The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

st_owly said:
I got the Kaze Princess Jellyfish cheap at a con. The discs are very badly authored in terms of menus and things, (there's very few chapter markers and stuff) but I didn't notice anything truly awful about the video quality.

The subtitles are fracked. The signs only subs are with the English track, the dialogue subtitles are with the Japanese, and the audio options are locked. If you come across screen text while someone is speaking, it won't be translated and you'll want to switch to the signs to see what it meant. You can't. And this happens a lot in this show. When I reviewed it, I had to rip the discs, and burn the episodes to DVD-Rs with the lock removed to understand what was going on. Funimation's release has decent subs.

If you're a fan of the dub, then the Khazi release will do in a pinch, but the Funi discs have extras that the Khazi release or even the AU release don't have.

I didn't notice anything odd when watching Princess Jellyfish but then missing signs subtitles were normal back then so I was just used to it. Higher standards these days.

On topic, xxxHOLiC Omnibus 4 from Wordery.

I usually get loads at the end of 2 months but I'm doing it a bit early for once.....

Ok here we go

Code gaess a kite the exiled
Chis sweet home
Master of mosquion
Cyber six
Wild arms
Sweet flowers
Starzing
The sea prince and the fire child
Robotech love live alive
Red date girl
Rental magica
Puss n boots
Princess knight parts 1 and 2
Tiger and bunny movie 2
Yugioh season 2
Michiko and hatchin parts 1 and 2
Otorimonogatari
Naruto shippuden parts 20
Kamisuma dolls
Onimonogatari
Black butler live
Fairy tale part 9
Violence jack ovas......uncut......FINALLY
Legendary armor
Freezing season 2
Azazel your being summoned

britguy said:
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day Premium edition - been wanting to watch this show for so long!

Wasn't this OOP ?

I have the standard edition. Oh and you might wanna keep some tissues ready, i for one couldn't keep it dry.

Stiivun said:
britguy said:
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day Premium edition - been wanting to watch this show for so long!

Wasn't this OOP ?

I have the standard edition. Oh and you might wanna keep some tissues ready, i for one couldn't keep it dry.

Yes it is OOP, i'll share details of how I got it and for how much when I receive it :p

Edit - Finally tracked down a decent priced version of Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV Series Ultra Edition, very happy :D

Rosencrantz said:
Received my copy of Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! today :) Very nice looking set and tons of extras

Yeah mine should be delivered today too...

My multiregion blu ray player broke but at least it broke locked to region A only so i can watch it...

Pre - Ordered:

Baccano Blu Ray Collectors Edition
Tiger & Bunny: The Rising Collectors Edition
Kill La Kill Collectors Edition Part 2 of 3
Space Dandy Season 2 Collectors Edition

Pre-Ordered Baccano! Collectors Blu-Ray and bought Space Dandy season 1 Blu-Ray Collectors edition (didn't have the money when Zavvi had it for £30 but managed to find someone selling it for £35 on Amazon)

Love Live! School Idol Project (from what I can tell, I bought the last one on UP1, because now they've gone up in price)
Paranoia Agent
Baccano Blu Ray Collectors Edition
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 3: Stardust Crusaders Vol. 1-16

Back