The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Yeah I'm glad I got it so cheap since I wouldn't pay that amount either. That 4K release looks tempting ngl.

Yeah, not sure if you have a 4K TV, but the release isn't an upscale, they went back to the original film and made a new 4K master, so it should look fantastic! I have a 4K TV, but alas not one with HDR, so I'm not sure if I'd get the most out of it. I own the single disc Australian release, so it would still be an upgrade for all the various versions!

Yeah, not sure if you have a 4K TV, but the release isn't an upscale, they went back to the original film and made a new 4K master, so it should look fantastic! I have a 4K TV, but alas not one with HDR, so I'm not sure if I'd get the most out of it. I own the single disc Australian release, so it would still be an upgrade for all the various versions!
I inherited a 4K TV recently, though mine doesnt have HDR either (though it does have 3D oddly enough.) The other cuts are interesting, I remember watching the Argento one a while back since I love his filmography.

Ordered a bunch of Funi titles, though they won't arrive for a little while;
Limited Editions:
  • In another world with my smartphone Limited Edition
  • Kabaneri Limited Edition
  • Keijo!!!!! Limited Edition
  • My Hero Academia season two part two Limited Edition
  • Orange Limited Edition
  • Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 Part 1 Limited Edition

Standard Editions:
  • Black butler book of Atlantic Blu Ray
  • Tokyo Ghoul Live Action Blu Ray

Also bought a few DVD slipcovers missing from my collection:
  • Armitage III Anime Classics
  • Last Exile Anime Classics (to replace the worn out sleeve my used copy came in.)
  • Tenchi in Tokyo DVD
  • Texhnolyze Anime Classics
  • Vandread Anime Classics

Last edited:
PlanetES Omnibus Vol 2
After @Adam-M pointed out that Wordery had some copies I meant to go to town to ask at Waterstones if they would be getting some, but for various reasons that didn't happen and they disappeared from Wordery (I checked a few times and they were still saying 10, but then gone). Whilst trying to get to sleep tonight my brain wouldn't shut off and I randomly thought about trying other English versions of Amazon, so went on the app and there it was on the UK one!

Hopefully it's not a phantom listing!

Fuse CE from AL's summer sale. I haven't seen this since Scotland Loves Anime 2013. It sort of suffered from being sandwiched between Magical Sisters Yoyo & Nene (how I'd still like to own that on BD) and the superb Patema Inverted in the Saturday line-up.

It'll be really interesting to see it again, and to pay more attention to the soundtrack that director Masayuki Miyaji talked about in the post-film Q&A session.

Back