Lucifer (aus)
Free high speed (usa)
Free starting days (usa)
Free take your marks (usa)
Handa-Kun (aus)
Hayate combat butler season 1 (usa)
Juni taisen zodiac war (usa)
Recovery of an mmo junkie (usa)
Tokyo godfathers (uk)
Utawarerumono ova (usa)

Last edited:
Been a while since I picked up some anime but hey it's payday so why not!

Granblue Fantasy vol 1
No Game No Life the movie CE
both from Anime Online
Hayuka pt 2 from Zavvi

Back