The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered from Rightstuf:
Appleseed (CGI) - Standard Blu-ray
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail - Complete Series Standard Blu-ray/DVD
One Piece Movie 8: Episodes of Alabasta - Standard Blu-ray

Kept the package short and sweet with some cheap Blu-rays. Finally ordered Appleseed so I can watch both films (CGI & Ex Machina) whenever. Added Roberta's Blood Trail for some Black Lagoon goodness and Movie 8 which was cheap.

Ordered from United Publications USA:
Fairy Tail - Part 1 Standard Blu-ray/DVD
Fairy Tail - Part 2 Standard Blu-ray/DVD
Fairy Tail - Part 3 Standard Blu-ray/DVD
Fairy Tail - Part 4 Standard Blu-ray/DVD
Fairy Tail - Part 5 Standard Blu-ray/DVD

Also time for me to start watching Fairy Tail. I've decided to go ahead with the Parts since it will be quicker to finish the series and also more amusing to look at on the shelf. I bought the first five sets, meaning I have half of what's currently available which is good.

The currency rate slightly reduced this month so it was a good time to take some advantage (i.e. instead of paying est. £26.24 each, I'll instead have to pay est. £23.86 [exc. P&P] based on the UP1USA prices). In other words I'm saving a few pounds that's all.

[Titles still incoming:]
Attack on Titan - Part 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD - ETA Late May/Early June
Gurren Lagann - Complete Box Set Ultimate Edition Blu-ray - ETA When it's done
Haganai: NEXT - Complete Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD - ETA Week of 5th/12th May

[Titles already dispatched:]
Eureka Seven - Part 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD - ETA Week of 28th April
Strike Witches - Complete Season 1 Standard Blu-ray/DVD - ETA Early May
Strike Witches - Complete Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD - ETA Early May

Bought the following blu rays from a mate on avforums today:

Deadman Wonderland
Durarara (#1313 of 3000)
Fullmetal Alchemist Conqueror of Shamballa
Psycho Pass Parts 1 & 2
Robotics Notes LE Parts 1 & 2

I got

Gyo on dvd
Madbull 34 on dvd (I've had a post-it note on my desk for over a year now saying to buy it. Still £13 incliding P&P isn't bad at all, Gyo was only £3 with postage too, both from amazon uk)

DVDs:
Fate/Zero: Part 1 Collectors Edition (My first non-standard edition :))
Guilty Crown: Part 2

UP1 worked out cheaper than Amazon even when including delivery which surprised me considering they're both new releases.

Manga:
Deadman Wonderland: Vol. 1 (Replacing my Tokyopop copies)

I received Psycho-Pass Part 1 (Funimation BD/DVD Combo Pack) & Kimi ni Todoke - Volume 2 Premium Edition (NIS America) - pictures will be uploaded into another thread tomorrow.

UP1 messed up on my order though, has this ever happened to any of you guys?

I ordered Guilty Crown Part 2 on Blu-Ray - got it on DVD (simple mistake, I can see that happening to anyone.)

I also ordered Psycho-Pass Part 2 and received Robotics;Notes Part 2. o_O

Phoned them this morning and they said to send the product back to them (and they'll refund postage), so I'm happy with the customer service.

lelouchnarukami said:
I received Psycho-Pass Part 1 (Funimation BD/DVD Combo Pack) & Kimi ni Todoke - Volume 2 Premium Edition (NIS America) - pictures will be uploaded into another thread tomorrow.

I ordered Guilty Crown Part 2 on Blu-Ray - got it on DVD (simple mistake, I can see that happening to anyone.)

Phoned them this morning and they said to send the product back to them (and they'll refund postage), so I'm happy with the customer service.
Law of averages means that the odd order will have incorrect items. I only remember it happening with UP1 once or twice with me (can't say what it was/should have been since it hasn't happened recently).

lelouchnarukami said:

I've actually had this happen twice to me. The first time I ordered the Disappearance of Haruhi AUS BD and recieved Cardcaptor Sakura Set 1, and more recently I received the more expensive Kamisama Kiss Goddess Edition instead of K Limited Edition. Although I wanted Kamisama Kiss I sent it back for K and ordered the Standard Edition instead. I've also had an item omitted from an order despite the slip stating it was there and a damaged artbox once each, yet in every circumstance the guys at UP1 have sorted things out/exchanged items very quickly, so I can't exactly fault them. Accidents happen sometimes.

Back