The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Where’d you find them @Stiivun? Not that I want them personally (I actually thought the slipcases looked really nice in the promo image until I learned they were lenticular) but I’ve not seen that version in stock anywhere.

Also, anyone have experience of “small packet” delivery from KimchiDVD? It seems like I can save $20 by ordering each set separately and using small packet instead of ordering them together and having to use EMS.

had the urge to buy some anime this morning (when don't I?) last ones I bought were your name and silent voice, just now I got paprika and perfect blue. my brother is on his night shifts so if I watched them in the living room... how much would I have to explain? I haven't seen either of the films myself

had the urge to buy some anime this morning (when don't I?) last ones I bought were your name and silent voice, just now I got paprika and perfect blue. my brother is on his night shifts so if I watched them in the living room... how much would I have to explain? I haven't seen either of the films myself
A lot, I still get a little confused by Paprika. I get most of it, it's a lot like Inception, but the end loses me.
I get Perfect Blue a bit more these videos helped, SPOILERS obviously:

@ayase, bought the GiTS Lenticular sets way back at Kimchidvd when they were announced. The regular ones are back in stock at Kimchidvd as Patient-X also pointed out.

Regarding shipping, i always used Small Packets and never had an issue with it. Packaging is also very thorough at Kimchidvd, box with loads of bubblewrap to keep the set in place and protected.

A lot, I still get a little confused by Paprika. I get most of it, it's a lot like Inception, but the end loses me.
I get Perfect Blue a bit more these videos helped, SPOILERS obviously:

oh thanks for those vids D1tchd1gger! I'd want to watch perfect blue before watching those though. only thing I really know about the films though is that paprika is sort of dream like, and contains what I might call a lot of "experimentaion" with the animation, and perfect blue, well I only really know the pop star thing and that it has some scenes of sexual assault?

A common theme among Satoshi Kon's movies is detailing the two different lives of the characters: private and public in Perfect Blue, and waking and dreaming in Paprika (and for Millennium Actress: on-screen and off-screen. Tokyo Godfathers is his only film that doesn't really do this).

ZA LIFE, ZA HOMETOWN, ZA KEIJO

71hmCmfEMPL._SL1284_.jpg

Keijo!!!!!!!!: Complete Series (Limited Edition) [Combo Pack]
Okay so a week ago I bought Yuri!!! on Ice which was a series that surprised me. On that AUKN post I mentioned about getting Keijo!!!!!!! afterwards depending on the situation. Today, the situation is now sorted - the UK currency rate did get worse but it was expected so the current rate is still perfectly fine since it's still back to where it was before the referendum happened (yes I kept record of what the rate was before that day ~ $1 = 71p for those wondering). And another thing that happened was a Valentine's Day sale on DeepDiscount with 15% off any order.

And as such I got Keijo!!!!!!!! ordered. I like this show, its enjoyable trash like Killing Bites from the current season is. It's literally one of the few Funimation LE sets that I wanted to own in recent months and my other favourite shows (Interviews with Monster Girls and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid) are just standard releases which saves me a lot of hassle for later acquisitions. The total price for the Keijo LE with the discount is about £45.

For those wondering Yuri!!! on Ice is still at $64.99, same as Keijo!!!!!!!!, but currently on back-order on DeepDiscount.

Might get Keijo!!!!!! At a later date. I plan to get a few of those Gkid Ghibli titles using the code but they still haven't confirmed if they have slipcovers or not.

Last edited:
Is there much of a difference between these and the UK releases?
Some of the transfers are better (Nausicaa and Whisper of the Heart for instance) and some of the US ones have more special features. I mainly got these titles specifically because I didn't already own the UK releases, that and they take up slightly less shelf space.

I'm planning on selling my SC titles over time to get the US ones. So far I've got these, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, Ponyo and My Neighbour Totoro.

Most of the SC Ghibli releases are fine, but once I swapped over Nausicaa I wanted collection consistency and now I'm trapped to get all of them ;)

Some of the transfers are better (Nausicaa and Whisper of the Heart for instance) and some of the US ones have more special features. I mainly got these titles specifically because I didn't already own the UK releases, that and they take up slightly less shelf space.

I'm planning on selling my SC titles over time to get the US ones. So far I've got these, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, Ponyo and My Neighbour Totoro.

Most of the SC Ghibli releases are fine, but once I swapped over Nausicaa I wanted collection consistency and now I'm trapped to get all of them ;)
Ah okay, was curious but as someone who doesn't really watch on disc extras it's probably not worth me switching out mine this far into collecting them.

Back