The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by Suiseiseki, Jun 1, 2005.

1. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

It's the same set they have released in France so perhaps they decided to keep it in the artwork.

2. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

The JP sets had french on them as well. I believe its just something thats liked with the sets. (It also allows AL to just print the same box for two countries)

I've also placed an order for Grimgar

3. Stiivun

Stiivun Magical Girl

Ghost Stories: Complete Collection (Discotek) on Amazon as it dropped below the 22€ Belgian customs limit.

4. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Death Scythe

Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions - As mentioned elsewhere I decided to watch some of this on CR to help me decide if I wanted it as honestly the whole "transported to a fantasy world" thing was kinda turn off, but having watched 4 episodes I decided I liked it enough to buy it. It's a really beautiful show to look at (I'm not just referring to the copious shots of Yumes **** either....honest.) and I like how the group doesn't feel OP in anyway what so ever (at least for now). So yeah, I'll pick up the BD and finish watching it then.

5. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

Since I sold some items on eBay I had a bit more money to add to this months anime budget so I went ahead and pre-ordered the GATE and Fruits Basket CEs from Anime On Line.

6. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Za Warudo

Ordered Fruits Basket CE from MVM using the code as it’s payday for me tomorrow and I still had plenty of money in my account. I love FB and it’s one of the very few anime where I’ll watch it dubbed.

7. Just Passing Through

Just Passing Through Guild Member

Me too, took one look at the comparison pics and decided that it was worth an upgrade.

8. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

Remember those comparison shots where with the JP BD set. FUNi's master could be a tad different, but I imagine mostly in the brightness settings. It should still be an improvement over the DVDs though.

9. crashmatt

crashmatt Stand User

Pre ordered GATE with the MVM discount code, couldn't miss it at that price.

Also ordered the Steel book of Tales from Earthsea, I don't really rate the film but I'm trying to get all the Ghibili steel bools. Hopefully the Cat Returns will go live next Sunday

10. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

I pre-ordered Blue Exorcist Kyoto Saga Part 1 from MVM with discount code.

I ordered Sailor Moon Season 1 from Madman
    [​IMG]

I've bought some stuff off PhilibO, and will list them properly once paid for.

HWR likes this.
  11. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

Glad I'm not the only one who took advantage and got Sailor Moon from Madman. Did you get that 25% off code?

12. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

Yep. It's the whole reason I was considering it.

13. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

Likewise. Was worthwhile at that price but I wouldn't have double dipped without the discount.

14. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Stand User

This will be the first time I'll be watching SM so its a blind buy.

15. HWR

HWR Pokémon Master

When I initially got the Viz set from eBay it was a blind buy for me.

16. BanzaiJedi

BanzaiJedi Pokémon Master

From Anime-on-Line using the BD discount code:
    GATE collector's edition
    Girls und Panzer: Anzio OVA
    Girls und Panzer der Film

That discount basically means I am getting the GuP movie for £1 :D

Neil.T likes this.
  17. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Za Warudo

Ordered Grimgar....used my £10 code from AL at christmas so it only cost me £19.99

18. D1tchd1gger

D1tchd1gger Vampire Ninja

FLCL and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 from @PilibO

19. ActionFaust

ActionFaust Hikikomori

Just ordered Love Live! The School Idol Movie, K-ON Season One and K-ON Season 2 Collection 2 from Madman's sale.

Jaysgba likes this.