The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Probably not, I'm happy with most of the SC releases. Although I have got the US Ocean Waves because it's got The Ghiblies ep2 as an extra :)
Fair enough, I'm wondering whether to sell my SC versions and get the Shout ones or not. Might pick Ocean waves eventually.

Yeah it's A locked, think all the Shout Ghiblis are. They're a company that only do A Discs, I own a fair few of their horror releases.

You know of any affordable Region Free BluRays or any means of factory reseting one?

As for what I've picked up I'm currently waiting for my copy of

Future GPX Cyber Formula TV Series (English Sub).

You know of any affordable Region Free BluRays or any means of factory reseting one?

As for what I've picked up I'm currently waiting for my copy of

Future GPX Cyber Formula TV Series (English Sub).
Are you referring to region free Blu Ray players? If so there are a few affordable players, though mine cost £150. If you can get a hold of certain Toshiba players then they can be hacked with firmware on a disc.

Are you referring to region free Blu Ray players? If so there are a few affordable players, though mine cost £150. If you can get a hold of certain Toshiba players then they can be hacked with firmware on a disc.

I was, but I'm also looking into hackable ones. I noticed the toshiba one, but I'm not keen on buying a firmware disc. If there ones that are more readily hackable, such as a phillips (I've a phillips DVD that's done me well), I'd be on it like a rash.

Also £150 isn't too bad but anything under £100 would be sweet. What model is your Blu-Ray?

I sense there will be a greater need for Blu-Ray in the future so might as well get on the wagon at some point. There seems to be a number of older titles being remastered for Blur-Ray such as Cyber Formula. :)

I was, but I'm also looking into hackable ones. I noticed the toshiba one, but I'm not keen on buying a firmware disc. If there ones that are more readily hackable, such as a phillips (I've a phillips DVD that's done me well), I'd be on it like a rash.

Also £150 isn't too bad but anything under £100 would be sweet. What model is your Blu-Ray?

I sense there will be a greater need for Blu-Ray in the future so might as well get on the wagon at some point. There seems to be a number of older titles being remastered for Blur-Ray such as Cyber Formula. :)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...ray+player&dpPl=1&dpID=51F3NDf25bL&ref=plSrch
Here's my current one
Firmware disc hacked players are fine, but my old one doesn't play newer Funi discs for some reason. I was convinced it was broken but it just doesn't like certain discs, which was a real pain.

Hackable Blu-ray players appear to be dead and gone. Seems like a real step backwards to me - I got a remote hackable one about 7 years ago for £40. Now a modded one will cost you £150.

What's the situation with Australian players? Didn't they make region locked machines illegal a few years back? If so I might start importing and selling them as a side business...

Bet you weren't expecting this from me lol.

81JtQ92bIfL._SL1284_.jpg

Yuri!!! on Ice: Complete Series (Limited Edition) [Combo Pack]
So I got more funds recently and was enough to be able to acquire one of the Funimation LE titles. Now last month there were two that I wanted but I decided to hold them off as they weren't likely to sell out for a while (Berserk's CG damaged its reputation and Kabaneri's second half killed the show for many).

Yuri!!! on Ice is a series that I admittedly was quite surprised to be entertained by. Not only were the OP & ED a great listen (disclaimer: everyone has different taste in music yadayada) but I was quite intrigued by how the anime progressed all the way. I liked the show enough to consider the limited edition version which was £15 more than the standard set.

Now you may be wondering yourself - "But Grav, what about the ultimate life and hometown show Keijo?!". Keijo is another series that I want to own as well, however I'm saving it for a little while longer just to see how it turns out in terms of the sales, plus Yuri on Ice had a way higher chance of going out of print. If I feel it will sell out sooner than expected I will get it, if not I might wait a little longer just in case the currency rate starts to change. Of course there's also Attack on Titan Season 2, but there's two versions thanks to UK & US so there's enough time to sort that one out.

On the topic of Crunchyroll & Funimation LEs here's my current stance on the matter:
  • 91 Days: Nice content for the set with a detailed booklet and artwork. Result - Worth It
  • Attack on Titan (Season 2): Matches Season 1 on content. UK version a replica as well. Result - Get the UK Version
  • Berserk (Season 1): Really nice digipack layout but could end up like Tales did. Result - Optional
  • Bungo Stray Dogs (Season 1): Decent artwork and a detailed booklet. Could end up like Tales did however. Result - Worth It/Optional
  • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (Season 1): Box itself has okay artwork but the rest is solid enough. Result - Worth It
  • Keijo!!!!!!!! - Fanservicey artwork and a booklet with more life/hometown plus calendar for the fans. Result - Worth It
  • Mob Psycho 100: Nice boxart but disappointing artwork on the case and the contents in general. Result - Not Worth It
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Season 1): Gunpla model is a cool idea, but it ruins it for folks who simply want the set box. Result - Worth It (Fans only)/Optional/Not Worth It
  • My Hero Academia (Season 2 Part 1): If you're a fan then get it, but bare in mind that pretty much every 1-cour of this series is getting the treatment so that's a lot of shelf space and money you're putting towards. Result - Worth It (Fans only)/Optional/Not Worth It
  • Myriad Colors Phantom World: Nice artwork and for the fans only. Result - Worth It/Optional
  • Orange: Nice artwork and content though you really don't want English VA content. Result - Optional/Not Worth It
  • ReLIFE: Nice digipack layout and artwork but not much on content. Result - Worth It/Optional
  • SERVAMP: Why? Result - Not Worth It
  • Speed Racer: Jesus christ that thing talks. Also the discs aren't in the safest place. Result - Not Worth It
  • Tales of Zestiria the X (Season 1): Really nice digipack layout but Season 2 has no LE. Result - Not Worth It
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil: Nice boxart and comes with fanservice artbook. UK version will likely be superior or identical. Result - Get the UK Version
  • Yuri!!! on Ice - Holographic box with an 80-page artbook and artwork for the fans. Result - Worth It

• Attack on Titan (Season 2): Matches Season 1 on content. UK version a replica as well. Result - Get the UK Version
Do we know if all the info and age ratings are printed straight on the UK art box or if it's on a removable info sheet? Cause if they've ruined the art box with that stuff, it's better to go with the US CE in my opinion.

Do we know if all the info and age ratings are printed straight on the UK art box or if it's on a removable info sheet? Cause if they've ruined the art box with that stuff, it's better to go with the US CE in my opinion.

So far it looks like this:

DVSta_kWkAUNe-g.jpg

I presume the info sheets are removable in the same fashion as the Universal sets.

Back